Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss What is your favorite Deluxe Resort? in the Vacation Planning forums; This is my weekly blog on my website and in my weekly newsletter. I would like to know your favorite deluxe resort and feel fre to view a sample of ...
    unc23 is offline B-Ticket Holder

What is your favorite Deluxe Resort?

This is my weekly blog on my website and in my weekly newsletter. I would like to know your favorite deluxe resort and feel fre to view a sample of our weekly newsletter at my website: www.wdwpeakseasons.com

The Deluxe resorts are: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Beach Club & yahct Club, Boardwalk Inn, Contemporary, Grand Floridian, Poylnesian, and Wilderness Lodge. These are the most expensive resorts, but have the largest rooms and the most amenities. These resorts can range in price depending on the type of room you choose and the season you vacation in.

These resorts each have a different theme, and each is close to a certain park. The Grand Floridian, Polynesian, and Contemporary are on the Magic Kingdom Monorail line. The Magic Kingdom is a short boat ride from Wilderness Lodge. Boardwalk Inn, Beach Club, and Yacht Club are within walking distance of EPCOT and Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park and the Animal Kingdom Lodge are within minutes of each other. The Deluxe resorts are places where you can spend a significant amount of your day, so if you are planning on not spending the majority of your time in the parks, a deluxe resort may be the way to go. Cost could be a factor in your decision. The cost for deluxe rooms ranges from $225 - $2100 depending on the room type, the season, and the view you want.

[FONT='Times','serif']So which is the best Deluxe resort? This is so hard to say because each offers something unique to guests. It really depends on your tastes and what theme best fits your family. For our family it is Animal Kingdom Lodge. Where else can you go out on your balcony and have the opportunity to see giraffes, zebras, and other wildlife? The lodge itself is so wonderfully done, that you have a hard time believing you are in central Florida. It also offers two of the best restaurants on the Disney property, Boma- a buffet featuring many African flavored offerings, as well as standard American foods, and Jiko- which is a fancy restaurant focusing on exotic menu options.

[FONT='Times','serif']If money is not a huge concern, then any of the deluxe resorts are a great choice. Disney truly did a remarkable job in creating these resorts as a way to make you feel like you are miles away from everything. If money is a large concern, then you can always do what we do once a year and save some money and head over to Pop Century!!! [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    The #1 Weekly Newsletter for Disney Information. Make sure to sign up to receive our weekly Disney newsletter:

http://wdwnewsletter.com

emilykaye159 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I've stayed at most of the deluxe resorts and my personal favorite is the Contemporary, the rooms are so spacious and when going with more than two people it really is helpful. You can see the fireworks from Magic Kingdom and has great views. The monorail going through the inside of the hotel makes it so easy to get around the resort. Also, Chef Mickey's inside is a great place to eat and see characters. Hope this helps!

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I haven't stayed at the Polynesian but have at all of the others. I must say that my favorite is Wilderness Lodge. But I really like that style. I like the closeness and the beauty. I am also a fan of Whispering Canyon as well as Artist Point.

I have to edit this- I have not been to the Yacht or Beach club or the Boardwalk. I have been to the deluxes around MK. I can't wait to stay at the Boardwalk when I take my son.
    Last edited by SnwhtNdwrfs; 02-17-2008 at 12:28 PM.

DisneyorBust is offline C-Ticket Holder

Smile

We are a family that loves the POLY! We would stay there for every vacation to WDW if we could! For our next trip we are going to give the Caribbean Beach resort a try.
    Off site January 2001
    Off site September 2002
    Polynesian December 2003
    Polynesian November 2004
    Polynesian December 2005
    Polynesian/Grand Floridian October 2006
    Poly December 2007
    CBR Sept 2008
    Poly 11/08 Anniversary trip
    Coronado Springs 3/09
    Poly 9/09
    Poly 2/10
    Poly 9/10

Sorria is offline Fastpass Holder
    I've stayed at all the deluxe resorts except the Contemporary, Poly and Boardwalk. So far my favorite's been the Yacht Cllub.....but they may change once we stay at the Poly in July.
    Upcoming Trips to WDW:

Dec 6-10: Disney Wonder
    Dec 10-19: Port Orleans French Quarter

DisneyDreamz99 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I love Wilderness Lodge. We only stayed there for a night and it only left me waiting to go back! We eat at the Lodge everytime we visit though. Boardwalk was great and I loved being there at night.

I'd love to stay at the Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Annette is offline A-Ticket holder
    I have stayed at them all and I am always pulled back to Boardwalk. I love to spend nights in EPCOT so I love the short walk into the park.
    Annette
    annette@mousefantravel.com

JEANYLASER33 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    MIAMI,FL ARE PLANNING TO MOVE TO ORLANDO,FLORIDA
    Our family didn't stay in the Polynesian resort before!
    JEANY SANCHEZ

MAY 2009- POP CENTURY

BethD is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I Really love the Wilderness Lodge. I love it because you are still so close to the Magic Kingdom but you feel so far away.
    Beth D

beth@MouseFanTravel.com
    affiliated w/ MEI & Mouse Fan Travel

blue donkey is offline A-Ticket holder
    I've only stayed at Poly & liked it a lot but will try other deluxes near parks b/c it didn't have a jacuzzi. Just gotta have a nice soak to rejuvenate for the next day.
    Hidden Mickeys, beware!