Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Shades of Green in the Vacation Planning forums; Dec 4-11, 2007 My daughter joined the Army reserves so ofcourse we had to stay at SOG atleast once. The original plan was to stay the 6-11th, 3 weeks out ...
    flutter is offline Moderator

Shades of Green

Dec 4-11, 2007
    My daughter joined the Army reserves so ofcourse we had to stay at SOG atleast once. The original plan was to stay the 6-11th, 3 weeks out I added 2 nights,but was unable to modify the reservation on line so I made a new reservation for the 4-6th. This was not a problem except that the first room they gave us, having told us we could stay there for the whole trip, ended up being part of a large group coming in so we changed rooms before getting settled in, and got a room in the same part of the resort. We ended up on the 2nd floor of what I am old is the new part of the resort, close to the parking garage which was good.
    The resort is absolutely beautiful, the rooms are good size, the bathroom is big, has 2 sinks and vanity area then a seperate room with the toilet and the shower. The shower was a little hard to turn on, you had to pull out and turn, took us a few minutes to figure it out. There was a coffee maker in the bathroom, and the coffee was actually good. There was also a refridgerator in the room, as well as hairdryer, iron, ironing board, safe in the closet.
    We had a great view of a lake/pond whatever you want to call it .....it had alligators in it, just small ones they were cool to watch.
    Our room had a doorbell, and inside there were buttons to push for do not disturb and one for housekeeping service, the doorbell won't ring if the do not distrub button is push. There isa little light outside the room, red for do not disturb and green for housekeeping. The other thing I really liked was that they had golfcart service to the end of the driveway, then a short walk to the Poly for monorail service. We rented a car so I only used the bus service from the TTC a couple of times and both times there was a bus there waiting when we arrived. My daughter used to to the TTC one and also had no wait. The bus goes to the TTC every 20 minutes starting at 0830, to MGM/DTD every 30 minutes, and AK/Blizzard Beach every hour.
    the only complaints I have besides the whole shower thing was that the slider door was also hard to open, kinda heavy....oh I forgot to mention we had a balconey, all he rooms do. And that it was a litte noisey, you could hear what was gong on in the hall very easily.
    We did not eat at Manginos or the express cafe so I don't know how tese were, but we did eat at the Evergreens Sports Bar, we had appetizers , onion rings, french fries, chicken strips, quesadilla, they were all very good. I had coffe every moring atthe Java Cafe which serves Starbuck coffee, muffins, cinnamon rolls etc.....also very good. And one morning we ate at the Garden Grill for the buffet breakfast, this was just ok, nothing special, just basic buffet items, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, homefries, pancakes,make you own belgian waffles, fruit, grits, cold cereal,bisquit and gravy, scones...not much else and the drinks were not included in the buffet price, which I believe was $9.50 or so.
    The resort has 2 pools and a hot tub, but we didn't go in them, there is also a tennis court we didn't use. The bar has a pooltable and there is an arcade, also a playground, and a fitness facility. Andthere is anice cream shop, we didn't visit that either. And ofcourse the resort is surrounded by 2 golfcourse.
    There is a 5 story parking garage that yo have to pay $5 a day to park or $10 a day for valet parking. There is a Hertz rental car desk in the lobby. There is also a desk to buy attraction tickets etc. and 2 shops, 1 that has SOG stuff and oter little things and then the AAFES, which is tax free and has some Diney stuff and some military stuff plus beer, wine and other alcohol, snacks, other essentials....medicine and stuff, books etc....basic gift shop stuff.
    All in all we really enjoyed the resort, but since we went during Mousefest we really didn't spend alot of time there, I wuld love to go again when we can spend more time hanging out at the resort it reall is very nice

nicki12 is offline Disney Fan and Twilighter
    I told you that place is great! Of course it is not like a Deluxe Resort but for being a Moderate Resort the place is wonderful, I am glad you liked the resort and had a good time.

Nicole a.k.a. nicki12 ~ a Navy daughter
    Huge fan of the Twilight Series!
    "All your dreams can come true, if you have the courage to pursue them" - Walt Disney

brad9008 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    it looks like a good place to go

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    Was it very Disney themed? We talked a bit about staying there last year because most of my family works for the DoD, but we ended up at the French Quarter instead.
    Dreams Really Do Come True

Tracy I'm glad it worked out good for you! Will you be sharing more photo's of the property and room and such?

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderella2 View Post
    Was it very Disney themed? We talked a bit about staying there last year because most of my family works for the DoD, but we ended up at the French Quarter instead.
    There was some Disney stuff but not alot, there was a big Mickey in the lobby

Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98 View Post
    Tracy I'm glad it worked out good for you! Will you be sharing more photo's of the property and room and such?
    There are a few more photos in my gallery and I may do a trip report

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    That is one cute Mickey!
    Dreams Really Do Come True

a few more Shades pictures

[IMG]http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/forums/photos/data/500/medium/IMGP1514.JPG[/IMG

[IMG]http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/forums/photos/data/500/medium/IMGP1505.JPG[/IMG)

nicki12 is offline Disney Fan and Twilighter
    it is very beautiful there i really want to see it during christmas time

Nicole a.k.a. nicki12 ~ a Navy daughter
    Huge fan of the Twilight Series!
    "All your dreams can come true, if you have the courage to pursue them" - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by flutter View Post
    There was some Disney stuff but not alot, there was a big Mickey in the lobby
    That was GREAT choice for them to put that Mickey! He looks so at home there!

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderella2 View Post
    That is one cute Mickey!
    We have 2 of them right here in Detroit. We have the Red Wings one at Joe Louis Arena and we have the Detroit Tigers one at Comerica Park!

brad9008 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    its a pretty hotel