Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Adjoining Rooms at Pop Century in the Vacation Planning forums; I asked the question below about having 5 in a room, but I was wondering about adjoining rooms. Can you get them at Pop Century? If I do book two ...
    jenagirl116 is offline A-Ticket holder

Question Adjoining Rooms at Pop Century

I asked the question below about having 5 in a room, but I was wondering about adjoining rooms. Can you get them at Pop Century? If I do book two rooms will Disney guarantee the rooms will be adjoining or can they split up us up?
    Jennifer
    Viera, Florida

"Fantasy and reality often overlap." óWalt Disney

tiggerguy is offline one of the good guys
    Quote Originally Posted by jenagirl116 View Post
    I asked the question below about having 5 in a room, but I was wondering about adjoining rooms. Can you get them at Pop Century? If I do book two rooms will Disney guarantee the rooms will be adjoining or can they split up us up?
    What you probably want is "connecting" rooms (doors between each room) and I believe Pop does have some.
    Adjoining means next (no door between) or close to each other. As always Disney can't guarantee an exact location.

All Star Music has "family suites" that sleep up to six, these cost roughly the same as 2 separate rooms and have a kitchenette.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Disney says they won't guarantee any requests, including connecting rooms, but if you make sure to specify that the one room will have only the kids in it, they will do everything short of cutting a door through the wall to make sure your rooms are connecting.

Brian is correct - if you want a door between the two rooms, be sure to say connecting, not adjacent.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    It worked two out of 3 times for adjoining rooms. We asked for them with the reservation, checked before we left and reminded at check-in.

The two times it worked they were on the ressie. The last time my Mom had booked her own ressie (being independent at that moment, err) and her flight came in before ours, so she checked in. That was the time it didn't work.
    We were at POR. We were in the Bayou's and she was in the Mansions on the other side of the river taboot!
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

SuzyQ is offline C-Ticket Holder
    When traveling with two adults and three children for only two rooms, Disney will note that your rooms are "guaranteed connecting" on your reservation. Just be sure to confirm when making the reservation and, as always, just double check when you check in so that you do not have the hassle of going back and forth from your room to the front desk.

Two connecting rooms will be a smidge lower than the All-Star Family suite. Even less would be the one room at the Riverside (with the small trundle).

Hope that helps!
    Suzy
    suzy@mousefantravel.com
    affiliated w/ MEI & Mouse Fan Travel

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzyQ View Post
    When traveling with two adults and three children for only two rooms, Disney will note that your rooms are "guaranteed connecting" on your reservation. Just be sure to confirm when making the reservation and, as always, just double check when you check in so that you do not have the hassle of going back and forth from your room to the front desk.

Two connecting rooms will be a smidge lower than the All-Star Family suite. Even less would be the one room at the Riverside (with the small trundle).

Hope that helps!

We thought about the Family Suites until we read that two of the "beds" were a chair/ottoman thing. My children wouldn't have liked that so it was worth having two connecting rooms even though I thought it would be nice to have the kitchentte thing. But it all worked out last trip.

We were "guaranteed" connecting because of children in one room, adults in the other though on the reservation they do split up the adults. Just be sure and ask for that when you make your reservations. They have been most helpful with this.

luvpluto72 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Last time we went to Pop Century I booked our reservations on Disney's website and requested "connecting" rooms because we were traveling with my in-laws. They did accomodate my request. It is probably one of those things where they will do it if they can but they won't guarantee it.
    1978-off site
    1986-Polynesian
    1991-Caribbean Beach
    1992-off site
    1994-Disneyland
    2002-All Star Music
    2004-Pop Century
    2007-Pop Century
    2009-still deciding on resort
    Many more in future!

"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."óWalt Disney