Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Off Property hotels in the DD area in the Vacation Planning forums; Okay, I have an email alert from Hotwire.com for a 2.5 star off Property hotel in DD for June 12 thru June 19 for $29 a night. Anyone know what ...
    ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Off Property hotels in the DD area

Okay, I have an email alert from Hotwire.com for a 2.5 star off Property hotel in DD for June 12 thru June 19 for $29 a night. Anyone know what chains are in that vicinity? I'm seriously thinking about this it's a great deal.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Which vacinity? That could be pretty much anywhere from near the airport-20 minutes (which is what you sometimes get when doing hotel prices for Orlando) to Kissimmee (10 minutes) Lake Buena Vista itself. I think that is what you meant. ??????

I would go to something like Google Earth or Hotels.com where you can pull up a map with hotels marked on it to see.
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

I'm sorry I should have been clearer. The offers are broken up and one option is in Lake Buena Vista and one offer is for DD. I eliminated the ones from Kissimmee, the Airport and Universal.
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Pretty much every chain you can think of is right around there. That very well may be the Doubletree... they have occasional low rates like that.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post
    I'm sorry I should have been clearer. The offers are broken up and one option is in Lake Buena Vista and one offer is for DD. I eliminated the ones from Kissimmee, the Airport and Universal.
    There is a Comfort Inn just 2 miles from the gates that we really like. At that price regardless, for that area, take the $29 price and go for it. The CI is usually about 60 a nite but sometimes runs specials

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    Pretty much every chain you can think of is right around there. That very well may be the Doubletree... they have occasional low rates like that.
    Do you mean Doubletree the Club? The one with the Pineapples on the the side? That was our hotel on our first trip. It was awesome

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    Downtown Disney has the Hilton, Holiday Inn, Buena Vista Palace, Grosvenor, Doubletree Guest Suites. We have stayed at the Doubletree and it was fantastic because every room was like a little suite. We have also stayed at the Grosvenor and it was a nightmare. The rooms were so disgusting- with mold, etc. The Downtown Disney are resorts have their own bus system which is pretty good. Of course last time we were there Grosvenor decided not to pay their bill and chartered a Mears bus. The buses were never there when they said they would be, didn't have air conditioning, and the Grosvenor people acted like they didn't care. It ruined our trip. Go to allears- I am pretty sure they list them all. I think there a couple other hotels down there that I can't remember right off the top of my head.
    Dreams Really Do Come True

It could be one I think called the Royal Plaza. It was pretty much destroyed during one of the hurricanes a few years back so they might be trying to get some business back.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderella2 View Post
    It could be one I think called the Royal Plaza. It was pretty much destroyed during one of the hurricanes a few years back so they might be trying to get some business back.
    Any feedback on it prior to the hurricane? I'm really wanting to go. Our last trip was in '05 and that is too long

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    We have stayed off site a couple of times when we could not get ressies for a hotel on site without giving up our first born to pay the bill. These were short 4-5 day trips so we dealt with the transportation nightmares OK and learned a few tricks that saved time and money.

Be careful. Go before you book on some other sites and and read current reviews of these hotels. Some are dives, dirty, buggy, and moldy. It could ruin a trip for the dollars you save and make you wish you were in a clean camper at Ft. Wilderness. Go to the library and check out The Unofficial Guide to WDW. They too have yearly updates on hotels.

Two we had good luck with were the B V Palace and the Hilton. Both offer specials, but you have to ask for them to be quoted (phone). The Palace is actually a very nice and fun hotel. Draw backs just transportation and some convention people in suits not living the magic. Added bonus, short walk up Hotel Rd. is the grocery store and several chain restaurants, much cheaper than WDW for a meal when you're not in the park.

Problem is with Hotwire you don't find out what hotel it is until after your purchase. I'll look again but I don't know if there are reviews for them or not.

Sadly, I have only stayed at the Doubletree and the Grosvenor. Pray you don't get stuck in the Grosvenor. If there is any way you could cancel your trip before you checked in you would be much better off staying at the Pop.

Tmntrans is offline Fastpass Holder
    WE stayed here twice, It is VERY clean and a very hot sauna pool. If i couldn't stay on grounds it would be here. And its about a little over mile from where Disney exits off 192. I stayed for 27.00 18 mths ago and 34.00 8 months ago. Can't go wrong with priceline. It had micro, fridge, cover maker, and a big dose of Stacey.

Howard Johnson Inn - Kissimmee Maingate East

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post
    Problem is with Hotwire you don't find out what hotel it is until after your purchase. I'll look again but I don't know if there are reviews for them or not.
    Boy, that would be a mighty big gamble to me. I'm not a big fan of surprises let alone let downs. I've gota have control of my destiny. I've check-in and right out of The Campers at the end of their hey-day at Ft. Wildrerness, out of FQ room and to a new building when I found one of those icky bugs that are part of south in our room and right out of a Disneyland hotel for a hole in the wall. Each time I didn't believe I was getting what I paid for and was moved to different room or hotel with Ft Wilderness. Guess it depends on your families tolerance level if it is not close to a resort level hotel and/or cleanliness.

Quote Originally Posted by Tmntrans View Post
    WE stayed here twice, It is VERY clean and a very hot sauna pool. If i couldn't stay on grounds it would be here. And its about a little over mile from where Disney exits off 192. I stayed for 27.00 18 mths ago and 34.00 8 months ago. Can't go wrong with priceline. It had micro, fridge, cover maker, and a big dose of Stacey.

Howard Johnson Inn - Kissimmee Maingate East
    We are thinking about here for our March trip. It will be 40$ in the standard (no fridge or micro) with a AAA discount. It is only $10 more for those but we want to keep it under 300$if we can. We will have our cooler with us so we can just keep it filled with ice and the coffee maker can double as a hot pot. Hey the IHOP next door pretty much sold me on that one....LOL

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Boy, that would be a mighty big gamble to me. I'm not a big fan of surprises let alone let downs. I've gota have control of my destiny. I've check-in and right out of The Campers at the end of their hey-day at Ft. Wildrerness, out of FQ room and to a new building when I found one of those icky bugs that are part of south in our room and right out of a Disneyland hotel for a hole in the wall. Each time I didn't believe I was getting what I paid for and was moved to different room or hotel with Ft Wilderness. Guess it depends on your families tolerance level if it is not close to a resort level hotel and/or cleanliness.
    AHHHH!!!!! another compulsive planner, welcome to the club. LOL I know people have gotten some great deals on there but I am like you, and want to know what the feel of the place is like before I get there. There was one place we could have gotten for 168$ including tax for the entire week with a fridge, micro, couch (a suite like thing) but after doing research on the place via satelitte images (I love the birds-eye view on msn live maps) there was just something about the area that kinda rubbed me the wrong way. One of those vibe things you get. That and the reviews on almost every hotel in that area were not very good. Trust your instincts kinda thing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast