Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss 2 adults and 3 kids in a room at WDW??? in the Vacation Planning forums; I just called Disney to find out about having 2 adults and 3 kids (ages 9, 8 and 5) in a room. My friend and I were planning to bring ...
    jenagirl116 is offline A-Ticket holder

Question 2 adults and 3 kids in a room at WDW???

I just called Disney to find out about having 2 adults and 3 kids (ages 9, 8 and 5) in a room. My friend and I were planning to bring our kids to WDW for 3 days and share a room. Her kids are small and she was just going to sleep with both of them in a bed and my daughter and I in the other bed. I called and asked if this was Ok and a very rude lady told me no like I was the stupidest person in the world for even suggesting such a thing. She said "Disney would have a big problem with that" in a tone that I thought was very un-Disney. I asked her why and she said that the fire codes would not allow more than 4 people in a room unless it was a deluxe or suite. Does anyone know if this is true? In other Orlando hotels you can normally 5 people in one room, so I wonder if this really fire code or Disney code. I asked her about why the other hotels off property would allow it and Disney wouldn't, and she said "they don't have the big Disney name". I don't see how the "big Disney name" effects fire codes. Well anyway, we can't afford a deluxe, suite or even 2 rooms so I guess we won't be going. Needless to say we are really disappointed because we really wanted to stay at WDW.
    Jennifer
    Viera, Florida

"Fantasy and reality often overlap." óWalt Disney

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    The rooms at the values and moderates are small. It is not "Disney" that enforces this. It is the fire code. The fire code determines how many people can be housed in an area of a certain size.

I have to assume that the woman meant that a smaller non-Disney hotel can get away with it because no one's out to "get" them for media and public relations reasons. If Disney was in violation of the fire code, we'd be hearing about it non stop.

There are some rooms in the Alligator Bayou section of Port Orleans that will hold 5. None of the values will do so.

Here's a complete list of the Disney resorts that will sleep five:
    Basic Disney Resort Information

jenagirl116 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by mritty View Post
    There are some rooms in the Alligator Bayou section of Port Orleans that will hold 5. None of the values will do so.
    Well, I guess it makes sense for the value resorts. However, it was mentioned that the Riverside Alligator Bayou rooms will allow 5 but they are the same size of all the other moderate resorts rooms at 314 square feet, and smaller in the case of Caribbean Beach rooms which are 340 square feet, why would the fire code change just because of a trundle bed? Isn't the fire code based on the actual square footage of the room?
    Jennifer
    Viera, Florida

"Fantasy and reality often overlap." óWalt Disney

Jennifer, you should check into one of the suites at All Star Music. We haven't had to book one of these yet, but the next time we go to WDW we will be in the same boat. Our youngest has turned 3 since our last trip so we can no longer have 5 of us in a regular Value Resort room.

eeyore1954 is offline A-Ticket holder
    If it is too much too stay at the hotels that allow five there are plenty of economical nice hotels off property. Springhill Suites by Marriot is close , a nice hotel and usually about the same as the value hotel price.