Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Problems with DVC-Dec. 7-10 2007 in the Vacation Planning forums; My family and I always try to go rotate going to Disney during Halloween and Christmas. This year we are going in December and called to make our DVC reservations ...
    Pluto'sPal is offline C-Ticket Holder

Problems with DVC-Dec. 7-10 2007

My family and I always try to go rotate going to Disney during Halloween and Christmas. This year we are going in December and called to make our DVC reservations for Dec. 7-10. We were told we could only use our points for the 7th and 8th, but that we would have to pay for our DVC room on the 9th. After lots of questioning, we found out that Florida state law only allows Disney so much DVC occupancy at one time. Now we are on a wait list waiting to see if anyone cancels their trip or else we are going to have to pay for our DVC room.
    That weekend the DVC members are coming, probably for the Mousefest !!!!

If you are a DVC member and are going during that weekend and haven't made arrangements yet, call now and get on a waiting list! Just thought I would let everyone know!

That's interesting. We'll be going Dec. 1-14th 2008. Good thing I can book at SSR 11 months out. So hopefully I won't have a problem.

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

DVCMike is offline A-Ticket holder
    As a DVC member, you have the chance to book your home resort(s) 11 months in advance, and any other resort 7 months in advance. I'm surprised you waited this long to book for this December, especially since that is a peak DVC season. I think you've learned a lesson: book as early as possible if you're going during a peak DVC time.
    DVC Member

We have been members since 1997, I know all about the 11 months for the home resort and 7 months for the others. Unfortunately, not everyone we travel with can book vacations 11 months, and in some cases not even 7 months in advance. I wasn't complaining about what happen as much I was letting others who are thinking about a last minute trip to call now. I know we will get a room, either by someone cancelling their reservation, or we will just pay for a night, no big deal. We have never ran into this problem before and we have gone every other year since 1997 during this time. My parents, brother, and my family are going and we had to wait to see if vacation time was granted and things like that. Unfortunately the earliest we could book was 6 months out.

I know I should have put this post in the DVC section of the forums. !

MickeyspalJim is offline Fastpass Holder
    My wife and I booked a last min. trip in late june and had to do the same. DVC points for the first 3 days, and cash room for the last 2. I worked out that We got the same room all week, just had to split it up. Must be a florida rule that caused it. I save alot of points not using pts. for those Friday, Sat. nights anyway. Also got the annual passholder rate for the cash nights and saved hundreds per night too!
    11 Pre-DVC Trips to WDW 8-1978 through 12-2006.

Our DVC/Disney Resort trips have been:

Trip #1 (Jan 31-Feb 5-07) SSR. Studio.
    Trip #2 (May 1- 8-07) OKW. Studio.
    Trip #3 (June 26-July 1-07) SSR. 1 Bdrm.
    Trip #4 (Sept 16-21-07) OKW. 1 & 2 Bdrm.
    Trip #5 (Nov 29-Dec 3-07) AKL.
    Trip #6 (Jan 26-Feb 2-08) AKL. Studio.
    Trip #7 (April 12-18-08) SSR. 1 Bdrm.
    Trip #8 (May 23-27-08) SSR. Studio.
    Trip # 9(May 27-30-08) OKW. Studio.
    Trip # 10(Sept 10-17-08) BWV. Studio
    Trip # 11 (Nov 15-21-08) VWL. 2 Bdrm.
    Trip # 12 (Dec 19-21-08) SSR. Studio.
    Trip # 13(Feb 1-6-09) SSR. 2 Bdrm.
    Trip # 14(Feb 27-Mar 1-09) AKV Studio
    Trip # 15(Apr 30-May 8-09) ASR Movies-1 nite, PO Riverside- 4 nites, SSR Studio 3 nites
    Trip # 16(July 6th-10th-09)Pop Century
    Trip # 17(Sept 18th-24th-2009)Pop Century
    Trip #18(Oct 10th-16th 2009) ASR Music-1 nite, SSR Treehouses 5 nites
    Trip #19(Jan 20th-26th 2010) OKW-4 nites, Bch Club Studio Villa 2 nites
    Trip #20(Apr 23rd-26th 2010) Caribbean Beach Resort
    Trip #21(June 18th-25th 2010) POR 2 nites, SSR 2bdrm Villa 5 Nites.