Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Animal Kingdom Lodge vs Beach Club? in the Vacation Planning forums; We're staying at the BCV this October for the first time, but we plan on visiting AKL during our stay....
    Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    We're staying at the BCV this October for the first time, but we plan on visiting AKL during our stay.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

Mmouse1026 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Thank you everyone for your responses! The more we're reading and hearing about the BC the more excited we're gettingI'm feeling REALLY good about the choice.

I called CRO yesterday and added a request for an Epcot view. SO fingers crossed on that one.

My only concern now is the transportaion. I've read quite a few negative reviews about sharing buses. Have any of you experienced problems?? We won't be renting a car, using Car service to the resort and ME on the way back to the airport.

Thanks for any feedback you have!
    Dawn

1978 Lake Buena Vista; 1988/1990 Off-Site;1995/1997 All Star Music;1996 All Star Sports;1998 FW Campgrounds;2001 Wilderness Lodge;2002/2003 AKL SSW;2004 POR SSW;2005;CBR MNSSHP;2006 POR;2006 POP Century ;2007 Wilderness Lodge ;2007 POR

Counting down until BC July 2008

SuzyQ is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Yeah! Good for you!

As for transortation, we have waited quite a while for MK and DtD busses, but that can really be said at other resorts as well. The fact that you are just a hop, skip and a jump away from Epcot and MGM makes for easy access to the parks and not feeling like you are married to the bus line.

If you are trying to get to park opening or to a reservation on time, I would allow extra time for the bus. We usually leave about an hour early - that way we can just sit back an enjoy duck watching (and people watching) on the benches while we wait.
    Suzy
    suzy@mousefantravel.com
    affiliated w/ MEI & Mouse Fan Travel

MickeyspalJim is offline Fastpass Holder
    Deb and I have stayed at the AKL twice now and We must say" it is just beautiful", but the only park that is close by is Animal Kingdom, of course! We stayed at the swan for a night in april, and true, it is great to be close to EPCOT and Hollywood studios, but boy do they stop at alot of resorts when You are heading out to any other locations. You almost want to get off at the first resort coming home and just walking to the BC. They really need to give these Deluxe Hotels there own buses. You spend enough staying here, they should not make You stop so often as You do with the value resorts. I have not stayed at the BCV yet, but I walked around them in april to check out the DVC rooms, and boy what a long walk if You get a room at the very end of one of those halls. Well, I guess every place has there Ups and downs. The BC is such a great location to many places and lots to do. Your Children, or Young adults will just love being able to walk around that Boardwalk, both day and night. Have a Great time!
    11 Pre-DVC Trips to WDW 8-1978 through 12-2006.

Our DVC/Disney Resort trips have been:

Trip #1 (Jan 31-Feb 5-07) SSR. Studio.
    Trip #2 (May 1- 8-07) OKW. Studio.
    Trip #3 (June 26-July 1-07) SSR. 1 Bdrm.
    Trip #4 (Sept 16-21-07) OKW. 1 & 2 Bdrm.
    Trip #5 (Nov 29-Dec 3-07) AKL.
    Trip #6 (Jan 26-Feb 2-08) AKL. Studio.
    Trip #7 (April 12-18-08) SSR. 1 Bdrm.
    Trip #8 (May 23-27-08) SSR. Studio.
    Trip # 9(May 27-30-08) OKW. Studio.
    Trip # 10(Sept 10-17-08) BWV. Studio
    Trip # 11 (Nov 15-21-08) VWL. 2 Bdrm.
    Trip # 12 (Dec 19-21-08) SSR. Studio.
    Trip # 13(Feb 1-6-09) SSR. 2 Bdrm.
    Trip # 14(Feb 27-Mar 1-09) AKV Studio
    Trip # 15(Apr 30-May 8-09) ASR Movies-1 nite, PO Riverside- 4 nites, SSR Studio 3 nites
    Trip # 16(July 6th-10th-09)Pop Century
    Trip # 17(Sept 18th-24th-2009)Pop Century
    Trip #18(Oct 10th-16th 2009) ASR Music-1 nite, SSR Treehouses 5 nites
    Trip #19(Jan 20th-26th 2010) OKW-4 nites, Bch Club Studio Villa 2 nites
    Trip #20(Apr 23rd-26th 2010) Caribbean Beach Resort
    Trip #21(June 18th-25th 2010) POR 2 nites, SSR 2bdrm Villa 5 Nites.

wdw-fan is offline A-Ticket holder
    i wouldnt really listen to what mickeyspaljim is saying, ive stayed at the beachclub and it is amazing, the bus rides really arent as bad as he is making them out to be... and your pretty much guaranteed to have to walk in disney so i dont no why having to walk a little extra to get to your room would be a problem!... But i think you made a great choice with staying at bc... the pool is amazing and theres so much to do around your resort, and a huge plus is that you can walk to epcot, and hollywood studios is only a short boat ride away.

Quote Originally Posted by wdw-fan View Post
    i wouldnt really listen to what mickeyspaljim is saying, ive stayed at the beachclub and it is amazing, the bus rides really arent as bad as he is making them out to be... and your pretty much guaranteed to have to walk in disney so i dont no why having to walk a little extra to get to your room would be a problem!... But i think you made a great choice with staying at bc... the pool is amazing and theres so much to do around your resort, and a huge plus is that you can walk to epcot, and hollywood studios is only a short boat ride away.
    First of all. Thanks for telling someone to ignore what is only an opinion! Second of all. You Do have to walk at disney, but My point was that after walking in the parks all day, then getting back to the resort, having to walk a distance at Your resort would be a negative. And last of all, in april We had reservations at the cape may cafe and had to leave the park we were at way, way before our dinner res. because You first stop at The swan, dolphin, Yacht club, then finally the beach club. If you like stopping that many places before you get to your resort then, I must not know what I am talking about, and only You do. Can You imagine a late night return to your resort at bc when the same bus stop is servicing all those different hotel resorts and they don't run bus after bus to take up the load of riders? You can't tell Me that there is not going to be times when You have to wait for a few buses and have to stop at that many resorts just to get to yours which as everyone knows costs alot of money and should get better treatment. That was my point. Every resort has a good day where You don't wait, and the trip is smooth, but these threads are read by people who are coming at busy times and also others that have little children who are tired and trust Me, they are not happy about the crowded bus and the many stops before they can get there children back to the room. Please don't over simplify what I said because it may have worked for You at the boardwalk.

Trip # 15(Apr 30-May 8-09) ASR Movies-1 nite, PO Riverside- 4 nites, SSR Studio 3 nites

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyspalJim View Post
    First of all. Thanks for telling someone to ignore what is only an opinion! Second of all. You Do have to walk at disney, but My point was that after walking in the parks all day, then getting back to the resort, having to walk a distance at Your resort would be a negative. And last of all, in april We had reservations at the cape may cafe and had to leave the park we were at way, way before our dinner res. because You first stop at The swan, dolphin, Yacht club, then finally the beach club. If you like stopping that many places before you get to your resort then, I must not know what I am talking about, and only You do. Can You imagine a late night return to your resort at bc when the same bus stop is servicing all those different hotel resorts and they don't run bus after bus to take up the load of riders? You can't tell Me that there is not going to be times when You have to wait for a few buses and have to stop at that many resorts just to get to yours which as everyone knows costs alot of money and should get better treatment. That was my point. Every resort has a good day where You don't wait, and the trip is smooth, but these threads are read by people who are coming at busy times and also others that have little children who are tired and trust Me, they are not happy about the crowded bus and the many stops before they can get there children back to the room. Please don't over simplify what I said because it may have worked for You at the boardwalk.
    Ok, im not over simplifying anything, and every resort has problems with there busses, but you making the busses sound horrible isnt going to make people want to stay there. ive had a room there that was far away, in beach club and it didnt really bother me, so i guess then if it bothers you to have to walk then i guess your entitled to think that.

Ok, im not over simplifying anything, and every resort has problems with there busses, but you making the busses sound horrible isnt going to make people want to stay there. ive had a room there that was far away, in beach club and it didnt really bother me, so i guess then if it bothers you to have to walk then i guess your entitled to think that.
    I have no problems with walking. I have stayed at many of the resorts at disney and most of them have a walk just to get to there bus stops. My point and these threads are supposed to be to tell the good as well as the bad points of resorts, was that a resort like this should have its own bus, or at least only share it with one other. Please check any resort review on any website and You will see that they will offer both the good and the bad points of any resorts. There is not a person alive who I could say loves Disney more than I, but this thread started out with someone asking our opinions about the two resorts they were choosing between. Sorry that My response, and only My response upset You so Much.

I have no problems with walking. I have stayed at many of the resorts at disney and most of them have a walk just to get to there bus stops. My point and these threads are supposed to be to tell the good as well as the bad points of resorts, was that a resort like this should have its own bus, or at least only share it with one other. Please check any resort review on any website and You will see that they will offer both the good and the bad points of any resorts. There is not a person alive who I could say loves Disney more than I, but this thread started out with someone asking our opinions about the two resorts they were choosing between. Sorry that My response, and only My response upset You so Much.
    i apreciate your apology, im also sorry, i dont think we should be arguing about the happiest place on earth. i just thought you were saying more bad then good, and i apologize for telling them to ignore your opinion.

i apreciate your apology, im also sorry, i dont think we should be arguing about the happiest place on earth. i just thought you were saying more bad then good, and i apologize for telling them to ignore your opinion.
    Being that You have stayed at the Boardwalk resort, Maybe You could help Me with a question. I am reciently recovering from surgery and When We go to the resort I was thinking of packing less and using the Laundry. We are staying in a Studio villa with out washers and was wondering if You happen to have seen where the laundry would be there. Thanks for Your help. I am so looking forward to staying there and Hanging out on the boardwalk. Thanks again.

Being that You have stayed at the Boardwalk resort, Maybe You could help Me with a question. I am reciently recovering from surgery and When We go to the resort I was thinking of packing less and using the Laundry. We are staying in a Studio villa with out washers and was wondering if You happen to have seen where the laundry would be there. Thanks for Your help. I am so looking forward to staying there and Hanging out on the boardwalk. Thanks again.
    I wish i could help but i dont recall where the laundry was at. but i can pretty much guaruntee you will love the boardwalk inn, but if you need any other questions i would be happy to answer. i hope your recovery goes well.

I wish i could help but i dont recall where the laundry was at. but i can pretty much guaruntee you will love the boardwalk inn, but if you need any other questions i would be happy to answer. i hope your recovery goes well.
    That is very sweet of You to say! Thank You for that. I am hoping to find a nice place for breakfast nearby. We have dinner and lunch set up, but it would be nice to have a coffee and sometype of breakfast food to start the day off.

That is very sweet of You to say! Thank You for that. I am hoping to find a nice place for breakfast nearby. We have dinner and lunch set up, but it would be nice to have a coffee and sometype of breakfast food to start the day off.
    we went to the bakery thats on the board walk every morning i believe, and got cresants, donuts and coffee, but if your looking for like real food i think the closest place was the buffet thats in the beach club. we also went over to THE Land, in epcot and ate, then would catch a bus from epcot to whatever park we wanted to go to

we went to the bakery thats on the board walk every morning i believe, and got cresants, donuts and coffee, but if your looking for like real food i think the closest place was the buffet thats in the beach club. we also went over to THE Land, in epcot and ate, then would catch a bus from epcot to whatever park we wanted to go to
    Cool, Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12