Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss a good resort for teen in the Vacation Planning forums; Hi, guys. I'm planning to take two of my cousins (13, 14) and my sis (18) to Disney World and i'm looking for a good disney resort to stay. I ...
    rubenhan is offline A-Ticket holder

a good resort for teen

Hi, guys.

I'm planning to take two of my cousins (13, 14) and my sis (18) to Disney World and i'm looking for a good disney resort to stay.

I was thinking of Animal Lodge. But it looks like it's more catered towards the younger children.

Grand Floridian just doesn't look like it worths the money. Just don't know if it has enough character to it.

Anyways, what other resorts would you recommend? We don't need All-Star Resort since we won't be doing sports there.

Thanks a bunch

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    First of all to the forums!

I wouldnt consider Animal Kingdom Lodge to be smaller child oriented at all. I guess it would depend on what level of resort you are looking at (value, moderate, deluxe). An All-Star resort doesnt really have anything to do with Sports other than their proximity to Disney's wide world of sports. I can give you my favorites from each category and ones I would like to stay at/ have already stayed at (I am 19)

Value: Pop Century
    Moderate: Either Port Orleans Resorts (Riverside, French Quarter)
    Deluxe: Beach Club, Polynesian

Have a great trip!
    Last edited by nicks10; 03-30-2008 at 02:53 AM.
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

Hey nick. Thank you for your reply.

Can I ask you why you like Beach Club and Polynesian?

ftg09 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I think they would love Animal Kingdom Lodge if you wanted to stay there. I went there when I was about that age and thought it was really neat...for any age. It depends on what their interested in I guess. The hotel is really nice and is full of African culture, and seeing all of the animals roaming around the park grounds was deffinatly a highlight. Hotel employees even have night vision binoculars for you to use at night if you choose to observe the animals then. The rooms were very nice and the pool was as well. I also enjoyed the restaurants. I don't think it's aimed towrads younger children. (hope that helps!)

satijp is offline Fastpass Holder
    I think a great resort for teens might be Boardwalk... they have ESPN Club, a binch of different types of restaurants, a pretty cool pool, arcades, sports and watersports. They also have a wide variety of rooms available. Plus you can take a boat to the Studios and EPCOT.
    If you're looking more toward the moderate range, I agree with Port Orleans - either side really - but teens may enjoy French Quarter a little more.
    -Tanya

Jan '07 Pop Century, Mar '07 Day Trip, April '07 Off Property, May '07 OKW, July '07 POR, Oct '07 Pop Century (& MNSSHP!!!), Dec '07 Day Trip

Jan '08 POR
    Feb '08 Pop
    Mar '08 Off Property
    April '08 AS Sports - I think - still gotta book it

Pigeon is offline Care of: "Mike Wazowski, you've got your life back" lane
    I agree with Nicks10. Polynesian is absolutely beautiful, and it has one of the best pools on property. It has tons of character; very well decorated and themed. Its on the monorail line, which is a plus because it makes travel that much easier. The Beach Club is also great, because there's so much to do close by. You can walk to Epcot, the Boardwalk is right there to explore, as well as the Swan and Dolphin, and there's access to minigolf. The Yacht Club is also a good choice, its right beside the Beach club and has what might be the best pool on property. Any deluxe resort you choose would be fantastic (although I agree with you about the Grand Floridian, and I recommend Polynesian, Yacht or Beach Club, or the Contemporary.)

Its kind of fun to do the impossible - W. Disney

Sharpays Mom is offline A-Ticket holder
    I would suggest either Port Orleans riverside (large arcade, boats to rent that you don't need to have a driver's license for, large pool with slide and smaller pools for sunbathing).

brad9008 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    yeah port orleans riverside is a good hotel to stay in when your there

Hey guys, thank you.

We've decided to go with the animal lodge. I just want to get some insights from the people who've been there.
    I heard there is a construction going on right now. How intrusive is the construction? Also, what's the difference between the villa and the lodge and which one do you recommend? Is Savanah view worth the extra cost?

THanks,

ftg09 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Is Savanah view worth the extra cost?
    It depends on what you want. When I went with my family we had a pool view. It was just a short walk down to the savanah viewing area and we were still able to really enjoy the experience. Some people do however feel that the savanah view is worth the extra money. It just depends on your personal preference and finances.

i hope you have a great time when you go.

GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    we usually like to get a savannah view bc we like to be able to see the animals from our room...it's something different and special...with that being said, we have had a view of the pool and that was nice too.
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney

LisaAnn is offline C-Ticket Holder

Well, personally, being a teenager and all (Im 18), I love The Boardwalk!
    It is my personal favorite resort...there's so much to do on the property, just walking around. Plus, there's also the fact that the hotel is in walking distance of Epcot, and a short boat-ride away from Hollywood Studios. Its perfect...a little more expensive, but its worth it, i think!
    ~Lisa~
    DCP Fall 2012: Strollers/Main Entrance Merchandise, Magic Kingdom
    Vacations to WDW: 20
    Vacations to DL: 2

and pop century is a nice hotel