Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Should Disney offer Free Internet Service for Resort guests? in the Vacation Planning forums; Originally Posted by skiyalater I've heard some people say that it is working, and others saying that it is not. so I don't know, but I have a research paper ...
    MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by skiyalater View Post
    I've heard some people say that it is working, and others saying that it is not. so I don't know, but I have a research paper that I have to work on during spring break that i might need internet for.
    Like most things, it's probably being phased into the resorts.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    And for folks who really need the internet they may wish to stay at the Swan and Dolphin. This is from All Ears....

Effective February 16, the WDW Swan and Dolphin resorts added a
    $10 per day (plus 6.5% tax) resort services package for NEW
    reservations only. (Anyone with an existing reservation will be
    given the option to pay the resort services fee or to use the
    services a la carte.) The fee includes:

-- up to 60 minutes free local telephone calls, toll free and
    credit card access calls (10 cents per minute after 60 minutes)
    -- 20 minutes of domestic long distance per day
    -- unlimited access to the resort's health club facilities
    -- in-room high-speed internet access
    -- two bottles of water daily

The two bottles of water are $4 right there. Guess if you spend time on the phone, time in the gym and the internet it is worth it. But then when do you have time to do the parks?

LaBretonne2002 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    I've worked for a company that provided internet through hotels worldwide (both free and paid) and I'd have to say there's a lot of problems with connecting. Personally, knowing all the problems with it and the fact that the service runs from 11 - 11am (or the normal time of checkout and you dont get the actual 24 hours, I'd be skeptical about paying for the service although I would need it to stay connected to work. Plus, if it doesn't work, you have to call technical support and you'll prob have to make changes to how your computer connects to the internet (most often it's linkspeed with a wired connection). I wouldn't trust it and I worked in the industry for over 2 years. If it was free, then I wouldn't mind. But I wouldn't pay for it. It should be free anyway since you're paying soooo much for your vacation.

ArmySister is offline A-Ticket holder
    I understand that Disney doesn't have to provide access and I understand why they don't, but I don't like it at all. I love to upload our pictures and such so that I can go ahead and order prints (that will be waiting on us when we get home) and for the family to see while we are there. The Internet costs are really my only complaint I have about Disney.
    ~*Kimberly*~
    My Blog: The Busy Life of a Single Mom
    Proud Supporter of our Troops

StarsNStripes is offline 40th was amazing!
    I'd personally like to see them offer free Internet service. It's kinda the least they could do. I mean, I know this is a weird comparison, but they don't charge you extra to swim in the pool. For some people, their Internet connection is the equivelent of the swimming pool.
    I hear what you're saying Amanda about not taking the laptop on vacation. I agree completely. It was just a bit frusterating when I had an assignment that I had to post on the web (would have taken all of 3 minutes) and they wanted 10 more bucks to do it.
    I'm about as All-American as they come!
    *Natalie*
    Must get a new trip on the books! I'm dyin' here!

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    And now that it has been announced that Internet service is going to be available in-flight for $12.95, wired $l0.00 service at WDW really seems
    obsolete.

While I could live without it, I still think Disney needs to get with the times and offer free wi-fi. Just too many guests need to check in with work here and there, it would really aide their guests.

I vote they get with the times.

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    I am addicted to the internet. I don't know what I'd do without it. But when I'm at the World I have no need or time for it. I barely watch t.v. when I'm there. I only miss not using a computer for getting the current and forecast weather. I'm a pilot so I'm always checking weather.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

brad9008 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    i think the hotels should offer free internet in their rooms

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by skiyalater View Post
    Does anyone know if the free DVC internet is up and running yet?
    Is it just DVC or was it for the deluxe resort guests as well? Personally, I wouldn't use it much but I think they should offer free internet, but I wouldn't hold my breath, look how long it took them to offer fridges for free.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12