Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Saratoga Springs? in the Vacation Planning forums; Me and my family ussually stay at the boardwalk or beach club, on the villas side. We are going to WDW in January 2008 and we are staying at saratoga. ...
    wdw-fan is offline A-Ticket holder

Saratoga Springs?

Me and my family ussually stay at the boardwalk or beach club, on the villas side. We are going to WDW in January 2008 and we are staying at saratoga. what im wondering is if we will like saratoga. so could u tell me what u think of it .

jacketsfan683 is offline Fastpass Holder
    We have stayed there 2 times and we enjoy it. The pool is great and we love to be close to DTD. The only thing we really miss is being walking distance from EPCOT cuz we also have stayed at Beach Club Villas(that is our home resort).
    Eric

I've stayed there twice and it's my home resort. I love it there. If you stay in Congress Park it's only a short walk to DTD.

Have fun!

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

Thanks Guys!

athenna is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Boston,SSR, AKLV, Will's ship, Balian's castle
    SSR is my home resort too, and I love it!!! Feel free to ask any more specific questions.

I got engaged @ WDW 1/24/10

coasterfreak516 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Turf Club is an awesome laid back table service location and the artists Pointe ain't bad either

It's Artist Palette...(Artist Point is at WL, easy to get the name confused)...I like Artist Palette, too...I like that it is different from the normal CS burgers, hot dogs, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by athenna View Post
    It's Artist Palette...(Artist Point is at WL, easy to get the name confused)...I like Artist Palette, too...I like that it is different from the normal CS burgers, hot dogs, etc.
    Yeah the barbeque chicken flatbread pizzas are good. Another way it is easy to forget is because it is also used on the Cruise Line as one of the more famous sit down restaurants.

Oh! I wasn't aware of the cruise line restaurant name, as I haven't cruised yet......Yes, their flatbreads are excellent, their salads, etc....And they have daily specials every day! I like that they are a tad more upscale than regular CS places, but not hoity-toity

Yeah I only know from the Cruise Line Travel Channel shows...

Quote Originally Posted by athenna View Post
    SSR is my home resort too, and I love it!!! Feel free to ask any more specific questions.
    Thanks! I do just have a couple more questions,what are the rooms like, are they nice and clean? Ive read on a couple places that the rooms were dirty. and just one more question is it a long bus ride to the parks?

Any room I have ever had there has been nice and clean, so I can only speak from my own experience.
    It can be a long bus ride to the parks, seems to me it takes at least 20-25 minutes to get to the AK, for example....If you have a car it would save you some time....I never rent a car, I am on vacation, I want Disney to drive me around...LOL.

liljam is offline B-Ticket Holder
    SS is my home too, but I haven't stayed there yet - first time will be this May. I've read so many mixed reviews on the resort, but I really think it's beautiful! I loved the tour we did with DVC, and I've read several tips about the place that help make it better since it is so large. I've also heard mixed reviews on mousekeeping, but the same is true for all DVC resorts so I'm not sure that it's as bad as it's made out to be. I mean, I've heard complaints because mousekeeping forgot to leave the towel origami on the towel service day - puhleeeeze!!

Some things I've read that may help you on your trip though:
    Put in a request for Congress Park if you want a DD view and a quick walk to DD (about 10 minutes)
    If you want to be near the main area - pool and food court - request Springs area.
    I've heard that AP gets very busy in the mornings so make a trip early for breakfast, or keep breakfast items available in your room.
    I have read that there is an internal bus system to get you to different areas of the resort if you are far away - maybe someone can confirm this. If not, many suggest hopping on a bus that's going to a park and hopping off at the section you want to be at.
    I have read about the "long" rides to the parks, but it can't be much worse than POFQ which is where we stayed last year. The bus ride can be relaxing and fun if you don't worry about the time - at least IMO.
    Plus, if you have time, stop by the DVC tour area and see if you can sneak a peak at a possible CRV model or the Hawaii model - lol!

No matter what, just remember you're in WDW and make the best of it! Also, I'd love to hear your opinions after you return. Like I said - I've never stayed there yet, but have read as much about it (good and bad) nas I possibly can!
    Last edited by liljam; 01-09-2008 at 09:04 AM. Reason: because I can't spell this early in the morning lol!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    - Leslee

Saratoga Springs is my home away from home! Proud DVC Member 5-10-07

jacketsfan683 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by wdw-fan View Post
    Thanks! I do just have a couple more questions,what are the rooms like, are they nice and clean? Ive read on a couple places that the rooms were dirty. and just one more question is it a long bus ride to the parks?

Since it is a newer resort the rooms have always been clean when I stayed there. The bus ride is not bad at all and usually not crowded like other buses.
    Eric

Tmntrans is offline Fastpass Holder
    WE just got back May3 thru May8. AWESOME stay. NO bus problems. AWESOME place quiet, clean, Artist pallete great for Breakfast. We stayed in a studio at Grandstand the first stop. If you miss your bus its only a couple minute walk straight across to Springs the last stop. WE heard horror stories about this resort and didn't find anything to complain about.