Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Contempory Resort suggestions Please! in the Vacation Planning forums; I am planning our first trip. I have gotten a quote from AAA and I need to know if it is a good deal or not. We can stay at ...
    loydandmel is offline A-Ticket holder

Contempory Resort suggestions Please!

I am planning our first trip. I have gotten a quote from AAA and I need to know if it is a good deal or not. We can stay at the Comtempory for $2999 with a park view and a private balcony. This includes 5 nights and 4 days worth of tickets. I could not come close to it on Disney.com. We are only there for 5 days so want to stay somewhere with the monorail.

Any suggestions would be great. Good or Bad

Caribbean Lady is offline Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas
    Personally, I love the Contemporary. I have not stayed anywhere else on the monorail system so I can't speak for the Polynesian or the Grand Floridian. All I will say though is, if you get a room with the door on the left side (of the two doors next to each other) you will be able to see the castle (of The Magic Kingdom) from your bed at night - and that is truly magical.
    tale as old as time...

It's official... I'm too far away from the Magic
    When you wish upon a star...

Sharpays Mom is offline A-Ticket holder
    The contemporary is my favorite hotel. It offers convenience - you can walk to the Magic Kingdom and monorail to the MK or Epcot. Walking saves you time when you go to/leave the park at high volume times. Also, there's plenty of variety in the food offerings, a large arcade, pool and beach. I'd suggest booking Chef Mickey's breakfast (in the 4th floor lobby) for ~8am the morning you leave. After you check your luggage with the airport checkin, you can have breakfast and then go back up to your room before you check out. And, I love watching the fireworks from the balcony and the light parade on the water. When we stay there, we leave the blinds open when we sleep so we can see the MK all night long. We book an evening flight home, check our bags through to the airport, leave our carryons with the bell staff and then head to the parks. We change into our traveling clothes in the locker room for the fitness center. Enjoy your trip!

bcmom323 is offline A-Ticket holder
    That sounds like a heck of a deal! When are you going and how many is going to be in your party? Unfortunatly it doesn't sound like you got the meal plan. When we went in 06 they thru in the meal plan for free as a promo thing. I'll never go without it now! It also sounds like your tickets are park hoppers.

Amanda

I mean AREN'T park hoppers.

alsirrap is offline A-Ticket holder
    Be sure to request park side rooms. They can't guarentee it, but if you request it, it's on their computer to try and you'll get first choice if they're available. I also like to request the highest floor available. Floor twelve is the highest unless you're getting the concierge level. So, be sure to make that request in advance. I've stayed there 5 times and would do so everytime if I could, but luckily, I have friends who like to try out the others as well, and I'm glad because I've really enjoyed them as well.

Sharpays Mom is offline A-Ticket holder
    I think park side rooms are a different price from the bay view so this is probably a guaranteed park side if that's what the package syas. Also, the 12th floor used to be a modified concierge floor so the highest you may be able to get is 11. Really anything above 6 or 7 is fine. Lower and you might hear/feel the monorail. A friend told me to call the hotel directly a week before (not the general reservation number) and request a specific room/view. Not sure if that works or not, but it can't hurt.

Thanks

Thank you so much for your feedback. I love the idea of Chef Mickey on the last day our flight won't leave Orlando until 6:40 Sunday Night so we will have plenty of time to do things that day.

Our tickets are not park hoppers but my DS is 5 so I can't imagine doing more than one park a day.

I will also request the highest floor.

The meal plan is $450 I need to know if that is a good deal.

Meal Plan

Was that $450 a person or just an extra $450? Either way it is a good deal; look at how much you spend at the parks in food alone! Our meal plan was thrown in as a freebie when we went in the fall of 06; it was a promotional thing, we got a table meal and a counter meal plus a snack a day. We usually didn't get out of the room before 9 so having a big breakfast and a snack during the day basically filled us until dinner. We are doing the meal plan again next year!

princessmom17 is offline A-Ticket holder
    The Contemporary is an awesome choice. It is our favorite hotel. I priced out a trip to Disney for early December: staying 5 nights, 6 days at the Contemporary with a MK view, with 6-Day Park Hopper passes, 2 adults and 2 children with the meal plan and it was a little over $3800. That was just calling the Disney reservation line. The meal plan is wonderful and I wouldn't go to Disney without it. The Chef Mickey Dinner is great. My DH LOVES the prime rib and my 2 DS's love the ice cream sundae bar!!! Good luck with your trip. You won't be disappointed with the Contemporary.