Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Activities at Beach Club in the Vacation Planning forums; Has anyone else noticed the new activities at the Beach Club. They have a campfire, smores, and movie on the beach (like Fort Wilderness Campground). I am not sure when ...
    Winnie is offline Fastpass Holder

Activities at Beach Club

Has anyone else noticed the new activities at the Beach Club. They have a campfire, smores, and movie on the beach (like Fort Wilderness Campground). I am not sure when they started but we loved the idea and can't wait to participate during our next trip. They also had indoor and outdoor games. I can't wait to take my nieces back in 2009. I hope this is still going on when they go back.

Has anyone else noticed any other resorts doing this now?

BETH ~ I BELIEVE in Make Believe,Dreams & Wishes
    Is It time To Go Back Yet??
    Happy DVC Member - Beach Club Villas
    BCV - October 2011 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival (Met up with Lou and the Walk-about Crew! Met Deanna!
    Met the Petermans!)
    BCV - October 2010 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival and MNNSHP!!!
    BCV - June 2009 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2008 - MNNSHP-Just the two of us!
    BCV - May 2008 - Flower & Garden/Epcot - Just the two of us!
    BCV - January 2008 - Marathon Weekend - Just the two of us! (We finally got to meet Lou & his wonderful family)
    BCV - May 2007 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2006 Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    ASM & BCV - June 2006 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2005 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    OKW & BWV - March 2005 - Quick and needed fun trip! Just the two of us!
    BCV - June 2004 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2003 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    BC - Honeymoon- April 2002
    Off Site - 1997 - I was a poor college student staying with my favorite aunt!

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    Ooooh! That's really great to hear. I'm staying at the Beach Club for one night during the upcoming August trip. Thanks so much for posting that!

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Yes, I have noticed there seems to be even more activities at the resorts than in previous years. AKL had a ton of things going on there, including a series of activities where the kids could collect beads for each activity completed, as well as storytelling around the fire pit, and a kids parade around the gift shop.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Great! We will be staying at the BCV for the first time this October.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

Sorria is offline Fastpass Holder
    I'd love to see some activities planned at the resorts...just for something for everyone to do at the parks. I know in the past besides Fort Wilderness Campground, the Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom Lodge have also had activities. I've also heard that the Polynesian has planned activities, though most of them are for kids only.

I really think the additions to the Beach Club are pretty cool, but I think they should have made them more beach themed. Smores and campfires just seems to be too much like the Campground to me. Don't get me wrong, I like the campground and the Beach Club, but I think each resort should have some different activites that reflects its themes. Smores and campfires really don't say beach to me.
    Upcoming Trips to WDW:

Dec 6-10: Disney Wonder
    Dec 10-19: Port Orleans French Quarter

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...
    i think this is a really good idea, esp. for families who head back early from the parks...it gives them some fun evening options and sounds great for kids.
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

Winnie is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by mritty View Post
    Ooooh! That's really great to hear. I'm staying at the Beach Club for one night during the upcoming August trip. Thanks so much for posting that!
    You are very welcome! I can't have the smores but I am sure there is something I can melt on a fire to substitute if this is still going on in May. I can't wait!

I will let you know what happens and how it is then!
    BETH ~ I BELIEVE in Make Believe,Dreams & Wishes
    Is It time To Go Back Yet??
    Happy DVC Member - Beach Club Villas
    BCV - October 2011 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival (Met up with Lou and the Walk-about Crew! Met Deanna!
    Met the Petermans!)
    BCV - October 2010 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival and MNNSHP!!!
    BCV - June 2009 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2008 - MNNSHP-Just the two of us!
    BCV - May 2008 - Flower & Garden/Epcot - Just the two of us!
    BCV - January 2008 - Marathon Weekend - Just the two of us! (We finally got to meet Lou & his wonderful family)
    BCV - May 2007 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2006 Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    ASM & BCV - June 2006 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2005 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    OKW & BWV - March 2005 - Quick and needed fun trip! Just the two of us!
    BCV - June 2004 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2003 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    BC - Honeymoon- April 2002
    Off Site - 1997 - I was a poor college student staying with my favorite aunt!