Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Pets at the Polynesian? in the Vacation Planning forums; I'm pretty sure this is just incorrect or possibly old information, but my mother was searching around the internet for websites about the Polynesian resort since we are staying there ...
    Sorria is offline Fastpass Holder

Pets at the Polynesian?

I'm pretty sure this is just incorrect or possibly old information, but my mother was searching around the internet for websites about the Polynesian resort since we are staying there in a few months.

My mother has come across two sites now while she was looking for information on the different longhouses and what views they offer, that the Polynesian allows pets for an extra fee. To my knowledge, no Disney resort (except the campground) allows or has ever allowed for someone to bring pets. But am I wrong? Did the Poly used to allow pets? Did Disney suddenly change their policy without me knowing and start allowing pets in the resorts?
    Upcoming Trips to WDW:

Dec 6-10: Disney Wonder
    Dec 10-19: Port Orleans French Quarter

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    As far as I know, pets are not allowed in the rooms at any Disney resort. They can stay with you at your campsite at Ft. Wilderness, but not the cabins there.

The info I found says that pets of resort guests may stay overnight in the WDW kennels (for an additional fee) - maybe the info your mom found was just oversimplifying that?
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

tigger_03 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydame2004 View Post
    As far as I know, pets are not allowed in the rooms at any Disney resort. They can stay with you at your campsite at Ft. Wilderness, but not the cabins there.

The info I found says that pets of resort guests may stay overnight in the WDW kennels (for an additional fee) - maybe the info your mom found was just oversimplifying that?
    Everything I've read says that pets are only allowed at the WDW kennels and select full-hook up campsites at Ft. Wilderness (but not the cabins). All Ears states that Disney has no plans to allow pets to stay in resort rooms.
    All Ears: Info on Kennels

Staying on site this year

Previous trips 1986 & 2003