Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Construction at Animal Kingdom Lodge in the Vacation Planning forums; Am booked in at the Animal Kingdom Lodge in November and have been informed through travel agent that construction work is going on but all facilities remain operational. Recently though ...
    CheltonJ is offline A-Ticket holder

Construction at Animal Kingdom Lodge

Am booked in at the Animal Kingdom Lodge in November and have been informed through travel agent that construction work is going on but all facilities remain operational.

Recently though I've heard that Disney have been moving people to other resorts because the construction has become to intrusive to guests.

Can anyone say if there is any truth in these rumours and if you think it might be advisable to try and switch to a different resort?

Thanks guys
    Jimmy

tizzo is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by CheltonJ View Post
    Am booked in at the Animal Kingdom Lodge in November and have been informed through travel agent that construction work is going on but all facilities remain operational.

Recently though I've heard that Disney have been moving people to other resorts because the construction has become to intrusive to guests.

Can anyone say if there is any truth in these rumours and if you think it might be advisable to try and switch to a different resort?

Thanks guys
    I had heard it reported on one of the podcasts that guests could be moved on request if the guest felt that the construction was interfering with their stay. I don't know what the source of that information was, nor do I know how occupancy may have affected the policy (it's currently the busy time of year there). Your best bet would probably be to call the resort for a definitive answer. Tell them you still want to stay at the Lodge, but are concerned about construction you've heard was going on, and ask if they would be willing to move you if, upon arrival, you find that you don't want to stay there because of the construction.
    Last edited by tizzo; 08-09-2007 at 01:28 PM.