Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss fort wilderness in the Vacation Planning forums; Great place to stay, best resort hands down. I like the Hoop Dee Doo Review. Done it many times & still enjoy it....
    bowlingman7 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Great place to stay, best resort hands down. I like the Hoop Dee Doo Review. Done it many times & still enjoy it.
    If we can dream it, we can do it!

brad9008 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    ok.

MMills3874 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I've never stayed at Ft. Wilderness but am planning to stay in one of the cabins this coming August

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...
    We stayed there for one night this December and really liked it. It was a very different feel from any other WDW resort, it truly is like being in the wilderness. It was definitely nice and a fun experience but if we ever do it again we will probably split it with another resort halfway through our stay again just so we can have WDW resort feel that we're used to. Everything was very pretty, especially during the holiday season. We stayed in a cabin and absolutely loved it. They were very cute and just the right size. It was fun to be able to take a boat to the MK since you don't have that option at the values or the moderates. Very, very pretty to see the MK, Contemporary, and WL all lit up at night on the boat ride. I would definitely recommend this resort to anyone who is looking for a unique or different kind of place to stay while at WDW. Great place all around.
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

yeah its a nice place and it does look like you are in the wilderness

pink_minnie is offline Fastpass Holder
    The only resort I have stayed at is Fort Wilderness and it's absolutely wonderful. We typically get a cabin when we go and let me tell you, they are really nice! The living room area has a queen(?) size bed that pulls down from the wall while the kitchen is ready for you to play Chef Mickey yourself. We loved how the refrigerator was full-sized so that we could easily place products we purchased at the Chuck Wagon in it. The bedroom is absolutely adorable; there is a full size bed and bunk beds so you can easily fit 3-4 people. The only downside I can honestly think of was that the bathroom was a little on the small side, but I guess anything seems small when you have 5 adults trying to cram into one space. The golf carts are a must to get around, especially if you are traveling outside of Florida and have no rental car. The last time we went (last March) they had a different Disney movie showing each night at the resort, not to mention you have the Hoop Dee Doo Revue, Mickey's Backyard BBQ, and a Campfire Sing-a-long with Chip and Dale to keep your family entertained. OVerall, I highly recommend Fort Wilderness!
    "When you believe a thing, believe it all the way, implicitly and unquestionably."
    - Walt Disney

MERRY CHRISTMAS

yeah i like the golf carts alot

pink_minnie is offline Fastpass Holder
    They are so handy; just be sure to double check when the office is open. The hours may conflict depending when if you are checking in later in the evening.
    "When you believe a thing, believe it all the way, implicitly and unquestionably."
    - Walt Disney

MERRY CHRISTMAS

yeah they are

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.
    Quote Originally Posted by pink_minnie View Post
    The only resort I have stayed at is Fort Wilderness and it's absolutely wonderful. We typically get a cabin when we go and let me tell you, they are really nice! The living room area has a queen(?) size bed that pulls down from the wall while the kitchen is ready for you to play Chef Mickey yourself. We loved how the refrigerator was full-sized so that we could easily place products we purchased at the Chuck Wagon in it. The bedroom is absolutely adorable; there is a full size bed and bunk beds so you can easily fit 3-4 people. The only downside I can honestly think of was that the bathroom was a little on the small side, but I guess anything seems small when you have 5 adults trying to cram into one space. The golf carts are a must to get around, especially if you are traveling outside of Florida and have no rental car. The last time we went (last March) they had a different Disney movie showing each night at the resort, not to mention you have the Hoop Dee Doo Revue, Mickey's Backyard BBQ, and a Campfire Sing-a-long with Chip and Dale to keep your family entertained. OVerall, I highly recommend Fort Wilderness!
    Is there somewhere I can get rates for the cabins?
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post
    Is there somewhere I can get rates for the cabins?
    i think you can get rates off the disney world website

disneyimagineer is offline You may notice that I'm not all here myself
    Never stayed there
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible."-Walt Disney
    TTFN, Ta Ta For Now!
    Can you stand on your head?

its a nice place to stay at

i wanted to go here but did not have time to

really cool hotel like the pools