Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Resort Feedback in the Vacation Planning forums; My visits to Disney are quite small, as you can see. We have stayed only at the value resorts and love them! However, reading through the posts, I see so ...
    smith913 is offline Fastpass Holder

Question Resort Feedback

My visits to Disney are quite small, as you can see. We have stayed only at the value resorts and love them! However, reading through the posts, I see so much going on at other resorts (moderate, deluxe). I know each person is different, but I wonder and would love your opinions . . . Am I missing out on more fun? Should I upgrade on our future visits? We have 2 girls, ages 7 and 10, who LOVE Epcot! I guess I always thought I would spend the $$ I saved in the parks, food, etc. If you could share your thoughts and experiences, that would be most appreciated!!
    Samantha

October 2005 - All Star Movies, October 2006 - Pop Century, October 2008 - Pop Century, October 2009 - Pop Century, October 2011 - Pop Century

Tmntrans is offline Fastpass Holder
    If you're looking for a place to just sleep and maybe hit the pool and your happy with value I would stay there. Moderate and deluxe I would guess to say is if you spend time at the resort and less in the parks. Thus you can enjoy what the resort has to offer. I stayed at Caribbean abd the pool was closed so we didn't get to hang to much at the resort. We just scooted over to Typhoon Lagoon and spent all day over there. Caribbean was awesome though in itself..wasn't quite as busy.

DVC Mike is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by smith913 View Post
    Am I missing out on more fun? Should I upgrade on our future visits? We have 2 girls, ages 7 and 10, who LOVE Epcot!
    I would recommend the Beach Club. You're right outside Epcot and you have the best pool at WDW!
    DVC Member - My Home Resorts: BLT, BWV, BCV and VGC

Sorria is offline Fastpass Holder
    I personally never stay at Value resorts any more, did when I was a kid, but the themeing at thier hotels is just really "kiddie" for me and a I never really liked it, even as a kid.

If all you're going to do is go to the parks and just use the hotel for sleeping, then I'd just stay with a value. However, if you might want to take a day off from the parks and just hang around the hotel, a moderate or deluxe is great as there's much more to do. When we plan vacations we usually plan them with at least one or two "hotel" days where we don't go the parks, just to give our feet a break. At our upcoming Polynesian trip this July we aren't even going to any of the parks at all, we're spending our entire time at the resort and Downtown Disney. (We might to the parks to do a few rides, like one or two, we have an annual pass so we won't be wasting a ticket to just go for a half hour or so).

And I'd second the Beach Club for your little girls. Its within walking distance (or a short boat ride) to Epcot and has an awesome pool. If I'm not mistaken they even show nightly movies out by the pool now (they're free to go watch).
    Upcoming Trips to WDW:

Dec 6-10: Disney Wonder
    Dec 10-19: Port Orleans French Quarter

princessariel is offline Fastpass Holder
    I defiantly recommend an upgrade....we stayed at a moderate this last time and loved it. I will always stay at a moderate form now on out!

It just seemed easier than the values if that makes sense. Less people, more things to do, slightly bigger rooms, etc.
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

March '03-All Star Movies

March '06-All Star Movies

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

Nov'14 All Star Sports-F&WF W&D 1/2 Marathon!

Thanks for the input! It sounds like it is definitely worth looking into. I am really interested in AKL. Maybe if the crowds get too much while we are there, we can just ride over and check it out!!
    Samantha

October 2005 - All Star Movies, October 2006 - Pop Century, October 2008 - Pop Century, October 2009 - Pop Century, October 2011 - Pop Century

disneycrazy1956 is offline Fastpass Holder
    We always stay in a moderate, except for '94 when the magic kingdom club bumped us up to the Contemporary for the price of a moderate for 13 nights. it was nice. We loved being able to hop on the monarail to get to MK or Epcot and even walked back to the CR at MK closing because the monarail was going to be a long wait. But like you said; we use the extra dollars for food, tickets, etc. We love the moderates and I can't justify double the cost for a deluxe room that we pretty much only sleep and shower in. Each to his own. The rooms look great in all the deluxe resorts but do they, and the other amenities justify the extra cost? My question for you is after 9 stays in a moderate or better would we be satisfied with a value? We are planning to go this summer and I wouldn't mind spending a little less on the room. We HAVE to stay on property. lol..
    "I just want it to look like nothing else in the world... and it should be surrounded by a train" -Walt Disney.
    90 CB, 92 DI, 94 CR, 97 FWC, 99 CS, 00 CS, 02 CS, 04 POR, 05 POR, 07 POR, 08 POFQ, 09 POR, 11 POR.

Of course there was something about opening the curtains in the room and watching MK fireworks .
    "I just want it to look like nothing else in the world... and it should be surrounded by a train" -Walt Disney.
    90 CB, 92 DI, 94 CR, 97 FWC, 99 CS, 00 CS, 02 CS, 04 POR, 05 POR, 07 POR, 08 POFQ, 09 POR, 11 POR.

I agree with you about having to stay on property! Love that! As far as booking the value resort, I guess it just depends on what you want to do with the extra cash. Would you miss the room size or any other things you have grown accustomed to having? We are at the parks all the time. We hit the pool a time or two. The AKL looks really tempting, though!! I guess it would cost big bucks for me to get the giraffe outside my window?! Ha! Ha!
    Samantha

I agree the AKL looks amazing. And the Beach Club, too. I like the idea of a mini water park there and walking to epcot. Who knows may be I'll hit the lottery.

The wilderness lodge lobby is amazing, I've always wanted to stay there, too.

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    I'm staying at a Value, Moderate, and Deluxe all on the same trip this August. I'll be sure to report back on if I think the Moderate and Deluxe are "worth" it. :-)

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...
    we've stayed in 2 of the values and 3 of the moderates and have loved all of them! With kids the theming at the values is always lots of fun but my family has really enjoyed the moderates these past few trips. They are less crowded and do have some nice plusses that the values lack. I agree, AKL looks amazing, we are looking into maybe spending a night or two there our next trip.
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

cute_seven101 is offline A-Ticket holder
    The BOARDWALK! Its near Epcot and themeing is excellent but its really expense!