Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss DD Pre-trip report in the Vacation Planning forums; Where to stay - Where to stay I have denied myself WDW for almost 4 months now (the pain the pain) but am planning an emotional reunion with the happiest ...
    disneydarling is offline ...and the mome raths outgrabe

DD Pre-trip report

Where to stay - Where to stay

I have denied myself WDW for almost 4 months now (the pain the pain) but am planning an emotional reunion with the happiest place on earth for June 7-8. I will be meeting a dear friend and spending the day at Epcot and am thinking that I will most likely book us a room so as to avoid driving home late at night (plus its a great excuse to enjoy a WDW breakfast the following morning). I would like to stay in a moderate resort. Thus far the only one I have stayed at is Coronado Springs...I loved it aside from the fact that it was so big that nipping down to the lobby for a drink or forgotten toiletry was not so easy. Should I try something new? Any recomendations? I've heard Caribean beach is close to Epcot - Can you take a friendship boat or walk? How does it compare to the other resorts?
    I have also thought about booking a cabin at Ft Wilderness so that we can have seperate rooms/ more space? Any reviews on this selection - It is slightly more pricey than the mods but not unreasonable.

Overall my ideal resort would:

Be semi quiet/ secluded
    Clean
    In close proximity to Epcot (walking distance preferably)
    Fun/ whimsical
    Be geared a little more towards adults (it's a rare thing when we get to go to WDW with our respective children left in the care of others...and not that I don't adore kids...but big kids need to have fun too sometimes!)

Any thoughts fellow Disney nerds?
    Last edited by disneydarling; 04-06-2008 at 08:58 AM.
    Sisterhood of the traveling pirate in the pants: charter member

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.

disneydarling is offline ...and the mome raths outgrabe
    Breakfast?

IF we do stay overnight I would like to take my friend out for a yummy WDW breakfast before we head home. Last time we ate at Chef Mickeys and it was quite tasty and very fun but I'm wondering if a more subdued table service breakfast might be in order. What is your favorite place to nosh? Do you know of any table service breakfast joints that you would reccomend?
    Sisterhood of the traveling pirate in the pants: charter member

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...
    I have stayed at Caribbean Beach and it is a beautiful resort, but you can't walk or take the boat to Epcot. As far as I know, the only resorts that are in walking distance to Epcot are the deluxes outside the International Gateway. The bus (or driving yourself) is your only option. I liked it, but it is big and I wouldn't say that it is geared more towards adults.

I also just had the opportunity of staying in a Fort Wilderness cabin this past December and it was definitely something different. Disney does an awesome job of making it feel like you are in the middle of nowhere. I guess I didn't really feel as close to the magic as I do at other resorts. If you don't mind that, then maybe you should check it out. There seems to be a lot to do at the resort, I didn't get to check it all out. Maybe you could take the boat over to the Wilderness Lodge for some breakfast the next day if you stayed there. The cabins were very cute. They had a small living room with a murphy bed and a cute little kitchen area. Then there was a short hallway with a bathroom and bedroom which had one queen bed and a set of bunks. The theming in them was great. It could be a lot of fun to try out for one night, that's what we did before we moved over to POR. It isn't in close proximity to Epcot though.

Maybe you should check out POFQ. It's very small and quaint and very pretty. Very quiet, too. You could take the boat and maybe find some breakfast in DTD the next morning? Or ride it down to Boatright's at POR? The theming here is awesome. Again, it unfortunately isn't near Epcot.
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney