Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Hotel near the Orange County Convention Center in the Vacation Planning forums; Alright, I have a convention I am going to for work at the Orange County Convention Center and I can not imagine going to Orlando without making a quick stop ...
    Artemis908 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Hotel near the Orange County Convention Center

Alright, I have a convention I am going to for work at the Orange County Convention Center and I can not imagine going to Orlando without making a quick stop to Disney World! I don't think I could get away with staying on property if the hotel is not near the convention center, but does anyone have any recommendations for a hotel that is reasonably close to the convention center AND Disney World?

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis908 View Post
    Alright, I have a convention I am going to for work at the Orange County Convention Center and I can not imagine going to Orlando without making a quick stop to Disney World! I don't think I could get away with staying on property if the hotel is not near the convention center, but does anyone have any recommendations for a hotel that is reasonably close to the convention center AND Disney World?
    Here is a Trip Advisor post that may help........Orlando forum: Hotels near Orange County Convention Center - TripAdvisor it's a little dated but at least it will get you started
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

catiebug is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I had a training there 2 years ago. I stayed at the Peabody which was across the street from that unpleasant place and loved the hotel. I could do without ever going back to the convention center though. The hotel is on International drive and isn't too hard to get to WDW from there. If you stay at the Peabody they give you free International Drive trolley passes that will get you down to the prime outlets as well (if you are into shopping).

I think that outlet mall is right outside of the disney gates so if you didn't have a car you could easily trolley down there and hop into one of the cabs to get you to DTD.
    Sept 2010 Trip Planned!

streamlines is offline Fastpass Holder
    I am going down for Teched in June, and the Hilton is an official hotel (so thats where I am staying). Depending on your management one of those downtown disney hotels may be a good bet, yes they are not that near to the convention centre (15mins drive) but they won't look that bad on expenses (Hilton, Holiday Inn, Best Western and the other usual suspects?)
    Hayden

Done the Goofy and Survived

1st WDW Visit - Sept 05
    1st Disneyland Paris Trip - Nov 05
    1st WDW On-Site stay - Jan 08 (Polynesian)
    1st WDW Alone - Jun 08 (Work Trip, Hilton)
    1st Disneyland Hong Kong Trip - Dec 08
    1st Disneyland Trip - May 09
    1st Fan meet, Disneyland Paris - Dec 09
    40th Birthday Trip WDW - Jun 10 (Postponned)
    Christmas Trip WDW - Dec 10
    D23 Expo - Aug 11

Artemis908 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I was thinking of going to the Hilton. I would stay on property if it wouldn't look bad on my expense report. They'll wonder if I was expensing a vacation or business trip! lol So, it does sound like the Hilton may be a good option... thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by streamlines View Post
    I am going down for Teched in June, and the Hilton is an official hotel (so thats where I am staying). Depending on your management one of those downtown disney hotels may be a good bet, yes they are not that near to the convention centre (15mins drive) but they won't look that bad on expenses (Hilton, Holiday Inn, Best Western and the other usual suspects?)

Experiment_626 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I would imagine it wouldn't be too difficult to find a hotel at WDW that would be comparable in price to the Peabody — perhaps even less expensive. I would think they (TPTB) would like the idea of you saving them money. Of course, if you can't walk to the convention center, you'll have higher transportation costs once you're down there, so take that into consideration.

I was down in April for Photoshop World at the convention center. We stayed at ... I don't remember the exact name, but it was something like "The Palms" (I know it had "palms" in the name), but it was just (and I mean just) south of I4, one exit west of the Downtown Disney 535 exit. We were very close to WDW, only a few minutes from the convention center, and our hotel was all suites, I believe, which we didn't know until we walked in the door. We got it for about $75 per night.

Of course, I went down there with my wife, so she was able to drop me off at the convention center in the morning and pick me up at the end of the day.

I realize this thread is a bit old, but bumping it up might help someone else, even if it is too late to help the OP.

SSB

Stitchgirl1 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I'm at the Peabody right now, I always stay here and I absolutely love it. It's not too handy for the parks but, to be honest, I don't think there's a hotel that would be good for both the theme parks and the convention center as they aren't close to each other.

The hotel is lovely, the beds are soooo comfortable and you just can't beat their lounge pianist. Food can be pricey here but I definitely recommend the french toast and the eggs benedict in the hotel diner.

Whatever you decide, have a great time!