Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Yacht & Beach Club in the Vacation Planning forums; Has anyone here ever spent any time at Stormalong Bay? I've heard good things about it and am planning on checking it out...also, is it open only to Y&BC resort ...
    CapnEO is offline B-Ticket Holder

Yacht & Beach Club

Has anyone here ever spent any time at Stormalong Bay? I've heard good things about it and am planning on checking it out...also, is it open only to Y&BC resort guests or can guests from a nearby on-property resort go? I heard Disney frowns on it a bit and at one entrance, you must show your resort ID...any info?

P.S. And of course I'll be hitting up Beaches & Cream, as well, Lou!!

Thanks!!!!!

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    No, never stayed there but have eaten and walked around
    Nice place, cool theming
    Yes them only
    Yes you do depending on time of year.
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

amberpi is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnEO View Post
    Has anyone here ever spent any time at Stormalong Bay? I've heard good things about it and am planning on checking it out...also, is it open only to Y&BC resort guests or can guests from a nearby on-property resort go? I heard Disney frowns on it a bit and at one entrance, you must show your resort ID...any info?

P.S. And of course I'll be hitting up Beaches & Cream, as well, Lou!!

Thanks!!!!!
    You are not allowed entrance into SAB unless you are staying on property. When I've been there as a BC resort guest, they have asked for my key every time. I asked if we could use that pool as a Swan guest but was told no. I did not go there though and try to push the issue.

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    You are not allowed into Storm Along Bay unless you are staying AT THE YACHT OR BEACH CLUB, not just anywhere "on property". Even DVC members, who otherwise have pool-hopping privileges to all resort pools, are not allowed to use Storm Along Bay unless they're staying at the Beach Club Villas.

arge517 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Stayed at the Yacht Club in May 04. Not only did they check hotel id, but they also wristbanded us. Not sure if they still wristband, but the pool experience itself is phenomenal! Like a mini-waterpark.
    "My siestas are getting shorter & shorter......."

To dredge up this old thread.... I just got back from our 10-day trip, 2 of which were spent at the Beach Club. They did indeed check our IDs and give us wristbands to go in the pool. However, I will note that the resort IDs do not identify which resort you're staying at. That is, unless the random serial number or barcode on it does, and the CM has the ability to recognize the serial number or barcode's origin. The CM only visually inspected the resort ID, they did not run it through any kind of scanner.

s2brown is offline B-Ticket Holder
    mritty,
    I see that you have primarily stayed at the value resorts. Was the Beach Club worth the extra price? I am asking because I am thinking about staying at the Beach Club for 2 or 3 nights of my vacation next year and the rest of the time at a value resort.

It was worth it for us to stay there for two days, just for the experience of doing so. I don't think it'd be worth it for us to stay there for an entire trip. Simply because when I'm at WDW, I'm generally in the parks from opening to closing. All those wonderful amenities and decor would completely go to waste. I need a hotel room for a bed, roof, and shower....

s2brown is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Are the rooms at the Beach Club significantly larger than the rooms at Pop Century?

No, they're not. I was at the Villas in a studio, and I was actually surprised by the fact that it was not larger. Instead of two double beds, there was one queen sized bed and one queen-sized sleeper sofa. There was also a coffee table and chair. Because it was the Villas, there was also a kitchenette, but I don't think the BC/YC proper have them.

TiNkErBeLL87 is offline A-Ticket holder
    The studio rooms seem much smaller than the regular Beach club rooms to me. We normally stay at moderate resorts (I've never stayed at a value), but our room at the Beach Club seemed much larger than any other room we've stayed in at WDW. The Beach Club was absolutely worth the extra cost to us, we went in July/August and since it was so hot we spent a lot of time at the pool. I wouldn't recommend BC for a first timer simply because you would be more likely to spend more time at the parks but for someone who goes often I would try it at least once if it's possible. The pool and location made the BC worth the price.

I'd also like to add about Stormalong Bay that when they checked our resort ID they were able to tell that we were staying at the Beach Club (not Yacht for example) by the code that was on our card.