Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Caribbean Beach Resort in the Vacation Planning forums; Going Jan 7 thri Jan 11. I have a standard room reservation. Will I be able to request a certain building?? Which one is best?? The rooms are already paid ...
    Tmntrans is offline Fastpass Holder

Caribbean Beach Resort

Going Jan 7 thri Jan 11. I have a standard room reservation. Will I be able to request a certain building?? Which one is best?? The rooms are already paid for in full, does this make a difference when I get there and the room is already assigned??

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    I don't know if you will be able to request a certain building but if at all possible don't stay in I think the Trinadad building or whatever the last building is. Its way to far to walk to the main lobby and the last bus stop so most of the busses are full by the time they get down there. Sorry I can't help with anything else, I was younger so i don't remember that much about it.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

nicki12 is offline Disney Fan and Twilighter
    I have never been there but I really want to! I hope you have a great trip!

Nicole a.k.a. nicki12 ~ a Navy daughter
    Huge fan of the Twilight Series!
    "All your dreams can come true, if you have the courage to pursue them" - Walt Disney

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...
    We stayed there in Sept of '06. The resort was fun and had a great atmosphere. We stayed in Barbados, which was okay, but if we went again I would prefer something else. I wouldn't say it was a "bad" location, there were just others that seemed more appealing. The resort is very big and very pretty. If you have time I suggest just taking a walk around, there a little trails that lead you down tropical paths and are just beautiful. Have fun!!
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmntrans View Post
    Going Jan 7 thri Jan 11. I have a standard room reservation. Will I be able to request a certain building?? Which one is best?? The rooms are already paid for in full, does this make a difference when I get there and the room is already assigned??
    Call the Disney reservation line to have the requested noted on your reservation. Then two or three days before your trip begins, call the resort itself and have the request noted again. There are no guarantees, but those are your best chances to get what you want.

Obviously, if you've already paid for a standard room, they're not going to honor a request for a preferred room/building.

biskit11 is offline 1000th Happy Haunt
    I have stayed there many times and have only payed for the "preferred location" on our last trip. You can call them and request a certain section, but of course they can not guarantee anything. When you are checking in make sure you are extra nice and ask them again for the particular location. You will probably still have a standard room, just in a preferred location. We always request "Martinique". There are two bus routes, one starts in Jamaica and one at Martinique. So chances are you will be the first on or off the bus. If they start at Jamaica you are in the middle of the route. Also Maritnique is right next to "Old Port Royale" which is where the food court, store, main pool, bar etc. is located. If you have your purchases from the parks sent back to the hotel, you need to pick them up from the store and it is a much shorter walk carrying those packages than from some of the other sections. Trinidad North is located on the other side of Old Port Royale so you could request that section to. I have stayed in Trinidad South and I think it is the furthest from the center. I think Jamaica is kinda of far also. Tthe bus stop is very far from the buildings also. I have never stayed in any of the others areas, but I like Martinique the best. Hope this helps! Enjoy your trip!!

Tmntrans is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by biskit11 View Post
    I have stayed there many times and have only payed for the "preferred location" on our last trip. You can call them and request a certain section, but of course they can not guarantee anything. When you are checking in make sure you are extra nice and ask them again for the particular location. You will probably still have a standard room, just in a preferred location. We always request "Martinique". There are two bus routes, one starts in Jamaica and one at Martinique. So chances are you will be the first on or off the bus. If they start at Jamaica you are in the middle of the route. Also Maritnique is right next to "Old Port Royale" which is where the food court, store, main pool, bar etc. is located. If you have your purchases from the parks sent back to the hotel, you need to pick them up from the store and it is a much shorter walk carrying those packages than from some of the other sections. Trinidad North is located on the other side of Old Port Royale so you could request that section to. I have stayed in Trinidad South and I think it is the furthest from the center. I think Jamaica is kinda of far also. Tthe bus stop is very far from the buildings also. I have never stayed in any of the others areas, but I like Martinique the best. Hope this helps! Enjoy your trip!!
    Thanks!!! Thats what I was looking for..Martinique it is!!!