Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Dog Park at Ft. Wilderness? in the Vacation Planning forums; I read on allears yesterday that they just opened a dog park at Fort Wilderness! I also never knew that you could take your pups when you stayed there!! My ...
    princessariel is offline Fastpass Holder

Dog Park at Ft. Wilderness?

I read on allears yesterday that they just opened a dog park at Fort Wilderness! I also never knew that you could take your pups when you stayed there!! My pup Roscoe would love that.
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

March '03-All Star Movies

March '06-All Star Movies

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

Nov'14 All Star Sports-F&WF W&D 1/2 Marathon!

DisneyGuy87 is offline Annual Passholder
    This would be awesome! Is it for real? Can you bring the dogs to just the camp sites or the cabins too?

princessariel is offline Fastpass Holder
    This is what I got from allears Anita Answers
    Monique writes:
    We called Disney reservations today to book this year's stay at Fort Wilderness and were told that an off-leash dog area had either just opened up, or was about to, just off the 300 loop. It's supposed to be called "Waggin' Trails" The person we spoke to said they'd just received the press release, and wasn't exactly sure where the area was to be located. (Part of the pet walk along the canal, perhaps?)
    This is great news as we're returning to FW with our two Border Collies but I've tried finding information about this online and have come up empty. Any details would be much appreciated.
    And just a note of thanks for such a fantastic site. It's remarkably easy to use (easier than the WDW site by far, and I'm actually a web designer) and is the best resource I've found for the latest and greatest WDW news. On our last WDW vacation in '07, your site was invaluable. We used it before we left to make sure we didn't miss anything new. When we got to WDW we used it as an almost daily resource - both on my laptop at our campsite planning our days and on my smart phone while out and about. Some days while waiting in line in the parks we were checking out menus on your site to make lunch/dinner plans! Keep up the great work!
    Hi Monique!
    Good news for dog owners at Fort Wilderness! The new Waggin' Trails Dog Park is located off of the 300 loop of the Fort Wilderness Campground, in the northeast area of the resort. Dogs accompanied by guests age 12 and over can now have some off-leash fun and exercise in the new park. No unaccompanied dogs, puppies under 4 months or dogs in heat will be allowed. Use of the dog park is limited to FW guests staying in one of the designated pet loops. Waggin' Trails is open daily from sunrise to sunset, and as usual, there are several more rules and regulations to abide by, which you will be advised of at check-in.
    The following are designated pet loops at Fort Wilderness: 300, 500, 700, 800, 1600, 1700, 1800, and 1900. Pets are not allowed in tents or pop-up type campers, and there is an extra charge for pets.
    I hope you and your pups have a great vacation!
    A.A.
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

March '03-All Star Movies

March '06-All Star Movies

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

Nov'14 All Star Sports-F&WF W&D 1/2 Marathon!

bowlingman7 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    There is no way I could go to Disney without my girls.....

ImageShack - Hosting :: mbuf1.jpg

This is great news!!
    If we can dream it, we can do it!

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    I didn't know they had pet loops at Fort Wilderness, that's great!! Now if we could only get them to build a resort that will accept pets
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

Fort Family is offline A-Ticket holder
    The "dog park" at FW was nearing completion over Christmas. I have some photos I'll try and find and post. It is a fenced in area adjacent to Loop 300.

What I am most curious about is what changes have been made to the "dog walking" rules in order to accomodate usage of the dog park.

Because : 1.There is no parking area for the dog park - which means - 2.Dogs will have to be walked there - however - 3.As of Christmas all dog loops had signs posted at the entrance/exit that read "NO PETS BEYOND THIS POINT" - which means - 4.No one can get their dog to the park !

We speculate that the present dog walking being restricted to the "dog loops" will be abandoned/has been abandoned - however - we further speculate that dogs WILL NOT have "full run" of the campground. Being aware of how resourcefull Disney is we even further speculate that all those signs that are/were at the exits to the dog loops advising "No Pets Beyond This Point" will be removed and repositioned at areas such as : the campfire area, the area around the Whoop de Doo and dock, the cabin areas, beyond the four way stop, and, last but not least - the entrances to all NON dog loops.

But does anyone know ?

brad9008 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    i never knew they built a dog park in fort wilderness

Fort Family is offline A-Ticket holder

They certainly did

The "dog park" at FW was nearing completion over Christmas. I understand from other sources in other forums that it is now open.

As of 1 Jan 2008 it was - I would estimate - 95% finished so it clearly should be open by now.

It was a large fenced in area of irregular shape adjacent to the road. It almost abutted the "play area" next to the entrance to Loop 300.

There is NO PARKING for it. Even if you were in Loop 300 to get your dog to the entrance to the "dog park" you would have to go beyond the signs at the exit to Loop 300 that say "No pets beyond thid point".

Therefore - there must have been a change to the "Pet Rules" at FW or else no one would be able to use it - at least with their pet !

Can't seem to find out what the "new rules" must be.

Anyone Know ?

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    FW update from WDW Today:

WDW News Today
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.