Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Honeymoon... where to stay? in the Vacation Planning forums; First of all, congratulations. I would actually recommend the Port Orleans resorts for your honeymoon for a variety of reasons. First of all, depeding when you go, and what discounts ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    First of all, congratulations.

I would actually recommend the Port Orleans resorts for your honeymoon for a variety of reasons. First of all, depeding when you go, and what discounts you apply, you can get a wonderful room there for as little as $74 a night. Plus, the resorts are much smaller, quieter, and much more romantic than any of the Values. There are plenty of activities or honeymoonig couples, including boat rides along the Sassagouls, quiet hot tubs, nicer restaurants, amenities, views and more. Plus, they are closer to the parks as well.

I am not one that spends much time in the room, either, but thoroughly enjoy the theming, atmosphere, etc. of the PO resorts, and often recommend and book them for others.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

DisneyonaDime is offline Moderator
    I agree with Lou, the Moderate Resorts can be affordable depending on what time of year you go and what discounts are being offered. I think a honeymoon is a good reason to bump up from the Value Resorts to the Moderates.

When do you plan on tieing the knot? If you haven't set a date, I would recommend choosing a time that is not around a holiday or that is during the summer. Why you might ask? Not only will it be hard to have a private honeymoon, but also anniversaries will be more expensive and hard to do. My wife and I were married on July 1st. The good thing about that is we normally have a three-day weekend around our anniversary . The bad thing is- so does everybody else. If we go on a trip or do something special, we are always getting rooms in fully booked hotels, eating at restaurants that are packed, or going to places that have just too many people. Over the last couple of years, we have both decided to stay at home or celebrate a week early.

If you choose sometime in the Fall or Spring, not only will you get a good rate on your hotel for your honeymoon, but it will also be cheaper to go back every year to celebrate your anniversary. Don't forget the smaller crowds too.

My two cents.
    Chris
    Co-author of "Disney on a Dime"- now for sale !!!! Get our new book, plus some extra free goodies when you buy from our site-
    www.DisneyonaDime.com
    Find daily and weekly tips, updates, and now- our book.
    "You can drop a grand in Disney World like that!"- Frank Costanza

rosworms is offline The Harry Potter fandom's little Disney Freak
    Thanks. I know that he's thinking of summer, but I'm trying to convince him that fall is much better.
    One, so that I can have my long sleeved gown that I want... and two, because it's one of the least populated times for WDW.

Thanks so much everyone. I'll definately be looking into the moderate resorts now. I'm pretty sure that we could agree on that... it's a nice compromise. We won't be spending all our money on a room, but he will also get to feel like he's giving me everything (which he keeps talking about).

BTW, does anybody know about those bride and groom mouse ears? Can you get those at any Disney shop down there?
    Disney Trips
    May 1994- WDW (off property)
    May 1997- WDW (off property)
    March 2001- WDW (off property)
    May 2006- Disneyland (off property)
    September 2010- WDW (POFQ)
    October 2012 - Wedding and Honeymoon! - WDW (POR)

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Quote Originally Posted by rosworms
    Thanks. I know that he's thinking of summer, but I'm trying to convince him that fall is much better.
    One, so that I can have my long sleeved gown that I want... and two, because it's one of the least populated times for WDW.
    <snipped>

BTW, does anybody know about those bride and groom mouse ears? Can you get those at any Disney shop down there?
    Don't forget about the Food & Wine festival at Epcot in the Fall - great way to get a lot more for very little money! I don't know how it is in Minnesota/Wisconsin, but here on Long Island, wedding receptions are less expensive in the fall than in the summer, especially in November.

Bride & Groom ears are available all over WDW, and you could order them in advance (or hint strongly about what a great shower gift they would be) from the WDW merchandise line:
    The US phone number is: 407-363-6200
    US Fax number: 407-363-4918
    Email: wdw.mail.order@disney.com
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015; 2 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    If my DW and I would have honeymooned at WDW the marriage probably would not have lasted 36+ years so far. Honestly though, any place at WDW can be romantic. Happiness is not dependent on how much or little you spend on your honeymoon. Congratulations and Best Wishes to you both whatever you decide!
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

Jesusallornone is offline A-Ticket holder

For a romantic atmosphere stay at the AKL

My fiance and I went to Disney the first week in June 2005, we stayed onsite for our first time at AKL we had a savannah view room, and it was well worth the money. The animals were easily seen in the dark because the lighting. The atmosphere is romantic and wonderfully disney, we are staying there again for our honeymoon in December. Its location was a bit far from the parks, but the hotel was so amazing that it made up for it by far. We are definitley hoping that Expedition Everest has a light opening while we're there, and cant wait for our trip!!!!

5 months, 12 days, 13 hours, 5 minutes, and 39 seconds, til we see the mouse on our honeymoon!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jesusallornone
    My fiance and I went to Disney the first week in June 2005, we stayed onsite for our first time at AKL we had a savannah view room, and it was well worth the money. The animals were easily seen in the dark because the lighting. The atmosphere is romantic and wonderfully disney, we are staying there again for our honeymoon in December. Its location was a bit far from the parks, but the hotel was so amazing that it made up for it by far. We are definitley hoping that Expedition Everest has a light opening while we're there, and cant wait for our trip!!!!

5 months, 12 days, 13 hours, 5 minutes, and 39 seconds, til we see the mouse on our honeymoon!!
    Congratulations and welcome to DWT!!!! My DH and I spent our Honeymoon at WDW 7 years ago and there isn't another place on Earth that I would have rather been! Be sure to purchase the Bride and Groom Mickey ears and wear them EVERYWHERE you go! Hope you find your time here rewarding. There are a lot of people who know A LOT and are always ready to help out!

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    We didn't stay on property for our honeymoon because I was misinformed about costs. We had a great time but for our second trip we went to Contemporary and Grand Floridian. If I have any choice in the future, we will always stay on property.

Anyway, our second honeymoon is coming up in Oct. and we chose Port Orleans Riverside. It just looked beautiful and peaceful. I don't think I could get my DH to wear ears anywhere but maybe I could try.

Enjoy your honeymoon, whenever it is... No better place to spend it than WDW

WDW Donna is offline Much too far from the Magic :(
    We were married and honeymooned at the Yacht and Beach Club. They have the cutest little gazebo for weddings. It is a beautiful resort, though I know it's pricey.(We haven't afforded to stay there since, maybe for our 25th) The All Star resorts weren't around then.

I agree with all those that say Port Orleans. I haven't stayed there but I have visited the resort and it is so pretty with the pathways around the resort looking like streets. It was my favourite resort until we stayed at the Y&B Club.

The All Star Resorts might be a choice, you can always request a room away from the pools and busy areas. After all you are only going to be there to sleep,( nudge nudge, wink wink.) You can visit other resorts for romantic dinners and walks.

If you by some chance decide to chose the Y&B Club I still have the room number of our Jr. Suite. We were 'magically' upgraded from a standard room at no extra cost. I still don't know to this day why. Maybe because we were getting married there or maybe my manager at the Disney Store (where I worked at the time) called and spread some pixie dust.

Congratulations on your wedding.

EpcoT International Program June 21-January 21 1991
    Resorts we have tried;
    Yacht and Beach Club (our wedding)-1994
    All Star Movies -2004
    All Star Sports - 2006
    All Star Music Resort - 2008
    Coronado Springs -2009

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    I've never stayed there but I'm planning on getting married somewhere at disney world (its being talked about right now) and staying at the Grand Floridian while we ware there. Just because its, a honeymoon, I figure you should splurge. Or at AKL. Those two would be my choices because they seem a little more 'adult-geared'
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    I just returned from my honeymoon last month... We stayed at the CBR... Dh's pick.. I would have rather stayed at PO French Quater... The setting is much more for couples... CBR is okay.. but too many children and families there...

Jesusallornone is offline A-Ticket holder
    See the thing with me is though, I am from Florida, I live about a mile from the beach, and Disney is about an hour and a half drive. I wouldnt stay at many of the moderate resorts or the Grand Floridian simply because they are beach type florida like hotels, its just stuff I see everyday and nothing I would wanna do on a vacation ide rather do something different and AKL is very different, I dont think I would ever stay anywhere else, I originally booked my honeymoon for the contemporary because that hotel looks amazing but after a few dates I started really thinking about it and had to call up reservations and change my resort to the AKL there is nothing like it, it blows me away, it would be hard for me to stay anywhere else.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12