Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Coronado Springs in the Vacation Planning forums; Hey guys I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there is a beach at Coronado Springs. We were planning on taking a trip down there in March, but ...
    Panchito Pistol is offline A-Ticket holder

Coronado Springs

Hey guys I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there is a beach at Coronado Springs. We were planning on taking a trip down there in March, but want to know before making our reservations. Thanks for your help

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Coronado Springs is built around a lake with a sandy shoreline, but there is no swimming in the lake. There are hammocks and you can walk in the sand. There is a marina to rent boats to use on the lake. For swimming, there are several pools, including the "Dig Site" which is a large pool area with a Mayan Pyramid, water slide, and spitting jaguar.

In general, there are no true beaches at WDW where swimming is allowed, except at the water parks! All fresh-water lakes are available for boating but not swimming.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

BigDan275 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    This resort is beautiful, we were only going to stay there three days and then switch but we stayed here the whole time. The staff was friendly, the pepper market was good enough to fill you up and the pool was awesome! The fitness center is great as well. The best thing is to have a drink at the outdoor bar and just relax, so beautiful! Overall we had a great experience here and would stay again.

big Dan
    Disneyland Trips :14
    89 (Disneyland Hotel)
    91 (Fairfield in by Marriot)
    95 (Disneyland Hotel Suite overlooking Splash Mountain)
    96 (Hyatt Anaheim)
    98 (Anaheim Marriot)
    99 (Anaheim Marriot)
    00 (new years) (Anaheim Marriot)
    00 (Anaheim Marriot)
    01 (Anaheim Hyatt, Suite)
    02 (Anaheim Hilton)
    03 (Anaheim Hilton)
    04 (Anaheim Hilton/ Huntington Beach Hyatt)
    05 (Anaheim Hilton)
    06 (Anaheim Hilton)

Disneyworld
    04 (Hyatt Grand Cypress) <nice hotel!>
    Spring 07 (Off property, Lake Suites a.k.a. Roadkill Motel) Absolutely wonderful trip!!
    Fall 07 Oct 24th-31st Coronado Springs......amazing! I miss it!!

Love That Duck is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDan275 View Post
    This resort is beautiful, we were only going to stay there three days and then switch but we stayed here the whole time. The staff was friendly, the pepper market was good enough to fill you up and the pool was awesome! The fitness center is great as well. The best thing is to have a drink at the outdoor bar and just relax, so beautiful! Overall we had a great experience here and would stay again.

big Dan
    Thanks for this post BigDan275! I am strongly considering upgrading from Pop to CSR for my December trip. For me, CSR seems to be a bridge between the moderate and deluxe resorts. Do you have any tips/suggestions about building requests if I do stay at CSR? I don't bother with water views at or CBR, is water view worth it, in your opinion, at CSR? I like the amenities CSR offers - room service (beyond pizza and sandwiches), health club, business center, hair salon, CMs accustomed to servicing conventions (true customer service), etc. I am not one who spends all day/night in the parks. I enjoy spending time at my resort.

So, what do you think? If I decide to upgrade, think CSR would be a nice change from CBR?

Thanks in advance.
    ~Jerry & Nancy~

Sept. 3 - Sunrise WEDDING Vow Renewal then Drive to WDW
    Sept. 4-16, 2011 - WDW HONEYMOON:
    Sept 4-9 - Pop Century
    Sept. 10-16 - Caribbean Beach

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    I just got back from an unexpected stay at CSR - we got bumped there from FQ, which was having some sort of maintenance issues. We stayed in a suite in Casita 3, which had a water view. This was my first time actually staying at CSR. It was a pretty resort, though seeing people in business suits was a bit disconcerting.

Casitas 1 and 3 are close to El Centro, but a good hike to the Dig Site an any bus stops. Cabana building 9B is the closest on the other side of El Centro, and closer to the main pool. If being close to the pool is more important than being close to the food court, Cabana 8A would be a good choice. None of these are particularly close to parking. The Ranchos buildings seem to be the farthest from absolutely everything.

The water view was lovely, but remember you don't have a private balcony to enjoy it from, so you also get a view of everyone walking past your window, or the Mousekeeping cart if they park it there. There are many lovely courtyards and landscaped areas to look out over.

I did find the layout to be confusing, especially in the Casitas - getting to and from the parking lot required a map for the first 2 days. Convention parking overflows into the lots for Casitas 1-3, but I didn't have any trouble getting a spot. The pool area was very hot midday.

Hope some of that helps!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

bety is offline Disney World Beast
    On our most recent trip, we got switched from the caribbean beach to the coronado springs. Our room at the caribbean smelled awful, as did our second room, so eventually we were able to switch resorts. and I am so glad that happened! The coronado feels so much fancier, and was cleaner and smelled like a hotel room should smell.
    I agree with what everyone else has said about the food court, pools, layout, etc.
    Overall, it's a wonderful place to stay.
    July 1994- off site
    February 1999- Port Orleans Riverside
    March 2000- Caribbean Beach
    January 2004- off site
    February 2006- Pop Century
    April 2006- off site
    January 2007- Pop Century
    December 2007- Coronado Springs
    December 2008- Pop Century
    December 2009- Coronado Springs/All Star Sports
    Next trip: December 2010- All Star Music

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Love this resort. The grounds are beautiful. Have stayed there twice. We don't mind walking so this resorts large layout wasn't a problem for us. Nice gift shop.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

disneydarling is offline ...and the mome raths outgrabe
    I LOVE this resort - the landscaping is amazing and because its spread out it never feels crowded. It was hard for me to navigate but i was only there one night so i am sure it would have made more sense given more time. Will be staying again one night in june with on of my most favorite people (i hope)
    Sisterhood of the traveling pirate in the pants: charter member

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.

Love That Duck is offline D-Ticket Holder
    It sounds like a wonderful resort that I will definitely have to try sometime. The only rooms available at CSR for my travel dates were water view or suites. Water view isn't in my budget this year. So, I had my TA move me to CBR, my fav resort of the values and moderates. As always, I had her request #1 Jamaica, #2 Aruba. I've stayed at CBR 10 times since 2001 without a single unpleasant experience and CBR has always honored my requests (8 times #1 choice and twice #2 choice). So, I'm very happy.

I'll give CSR a try sometime next year!
    ~Jerry & Nancy~

Sept. 3 - Sunrise WEDDING Vow Renewal then Drive to WDW
    Sept. 4-16, 2011 - WDW HONEYMOON:
    Sept 4-9 - Pop Century
    Sept. 10-16 - Caribbean Beach