Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: What building did you stay in at the Pop Century Resort?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Pop Century Resort in the Vacation Planning forums; We stayed in the 50's on our first stay at POP.We loved it! Our room faced the courtyard area facing the legendary years,partially built building.It was quiet at night and ...
    Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Pop Century Resort

We stayed in the 50's on our first stay at POP.We loved it! Our room faced the courtyard area facing the legendary years,partially built building.It was quiet at night and quite convienient.Just a short walk to the food court and such.I was born in '59 so I love a lot of what I have heard how the 50's were.The music and such.I love how each decade of buildings have music from that decade playing in the walking areas in each section.
    Our next stay at POP we stayed in the 70's section facing hourglass lake.Great place and quiet! Again,the walk was quite short to the main bldg.I was in high school in the 70's graduated in '77 and the music piped in,in those speakers is great! I love the disco that they play in the 70's section.Bee Gees baby!
    Park Hopper Dad!

Quote Originally Posted by Sorria View Post
    The one time we went we stayed in the 90s.....which was probably the one building I didn't want. I found the giant green cell phones real annoying. I was hoping for something a little more retro.
    I see you still don't have anything good to say about value resorts.That's so sad.Why didn't you ask to be put in the section that would have made you a little happier?We always ask for a different section,if they have us set up in one that we don't prefer,and we have always gotten our request.Maybe you should just avoid the values altogether.You seem to be an unhappy camper when it comes to the values.Have a nice day.
    Park Hopper Dad!

Stitch's buddy is offline Hakuna Matata

I stayed in the 50's it was nice sort of short distance to food court

I FINISHED my first ever race, ToT 13Kand running it again in '09

** Please, Please excuse my grammatical and spelling errors. Correct me if I'm wrong.**

monica31671 is offline A-Ticket holder

We were in the 60s building close to the elevators behind the big Play-Doh. Our room was opposite the Hippy Dippy pool (facing the 50s bowling pins).

We loved the location since it was close to Classic Hall and away from pool noise.

Buzz2001 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

this trip will be our first time.. is there a site that has a map of this place?
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy&Tayen View Post
    this trip will be our first time.. is there a site that has a map of this place?
    Hey yall,again.I don't know right off hand of a site that has a map,other than the official disney site.But we stayed at POP twice,and I'd like to reccommend the two sections that we stayed in;I think yall will like them.The first time we stayed in the 50's section.I loved it,since I was born in '59 and i know tons of stuff about the 50's.I also love the music too.Each section of bldgs has their own music from that particular decade so a wide variety.
    The next time we stayed in the 70's section.Disco baby! We faced the hourglass lake and it was very quiet in the evenings.When we stayed in the 50's section,we stayed on the backside that faces a courtyard,and at night,we could look acroos the tops of the trees and see the fireworks from Magic Kingdom,and Illuminations fireworks from Epcot.It was cool.
    I do not reccommend staying in the 80's /90's section.Not only are those two sections the fartherest away from the main bldg,but the decor of the 80's and 90's sections are so BLAH! A big square pool called the computer pool.Whooptee-Doo!
    So there you have it,ladies and gentlemen,the lowdown,or should I say,the ins and outs,of where to stay and not to stay at POP!
    Thank you,thank you very much!Uh,Huh!
    Park Hopper Dad!

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

When we went for for MNSSHP we were in the 90's section. It wasn't my first choice but we couldn't be picky. Besides it was our first time on property and we would have been excited if they made us stay in the gardeners shack!
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

im starting too wonder if i should just shoot for the preferd room or not?
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy&Tayen View Post
    im starting too wonder if i should just shoot for the preferd room or not?
    I wouldn't.You just pay more for it and every room is great,even those facing the backside.Anyway,when we were at our romms we would always walk right around the breezeway and stand on the side facing the activites.But our room was in a more quieter side.Don't pay more for the preferred room,just request one when you check in,but ask up front,if one is available,will there be any extra charges,and if they say yes,I'd pass on it.
    Park Hopper Dad!

Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post
    When we went for for MNSSHP we were in the 90's section. It wasn't my first choice but we couldn't be picky. Besides it was our first time on property and we would have been excited if they made us stay in the gardeners shack!
    I know what you mean about being your first time staying on property.Our first time was at the Allstar Sports resorand it was one of those,we don't have a choice,because all others were booked solid.But after that first year,each time I called and made reservations,I asked for a certain section,and when I checked in at the front desk,I asked them where our room was before I finalized the check-in.If it wasn't where I requested,I ask for it and they check availability,and there is usually a room available for us.So always ask if you are not happy with their choice,because they really do want to make the guests happy.
    Park Hopper Dad!

emabee is offline Not too much longer til I'm in the World again!!!

We've stayed twice at Pop and will never stay anywhere else. We LOVE Pop Century. We stayed in the 60's building before and last time we were in the 70's. Both rooms faced the lake and were really, really quiet. I would highly recommend Pop to ANY ONE!!!!
    http://pinefrog.com/DWT/vana.htm

Disney things I love:

The Capt'n:
    Pirates:
    Magic Kingdom:
    All things Alice:

when i do my 10 day check in i will drop a hint i dont want in the 80's or 90's building..lol
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Quote Originally Posted by Park Hopper Dad View Post
    I know what you mean about being your first time staying on property.Our first time was at the Allstar Sports resorand it was one of those,we don't have a choice,because all others were booked solid.But after that first year,each time I called and made reservations,I asked for a certain section,and when I checked in at the front desk,I asked them where our room was before I finalized the check-in.If it wasn't where I requested,I ask for it and they check availability,and there is usually a room available for us.So always ask if you are not happy with their choice,because they really do want to make the guests happy.
    I used Mouse Fan Travel (Coleen has a customer for life!) and she tried to get us into the section we wanted but she told us the chances were slim. I was happy with anything as long as it was Pop! Like I said it was our first time on property and we made a BIG deal out of it at Check In hoping for an upgrade. We took pics of us checking in and even told the front desk CM it was our very first on property stay. She smiled and said welcome but didn't offer a complimentary upgrade. But getting a room on property, attending MNSSHP, eating at almost every Character Meal we wanted and hearing "Welcome Home" at the front gate was more then sufficient for us!
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

LinkBacks (?)