Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Gym fees @moderate reos in the Vacation Planning forums; I have reservations for Caribbean Beach Resort Jan 7 thru 11 . I know there is a gym @ Coronado...The Guest Relations rep when I booked said that I can ...
    Tmntrans is offline Fastpass Holder

Gym fees @moderate reos

I have reservations for Caribbean Beach Resort Jan 7 thru 11 . I know there is a gym @ Coronado...The Guest Relations rep when I booked said that I can pay to use the facilities being that Caribbean doesn't have one. Has anyone did this before?? She thought it was a 10.00 charge per use. Also does anyone know which gym has best epuipment or any classes available or where to get information?? Do I have to stay with a moderate resort or since I'm paying can I go to where I want??

it is 12.50 per use or 31.00 for the length of the stay and anyone can work out there if paying gym fees as long as staying on grounds.

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    So does that mean you can use any gym on property??
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

BigDan275 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I stayed at coronado and they have a great facility, several cardio machines and enough weights to keep you solid while away from your home gym, smith machine, cable machine, free weights to 50lbs, leg extension and curl machine. It was enough to keep my strength and size up over my trip. The didn't charge me a fee, just sign your name and put someone elses room lol.
    Disneyland Trips :14
    89 (Disneyland Hotel)
    91 (Fairfield in by Marriot)
    95 (Disneyland Hotel Suite overlooking Splash Mountain)
    96 (Hyatt Anaheim)
    98 (Anaheim Marriot)
    99 (Anaheim Marriot)
    00 (new years) (Anaheim Marriot)
    00 (Anaheim Marriot)
    01 (Anaheim Hyatt, Suite)
    02 (Anaheim Hilton)
    03 (Anaheim Hilton)
    04 (Anaheim Hilton/ Huntington Beach Hyatt)
    05 (Anaheim Hilton)
    06 (Anaheim Hilton)

Disneyworld
    04 (Hyatt Grand Cypress) <nice hotel!>
    Spring 07 (Off property, Lake Suites a.k.a. Roadkill Motel) Absolutely wonderful trip!!
    Fall 07 Oct 24th-31st Coronado Springs......amazing! I miss it!!

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    From what I've been able to find, it looks like a Disney Resort Guest can use any fitness center at any other resort, space permitting. If they are staying at that resort, there is no charge, but if they are staying at a different resort, it is a $12 charge. So even if you are staying at the moderate or value resorts, you can go over to a deluxe resort to use their fitness center.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

crazytp93 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Hey Disneydame2004, Hello Neighbor! On Li Too!

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    to DWT, crazytp93! There are quite a few 'Islanders' on this board.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

crazytp93 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydame2004 View Post
    to DWT, crazytp93! There are quite a few 'Islanders' on this board.
    Awesome and thanks for the welcome!

At SS you have to give them your room key to work out.

ta2edgoofy is offline A-Ticket holder
    wait, there are conflicting things in this thread....... im assuming you will have to pay for the fitness centers, but are they only in deluxe resorts? can anyone cite some actual facts please??

Quote Originally Posted by ta2edgoofy View Post
    wait, there are conflicting things in this thread....... im assuming you will have to pay for the fitness centers, but are they only in deluxe resorts? can anyone cite some actual facts please??
    I started the thread and went down there twice and stayed @ a moderate and then a Deluxe. If your staying on property and not at a resort that offers a gym like a value or a moderate, You can pay a nominal fee to work out at any Deluxe resort that has one. Pay for the whole stay its cheaper. If your staying at a deluxe you can work out at any other gym free with your room card. If your a DVC member you can work out at any gym free also. But you must provide your room card to be able to do so. This is the information I got from Wilderness Lodge on the first trip in January and Saratoga Springs on the second in May.
    If I was paying I'd go to Saratoga. Its very nice and they give you headsets to listen at different stuf while you work out.

Quote Originally Posted by Tmntrans View Post
    I started the thread and went down there twice and stayed @ a moderate and then a Deluxe. If your staying on property and not at a resort that offers a gym like a value or a moderate, You can pay a nominal fee to work out at any Deluxe resort that has one. Pay for the whole stay its cheaper. If your staying at a deluxe you can work out at any other gym free with your room card. If your a DVC member you can work out at any gym free also. But you must provide your room card to be able to do so. This is the information I got from Wilderness Lodge on the first trip in January and Saratoga Springs on the second in May.
    If I was paying I'd go to Saratoga. Its very nice and they give you headsets to listen at different stuf while you work out.

DisneyDame mentioned it was $12.00 a day but what would it be for say a week, is it cheaper each additional day you go or is there a minimum?

Quote Originally Posted by GIOny View Post
    DisneyDame mentioned it was $12.00 a day but what would it be for say a week, is it cheaper each additional day you go or is there a minimum?
    I seem to remember that it was 31.00 for the whole stay. This was at Wilderness Lodge.

Quote Originally Posted by Tmntrans View Post
    I seem to remember that it was 31.00 for the whole stay. This was at Wilderness Lodge.

Thanks