Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: What building did you stay in at the Pop Century Resort?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Pop Century Resort in the Vacation Planning forums; your welcome...
    brad9008 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    your welcome

Love That Duck is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Standard room in the 1950's building facing pool area ("Tramp" icon). I would like to try 1950's building with a view of Hourglass Lake.

I didn't find it to be a long walk to refill mug, gift shop, bus, etc. I have requested standard room in 1950's building again for my Dec. trip.
    ~Jerry & Nancy~

Sept. 3 - Sunrise WEDDING Vow Renewal then Drive to WDW
    Sept. 4-16, 2011 - WDW HONEYMOON:
    Sept 4-9 - Pop Century
    Sept. 10-16 - Caribbean Beach

Miss Neverland is offline A-Ticket holder
    Staying at the Pop Century resort next year it's all booked going to be my first time staying there. If you book a preferred room are you more likely to get a room in the 60's and 70's blocks than anywhere else and a room facing a pool? We have just booked a standard room so it will be a surprise when we get there.

StephlovesWDW is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Buffalo, New York- too far and too cold to be remotely considered anywhere near central Florida :(
    I think I'm going to stay @ the Pop Century on my next WDW trip because it looks like a cute and cheap resort. I'm probably choosing the 80's theme because it is my favorite decade.
    Just a question if anyone can answer it: If you stay @ a particular decade, could you use the amenities of another? For example- if you stay @ the 50's building, could you swim @ the 60's pool? Just really curious because I like different aspects of all the Pop Century selections.

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    absolutely. Anyone staying at any of the Disney resorts is allowed to use all the pools at *that* resort. The only restriction is on using pools at *other* resorts.

There are three pools at Pop Century. Near the 80's and 90's is the Computer pool. Near the 60's is the Hippy Dippy Pool. And near the 50's is the Bowling Pin pool.

Keep in mind that you can *request* a specific building or section, but you are not guaranteed to get it. All room requests are just that - requests, not guarantees. Have them mark it down when you first make the reservation, mention it again as soon as you give them your name when you check-in, and hope for the best.

Good luck!

StephlovesWDW is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Buffalo, New York- too far and too cold to be remotely considered anywhere near central Florida :(
    Okay thanks Mritty!

Andrewgator is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I've stayed in the 90's and 60's. The walk to the parking lot from the 60's is terrible no matter what lot you use. The 90's was great we parked right next to the building. I've also noticed how busy Pop has been lately. The last time I checked in(Mid August) it was 100% full and it was BUSY! It has also been dificult to book a room. I had to keep trying every hour or so online to get it.

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    I crossed the "Generation Gap" bridge one night and squatted in the 1910's bldg. It was really weird.

KrisL418 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    we stayed in the 70s and then the 60s. the 70s was really close to everything, i would stay there again. the 60s was wayyyyyy too loud (we were on the second floor overlooking the kiddie pool behind the hippy dippy pool). the pool is supposed to close at midnight but i guess nobody enforces that. we actually had to call the main desk one night because it was 2 in the morning and there were still people yellling outside. basically, dont stay near pools!
    ~Pop Century~Sept '06~
    ~Boardwalk~Aug '07~
    ~Pop Century~Aug '08~

<3 Stitch!

College Program Wanna Be 2011

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    We had a noise problem at AllStar sports. Our room was on the "football field" and kids were playing there almost the whole night. Loud yelling etc. Security would sometimes stop them but they or others would be back a few minutes later.

Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder
    We've stayed in the 50's and 70's sections.Our first time to stay at POP,we stayed in the 50's.That year,we planned ahed to go to Mickey's not so scary halloween party,which we did.Myself,my wife,and my two girls dressed up as from the 50's.My girls wore these one piece dresses that looked just like the 50's.I wore jeans,a bowling shirt,penny loafers/with the pennies,and my wife wore a skirt,top and neck scarf.When we walked through the resort going to catch the bus,people were looking at us,as if,wondering,who are they?Could they be someone from "Happy Days?" Are they celebrities?No,just good-ole Park Hopper Dad's family.ha ha. But I thought that was cool to be staying in the section that we dressed up as for the halloween party.
    We also stayed in the 70's on our second time at POP.I was in Jr.High and High school in the 70's and of course I LOVE the music!I loved the 8-track tapes standing at the ends of the buildings,especially with that little bit of tape sticking out at the top.(I know yall remember that).But to hear the music piped in as we walked through was cool.I heard so many of the oldies and goodies from the 70's.Bee Gees baby!Barry White,Van McCoy,etc.Ah ha ha ha Stayin Alive,Stayin Alive..............
    The walks from each section is highly exaggerated.It is a pleasant walk from any point.We faced the Epcot side in the 50's and watched the fireworks from Illuminations.We faced hourglass lake in the 70's and that was a pleasant view and very quiet,actually,both rooms were quiet.4th floor always.Going back ASAP!!!!
    Park Hopper Dad!

AuroraDreamer is offline A-Ticket holder
    I stayed in the 80's buildings in `06. It was fun, I liked the giant turpentine can and Roger Rabbit. I think I would have preferred the 50's buildings because my favorite Disney movie was made in that period .

Andrewgator is offline D-Ticket Holder
    My favorite room has been in the 80's. Parking was always available and not a mile long trek like the 60's buildings. Plus from our room we could see Tower of Terror sticking out of the landscape. What a great view and nice quiet room. If I could I would always stay in that room.

Mrs Potts is offline D-Ticket Holder
    2005 was first visit to this resort. Stayed in the '60s building - somewhat noisy from the pool, but didn't really mind as we were at parks all day. Hoping for '50s or '70s this year, but will be happy anywhere on the property. This is a fabulous resort for people watching budget.
    Disney Dreamin'

NorweJenNY is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Pop Century Resort

We stayed in the 80's building... basically spent most of my childhood in the 80's (same for hubby, db & dsil) ... and we could see Roger Rabbit's rear end when we went to the elevators... how's that for a perk!

It wasn't particularly close to the food court and buses, but we paid less for the rooms and got a chance to explore a good part of the resort as we chose different routes to get to the buses & munchies each day.
    Jenny

April 1996 - Off Property
    December 2001-January 2002 - Honeymoon - CBR
    April 2003 - Off Property
    July 2004 - OKW
    July 2006 - Off Property
    August 2007 - POP
    May 2008 - OKW
    June 2008 - SSR
    July 2009 - POR & WL
    September/October 2009 - ASMo

Next Trip - December 2009 - POFQ & VWL