Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Deciding where to stay in the Moderate Resorts in the Vacation Planning forums; Hello This is my first post to this website and our first time taking my daughter who is 5 to Disney World I got a rate of 59.00 for Value ...
    chatterbox2525 is offline A-Ticket holder

Deciding where to stay in the Moderate Resorts

Hello This is my first post to this website and our first time taking my daughter who is 5 to Disney World I got a rate of 59.00 for Value and 79.00 for a moderate and since we really want to have a Fridge we figured we would be better off going for the moderate level but we are having a hard time figuring out which one to pick My husband likes the Carribean one because of the Beachy feel but I like the port Orleans riveside because of the Boat to DD. Does anyone else have any other suggestions on which one is better out of all the moderate ones or which ones to stay away from. We are going May 14-21 for 7days.
    Thanks
    Traci

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    Traci

Hi! I am going the same dates your are!!!! We are staying at the caribbean beach resort. We always stayed at values before first time going to a moderate. Go for Caribbean beach because it has an awesome pool and beaches to relax on plus you can rent boats from there.

Kellie

RESQ45 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Traci,

I am a long time fan of the All-Star resorts and recently stayed at Coronado Springs (Disney reservations messed up my reservation at All Star Music and let me stay at Coronado for the same price, that's why we all love them!) and it was wonderful. I have only walked around The Carribean beach resort once but it looked real nice also. The only real difference I saw betwen Coronado Springs and the All star resorts were the refridgerators and they also have fans above the beds but other than that, they were pretty much the same. BTW it's funny how I am also going to be down there the same time as you and Kellie, I'm getting Married on the 19th of May.

Princess Jas is offline Princess of Agrabah
    Welcome to DWT, Traci! We have chat nights on this site every Tuesday and Thursday at 9 pm EST. I hope to see you there and around the forums!
    - Jas (Rebecca)

I got engaged at Epcot on June 17, 2007! We're going back to celebrate my graduation in May 2009!

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Welcome Traci & resq45! Congrats on the upcoming wedding, resq45!

Both Carribean Beach and Port Orleans: Riverside are good choices. Port Orleans:French Quarter also has the boat to DD, plus it is the first stop on all the bus routes it shares with Riverside. CB has great beach atmosphere; it is a large resort but the buildings are clustered in ways that make it feel smaller. The food court can get crowded! The Port Orleans resorts have 2 food courts and a full-service restaurant between them (you can walk from one to the other), and carriage rides are available. No matter which one you choose, you'll have a great time!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    I just stayed at the CBR. It was lovely grounds-personally I think the grounds are just as nice as the deluxe Poly. Food court is kind of small for the size of the resort, however, and the rooms are small-not much bigger than the value resorts.

We did love having a fridge, and the restaurant at the CBR, Shutters, was pretty good. I had coconut shrimp, and it was tasty! We like the locale near Epcot, and we could even see the evening Epcot fireworks from a lovely view at the white-sand beaches at CBR! Enjoy whatever you choose.....
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    I absolutely LOVE the Port Orleans resorts - they are small, quiet, quiant chouses with excellent dining options and ecreational activities. The best of the moderates in my opinion (however humble it may be)
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

snuggie is offline E-Ticket Holder
    I would say the CBR. . . .it is a beautiful resort and one day I will make it back here. Great playground for kids, pool area awesome, food court can get busy but the seating area is large.

I vote for CBR

kmzairdetail is offline B-Ticket Holder
    POFQ is great!! Not lavish nor cheap-oesque.
    Thanks Bob!!!!!!! LV Tour 2005

towerofterror is offline A-Ticket holder
    CBR... from our room, we could stand on the balcony and see a perfect view of the Epcot fireworks every night.

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    thanks for all the hints