Your Walt Disney World Information Station

View Poll Results: I need your help to Which value Resort should I take?

Voters
23. This poll is closed
  • All-Star Movies

2 8.70%
  • All-Star Music

4 17.39%
  • All-Star Sports

2 8.70%
  • Pop Century

15 65.22%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss I need your help to Which value resort should I take? in the Vacation Planning forums; I was thinking the all-star Music Family Suites! But! My Mom said that has 2 bedrooms! Do you have some pictures of the all-Star Music Family Suites!...
    JEANYLASER33 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    MIAMI,FL ARE PLANNING TO MOVE TO ORLANDO,FLORIDA

I need your help to Which value resort should I take?

I was thinking the all-star Music Family Suites! But! My Mom said that has 2 bedrooms! Do you have some pictures of the all-Star Music Family Suites!
    Last edited by JEANYLASER33; 02-23-2008 at 10:11 AM.
    JEANY SANCHEZ

MAY 2009- POP CENTURY

disneymaniac87 is offline Counting Down To My Next Trip!
    I enjoy All Star Movies... I've stayed at Pop Century and All Star Movies... and the way Pop Century is set up and stuff... I don't really like it. I LOVED All Star Movies... and if you can get a preferred room, ask for the toy story section. It's the best
    *Sarah*
    My Disney Vacations
    '92, '93, '94, '96, '97, '99, '03, '05, '06, '09, '10, '11, '12(x2)

"All you need is faith and trust..."

Maybe the All-Star Movies is the right hotel but! All-Star Music has Family Suite! I hope All-Star Movies needs a family suite too!
    JEANY SANCHEZ

MAY 2009- POP CENTURY

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    It's hard to recommend a resort without knowing some more details about your party. You seem to be interested in the family suites. In case you haven't already, you may want to visit here: All Star Music Fact Sheet

The only values I have stayed at are All Star Music and Pop Century.

ASMU - We haven't stayed there in awhile, at least not since part of it got converted to family suites. We really enjoyed our room in the Jazz buildings. It was right next to the preferred Calypso buildings. We've also stayed in the Country one, but that was too far back IMHO. Overall, I'm a music person so I really enjoyed the themeing at this one, the location, the pools, and food court. I didn't like the fact this resort shares a bus with the other All Star Resorts. I think All Star Sports gets a slight advantage because they are the first to be picked up and dropped off.

POP - We only stayed one night here in the 50s building, Lady I believe. Since we were only there one night, I don't have much to say other than it was a cheap Saturday night stay with an AP discount before we moved over to DVC at OKW for the rest of the vacation. We didn't use the bus on this trip as we rented a car, so I can't comment on the bus service to/from this resort.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

GalPal is offline Fastpass Holder
    Only All Star Music has the Family Suites. They don't have two bedrooms - one bedroom, a family room, a kitchenette and two bathrooms. They basically took two connecting rooms and redid them converting one bedroom into a living area. Here is what I copied off of allears.net:

"Each suite will sleep up to 6, plus one child in a Pak-n-Play crib. The master bedroom and family room have a 27" flat screen TV as well as high speed internet access. There is a queen bed (sleeps 2), full-size pullout sofa (sleeps 2), convertible ottoman and chair sleeper (sleeps 2). The kitchenette will have a microwave and small refrigerator (4.3 cubic feet) plus a coffeemaker. There are two full bathrooms."

Here is a link to some photos: Disney Resorts - A Current list of Disney World Hotels, Disney Resorts, Orlando Hotels

Personally, I prefer Pop Century. Better food court, much better bus service, etc. You might want to consider getting two connecting rooms if you want two bedrooms. I'd rather sleep in a bed than a pull out sofa any day!
    Last edited by GalPal; 02-23-2008 at 12:58 PM.

Thanks for the info!
    JEANY SANCHEZ

MAY 2009- POP CENTURY

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    I've stayed at Pop many times and ASMu once. Pop Century is better, hands down. ASMu is smaller, less clean-looking, less well organized, and (very very mildly) more expensive - due to being in a different county with different resort tax, and shares a bus with AS Movies and AS Sports. Pop has a better food court, better gift shop, more pools, is brighter, has queue lines at each of the bus stops, and doesn't share a bus with any other hotel.

If it's just you and Mom, why on earth would you pay such a large price for the family suite? That's a very expensive price to pay for just two people for just a Value resort. If you're willing to pay that much, you may as well go up to a Moderate hotel.

OK! I will do that and again Thanks! I wanted to stay in the all-Star Movies!
    JEANY SANCHEZ

MAY 2009- POP CENTURY

BethD is offline C-Ticket Holder
    My daughter wanted to make sure we mentioned that at the Pop Century if you get a refillable mug you can get as many Slushies as you want. Unlimited Slushies was a BIG deal to her!! What may be small extras to some are BIG deals to other. That extra only sold her on Pop.
    Beth D

beth@MouseFanTravel.com
    affiliated w/ MEI & Mouse Fan Travel

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    All the resorts have a refillable mug policy... are you saying that the All Stars don't have slushies at their drink refill stations? I honestly didn't notice the couple times I used ASMu's foodcourt while I was there....

GalPal is offline Fastpass Holder
    Yes - unless something has very recently changed, only Pop has the blue raspberry and coke flavored slushies at the food court. Not for me...but the kids love 'em!

Maybe Pop Century will be the case! I really want to stay in the 1980's theme!
    JEANY SANCHEZ

MAY 2009- POP CENTURY

BethD is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by mritty View Post
    All the resorts have a refillable mug policy... are you saying that the All Stars don't have slushies at their drink refill stations? I honestly didn't notice the couple times I used ASMu's foodcourt while I was there....

Yes, Pop is the only one to have the Slushies.
    Beth D

beth@MouseFanTravel.com
    affiliated w/ MEI & Mouse Fan Travel

cute_seven101 is offline A-Ticket holder
    it really all depends on what u like and if ur bringing a guest what they like, but i personally prefer All Star Sports.
    Last edited by cute_seven101; 03-10-2008 at 07:59 PM.

First Timer is offline I saw the Mouse now I want to go back!
    I have never stay at any of the value hotels but I would love to stay at All star movies
    Loni

First Trip- Jan. 07, POFQ
    Second Trip- May 08, Pop Century

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast