Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Early check-in in the Vacation Planning forums; Does anyone happen to know what is the earliest I can check into a resort? I know they say you can check in if you get there before the normal ...
    MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!

Early check-in

Does anyone happen to know what is the earliest I can check into a resort? I know they say you can check in if you get there before the normal check-in time of 3pm, but how early is early???

Here's the deal... My mom and I are arriving at WDW on the 29th, and will be doing so early in the morning. We've only got two days to do four parks, and so we're trying to maximize our time in the parks, meaning we don't want to have to leave in the middle of the day to go check in. I know we can check in after we are done with the parks in the evening, but here's the catch... we were hoping to be able to make use of the morning Extra Magic Hours at EPCOT on the 29th, which would mean we would have to check into the hotel really early... like 7:15ish. Does anyone know if this would be a problem? I mean, I wouldn't expect them to have a room ready yet, but will they be able to check us in and give us something to prove we are staying at the resort so we could get in for the EMHs at 8am?
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

biskit11 is offline 1000th Happy Haunt
    We check in before check in time on every trip. Usually before 10:00am so we can make the most of our day. The resort will hold your luggage for you. We always get our park passes and room on the one key card. We have been able to get into the parks with no problem, but they just did not give us our room number (incase someone is still in that room). I would just call the resort you are staying at to verify the procedure.

disneycrazy1956 is offline Fastpass Holder
    We always check in early, too. I think the earliest we ever got to our resort was 9:30 and it was no problem to get our keys and park tickets on the key card and then we headed off to the parks. They keep your luggage with bell services and will bring it to your room when you get back from your day. And if you are using magic express they will deliver them to your room if you get a room assignment when you are at the parks . Have fun!!!
    "I just want it to look like nothing else in the world... and it should be surrounded by a train" -Walt Disney.
    90 CB, 92 DI, 94 CR, 97 FWC, 99 CS, 00 CS, 02 CS, 04 POR, 05 POR, 07 POR, 08 POFQ, 09 POR, 11 POR.

jacketsfan683 is offline Fastpass Holder
    We usually get there early afternoon and don't have any problems.
    Eric

CleveRocks is offline D-Ticket Holder
    You can check in as early as 6:00 a.m., across the board at all WDW owned-and-operated resorts.
    -- Eric

Don, we generally check into our Disney Resort around 7 AM or so. Most of the time they do not have our room ready, but in some cases they have! If the room is not ready they get us all checked in so we have our tickets for the parks and then they move our luggage to our room once it's ready. They will also give you a number to call to check in later to see if your room is ready in case you need/want to head back to the resort.

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    Ok, great! Thanks everyone! I wasn't sure if wanting to check in that early was something of an oddity, but it looks like a few of you have done it yourselves before.

Now the only problem is going to be getting up early enough that I can be on the road from Daytona at or before 6:00am... ewww! I guess I better start going to bed earlier at night.
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

MickeyspalJim is offline Fastpass Holder
    Sleep is overated Don. LOL..ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    11 Pre-DVC Trips to WDW 8-1978 through 12-2006.

Our DVC/Disney Resort trips have been:

Trip #1 (Jan 31-Feb 5-07) SSR. Studio.
    Trip #2 (May 1- 8-07) OKW. Studio.
    Trip #3 (June 26-July 1-07) SSR. 1 Bdrm.
    Trip #4 (Sept 16-21-07) OKW. 1 & 2 Bdrm.
    Trip #5 (Nov 29-Dec 3-07) AKL.
    Trip #6 (Jan 26-Feb 2-08) AKL. Studio.
    Trip #7 (April 12-18-08) SSR. 1 Bdrm.
    Trip #8 (May 23-27-08) SSR. Studio.
    Trip # 9(May 27-30-08) OKW. Studio.
    Trip # 10(Sept 10-17-08) BWV. Studio
    Trip # 11 (Nov 15-21-08) VWL. 2 Bdrm.
    Trip # 12 (Dec 19-21-08) SSR. Studio.
    Trip # 13(Feb 1-6-09) SSR. 2 Bdrm.
    Trip # 14(Feb 27-Mar 1-09) AKV Studio
    Trip # 15(Apr 30-May 8-09) ASR Movies-1 nite, PO Riverside- 4 nites, SSR Studio 3 nites
    Trip # 16(July 6th-10th-09)Pop Century
    Trip # 17(Sept 18th-24th-2009)Pop Century
    Trip #18(Oct 10th-16th 2009) ASR Music-1 nite, SSR Treehouses 5 nites
    Trip #19(Jan 20th-26th 2010) OKW-4 nites, Bch Club Studio Villa 2 nites
    Trip #20(Apr 23rd-26th 2010) Caribbean Beach Resort
    Trip #21(June 18th-25th 2010) POR 2 nites, SSR 2bdrm Villa 5 Nites.