Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Honeymoon... where to stay? in the Vacation Planning forums; Well... I think I have finally convinced my guy to make our honeymoon in Disney World after we get married (long engagement, so not very soon... i have plenty of ...
    rosworms is offline The Harry Potter fandom's little Disney Freak

Honeymoon... where to stay?

Well... I think I have finally convinced my guy to make our honeymoon in Disney World after we get married (long engagement, so not very soon... i have plenty of time).

But... we're having a hard time trying to pick out where we wanna stay.

I've been to Disney three times (yes, only three... i'm 21 okay?) and he's never been there at all.
    I've only ever stayed off-site and that would be fine for me to do again, but he keeps saying, "No wife of mine will be staying in a Holiday Inn for her honeymoon." So... we're trying to figure out which on-site resort to stay at.
    We're a young couple and he's the only one working (we's kinda old fashion... women stay home while men bring home the bacon type thing). So I know that there's not alot of money to be spent.

I don't think he's too crazy about the Value resorts (prolly cuz they're called "value" resorts) even though I keep trying to convince him that they are just fine.

So... anybody have any suggestions on where to stay? or maybe some good Value Resort pics I could show him so that he can see they are pretty cool?

Princess Jas is offline Princess of Agrabah
    I have stayed at All Star Music and Pop Century and they were both fine. I have toured All Star Movies and All Star Sports and they are the same - just depends on which "theming" you prefer. Some people on here have lots of pics of them on here - I'll have to go find them.
    - Jas (Rebecca)

I got engaged at Epcot on June 17, 2007! We're going back to celebrate my graduation in May 2009!

Princess Jas is offline Princess of Agrabah
    All Star Movies - http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/pho...=519&password=

All Star Sports - http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/pho...=521&password=

Pop Century - http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/pho...=522&password=

No one has any pictures of All Star Music on here - I'll see if I can find some and upload them. Disney also has pictures of them on their website.

- Jas (Rebecca)

I got engaged at Epcot on June 17, 2007! We're going back to celebrate my graduation in May 2009!

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    I'd say depending on what time of year you are going, you may be able to swing a moderate resort as well. If you go in the off season and can get any kind of discount (AAA, or codes from www.mousesavers.com, for instance) you could try a place like:
    Carribean Beach Resort
    Coronado Springs, or Port Orleans

You can look at them online at the Disney website under Resorts, moderate section www.disneyworld.com and even get a price quote for the time of year you are going and see if that works for you.

Otherwise, I think a value resort is fine-just tell him you got the honeymoon wing!! I would suggest a theming you like, if you like sports, go with All Star Sports, if you like music, All Star Music, etc.....Congrats!
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    We spent our honeymoon at WDW. It was my first trip and his nth trip. Since we couldn't afford much at the time and really wanted to stay on porperty, we went with the AllStar Music. At the time,April 2000 a couple weeks prior to Easter, we didn't experience any problems some do at these resorts with large groups of unsupervised kids.

No, none of the values are "romantic" in my opinion....but I definitely preferred to be onsite than offsite.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    value resort is good try all-star movies less kids i heard

flutter is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by devkxl
    value resort is good try all-star movies less kids i heard
    I heard All Star Music had less kids.
    Anyway I agree with Manda I think it was who said none of the value resorts are romantic, I would try for a moderate if you can afford one. Again you can get deals depending on time of year. I have never stayed at any of the moderates, but am planning on trying Port Orleans French Quarter in Dec. I have never stayed off site so don't know any of the hotels around there, I wouldn't want to stay off site myself, just my opinion. If you plan on going to any of the other Orlando attractions while you are there it might not be a horrible thing. I have also never been ot any of the other Orlando parks...I know I'm Disney obsessed. Anyway Congrats and good luck with whatever you do.
    Tracy

My Husband and I spent our honeymoon at WDW as well and I have to tell ya....we spent the money to stay at the Polynesian and as much as I liked this resort and although it was our honeymoon, we spent very little time in the room. The room itself was nothing really that special, the hotel immenities and surroundings were great and being on the monorail loop was nice too, but we've also stayed at All-Star Movies as well for A LOT less money and been just as happy. All you really need is a comfortable bed and a shower!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

P.S. Most rooms at the value resorts are two double beds, but just tell them it is your Honeymoon and that you would like one of the rooms with the king size bed (they are normally reserved for Handicap rooms)

Jacknife is offline A-Ticket holder
    I agree with disneydreamer98... You're going to be spending enough money in the parks, and not much time in your rooms - so any of the All Stars will be fine.

My other recommendation would be to use a small portion of the money that you'd otherwise be spending on one of the more elaborate accommodations for a nice dinner somewhere. There are several great restaurants in the parks, at various resorts, or even in Downtown Disney.

If you're insistent on a non-value resort, just remember that some of the "Deluxe Resorts" have studios available. My favorite is the Boardwalk because it's between EPCOT and MGM, and the laundry rooms are free.

rosworms is offline The Harry Potter fandom's little Disney Freak
    thanks everyone so much! and thanks, jas, for the pics.

*L* think I'll print this off and make an outline for a speech to him.... "Why We Should Stay at a Value Resort".

They are all such good reasons, and thanks for the tip about the one bed room.

If he's still so reluctant about a Value Resort, maybe we could go moderate... that one with the dragon in the pool looks neat. *shrug* But I won't let him spend all our money on a deluxe resort, I'd like to spend at least SOME of our money on the actual wedding *L*.

Xharryb is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I wouldn't want to see all my money being thrown away on a deluxe either, but I think the moderates are a very nice compromise. They at least make me feel like it's worth the price I'm paying to be on property. The values just seem like a cheap hotel at a uncheap Disney price.

My recomendation for a moderate would be Coronado. i found it to be a very nice atmosphere with almost no crowd (at least not when I stayed there). We didn't even bother springing for one of the best rooms, but wound up with an excellent spot not far from the main building, directly across the lake from the pool. The view out our room was quite stunning.
    This space designated as a DRAMA FREE ZONE

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    I would have to say Port Orleans Riverside, because the Birnbaum's book says that it's as romantic as the Deluxe resorts, but less expensive. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

Quote Originally Posted by Xharryb
    They at least make me feel like it's worth the price I'm paying to be on property. The values just seem like a cheap hotel at a uncheap Disney price.
    I completely disagree with this statement. The value resorts are not "cheap hotel"(s) and I actually think that the prices are very good. You cannot even stay at most Holiday Inns, Days Inns, Best Westerns, Etc. for less than you can stay at an All-Star. PLUS you are on the Disney property and the Disney Magic happens at the All-Star's just as much as at any other park property!

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    I would recommend you try to stay at a moderate hotel....The vaules are nice, but they are not romantic at all, and since it is your honeymoon, one would expect to spend some time in the room.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Congratulations, rosworms! I have to second Stitch's recommendation of a moderate hotel. There is quite a difference in atmosphere. My brother honeymooned at Port Orleans: French Quarter in October - that's the one with the 'dragon' in the pool, and they loved it! It was peaceful and the gardens are beautiful, plus the buses were very convenient. You can ask for a king bed there or a water view room if you really want to splurge without breaking the bank. Port Orleans: Riverside is also lovely and has carriage rides available. You can walk between the two Port Orleans resorts, and there is a boat to Downtown Disney.

As much as I love the deluxe resorts now, I didn't really get to appreciate the Grand Floridian on my honeymoon. We didn't spend all that much time enjoying the resort itself, either being at a park or in the room...After 12 trips and 2 kids, I'm not touring commando-style anymore, nor am I spending time alone with my DH. Sigh.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast