Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss check in / perks in the Vacation Planning forums; We are staying off site for most of the holiday but have 1 night in the Contemporary tower as a treat for the kids (and us). So what i'm interested ...
    DisneyDreamer13 is offline A good friend gets you out of jail, a great friend wakes up next to you!
    6,976km from Cinderella Castle / 408km from Sleeping Beauty Castle

check in / perks

We are staying off site for most of the holiday but have 1 night in the Contemporary tower as a treat for the kids (and us). So what i'm interested in is, when can i take advantage of the perks like extra magic hours and free parking? On our check in day, could we drive to the Contemporary for about 8am and park there for free, and leave the car there until late on the check out day?
    If there were extra magic hours check-in morning, would we be able to take advantage of them even though we wouldnt have our room that early? What i dont want to happen (for example)is the day we check in we cant use extra magic hours because its in the morning, and the next day (check-out day) we cant use them if its in the evening because we've already checked out.
    Any tips about ways to get the best out of a 1 night stay on property would be very welcome, thanks
    x FIONA x
    1989 WDW Offsite1990 WDWOffsite1991Offsite/Contemporary1992 EuroDisney Offsite(schooltrip)
    1992 WDW Offsite/GrandFloridian2001 DLP Davy CrocketRanch2008 Offsite villa/Contempoary
    2009DLP Hotel Santa Fe 2010Clearwater/get married/POR
    Sisterhood of the travelling pirate in the pants

CleveRocks is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Your privileges/perks as an onsite WDW guest go from 6:00 a.m. on your check-in day to 1:59 p.m. on your check-out day.

In other words, on your check-in day, you can check-in as early as 6:00 a.m. and enjoy your onsite status ... you can go to a morning EMH park, but you just have to check-in first to get your resort ID. You can check-in and get your resort ID even if your room isn't ready yet.

On your check-out day, you are still considered a Disney guest until the very end of the day, even though check-out time is 11:00 a.m. They can store your luggage for you after check-out, and you can also attend the evening EMH park that night (if there is one).
    -- Eric

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Cleverocks, is that a typo? 1:59 or did you mean 11:59 p.m.?
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Wouldn't it depend on how late the park is open? Because if it is EMH and the park closes at 11 then it would be 2 when they close?

tiggerguy is online now WDWRadio.com Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydame2004 View Post
    I believe it is Pat, later near the end of the message he says they can attend the late night EMH if there is one
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by disneydame2004 View Post
    Sorry ... total typo. 11:59 p.m.
    -- Eric

Quote Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs View Post
    Wouldn't it depend on how late the park is open? Because if it is EMH and the park closes at 11 then it would be 2 when they close?
    Yeh, but if public closing time is 11 p.m., then wristbands are available beginning at 9 p.m., so you could get one. It's a continuation of the same day, anyway.
    -- Eric