Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Room request for Beach Club? in the Vacation Planning forums; We are going to Disney in December and I convinced my DH to stay at the Beach Club this time. My kids have wanted to stay at the BC ever ...
    princessmom17 is offline A-Ticket holder

Smile Room request for Beach Club?

We are going to Disney in December and I convinced my DH to stay at the Beach Club this time. My kids have wanted to stay at the BC ever since they heard about Stormalong Bay. We have always stayed at the Contemporary and enjoyed the proximity to MK and the use of the monorail. He was a little apprehensive about staying at the Beach Club so I want to make this a positive experience. We have a standard view room.

Does anyone have any suggestions about making a room request for something that is centrally located to the bus stop, food court, and Stormalong Bay? I've never been there so I'm not sure what to request. Also how are the buses to and from MK? Do they come pretty frequently? Thanks in advance.

eeyore1954 is offline A-Ticket holder
    We have stayed at the Beach or Yacht Club many times and while I do not remember exactly how often the buses run I would say for going to the MAgic Kingdom you have to expect it will take on average of at least 15-20 minutes longer than from the Contemporary. The monorail does run more frquently and the ride is longer on the bus. Sometimes you get there just as the bus arrives and other times you will have just missed it. Although I find my kids even enjoy waiting at the bus stop and the bus ride.
    I don't recall ever waiting more than 15 minutes. If you leave at closing time the wait for the bus can be trying (especially if you have a sleeping little one in your arms) but the wait for the monorail is tough also at that time.

On the other hand you can walk to EPCOT or take the boat directly to MGM.

I have no suggestion for the room . We always request a certain room at the Yacht Club but it is the furthest room from the main part of the hotel. They can probably help you if you can call the front desk. The Yacht has always been helpful in trying to get the room we want although they never guarantee it.