Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Which Pop Century Building? in the Vacation Planning forums; So I'm fairly certain I will be going back to Walt Disney World in January of 2009! I'm also pretty sure I will be staying at Pop Century and was ...
    nicks10 is offline @nick_straka

Which Pop Century Building?

So I'm fairly certain I will be going back to Walt Disney World in January of 2009! I'm also pretty sure I will be staying at Pop Century and was wondering which section/building is the best in terms of loudness and proximity to the main building/busses. Please let me know what you think and why. Thanks
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

Anyone?
    -Nick

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    nick, here is a map of Pop Century that may help. I've only stayed in the 50's so I really can't compare to the other buildings.
    Pop Century Map
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

emabee is offline Not too much longer til I'm in the World again!!!
    I've stayed in the 70's and we loved it. There is a walk to the cafeteria and lobby but we were on the back side of the 70's overlooking Hourglass Lake and it was quiet.
    http://pinefrog.com/DWT/vana.htm

Disney things I love:

The Capt'n:
    Pirates:
    Magic Kingdom:
    All things Alice:

Benjo is offline Cranium Commando
    I've stayed in the 60's and 80's buildings. 60's are great because they're so close to the main building. 80's were a little bit of a walk, but I loved the atmosphere since I grew up in that decade.

I'd say just pick you favorite decade and go with it. The place isn't that big, so your walk isn't too bad from any location.

You see the hat? I am Mrs. Nesbitt!

wdw4us2 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Jensen Beach, FL - 2 hours from the Mouse House
    We like the 70's building. You can park in the 80's parking lot and it's not too far to walk. It's also not a bad walk to the food court or the bus stop.

Besides, I really like the Mickey phone in front of the building. We have three of the real ones in our house!
    Lisa

"No capes!"

Thanks for the info guys! I'm leaning towards the 50s, I'm interested to see if they have any classic Disneyland decor!
    -Nick

First Timer is offline I saw the Mouse now I want to go back!
    I'll leave yuo know after I get back on the 31
    Loni

First Trip- Jan. 07, POFQ
    Second Trip- May 08, Pop Century

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by nicks10 View Post
    Thanks for the info guys! I'm leaning towards the 50s, I'm interested to see if they have any classic Disneyland decor!

No I don't remember any classic Disney decor other then Lady and the Tramp, it was mostly stuff like records (45's), juteboxes, bowling pins and a bowling pin shaped pool. Check out allears.net I'm sure they have pic there
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

wdw4us2 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Jensen Beach, FL - 2 hours from the Mouse House
    Quote Originally Posted by nicks10 View Post
    If you're looking for classic Disneyland decor, make sure you check out the display cases in the check-in area. There are several of them on the back wall - one for each decade. They are loaded with Disneyana, many items which will be familiar from your childhood! I spent over an hour looking at each case and taking pictures!
    Lisa

"No capes!"

Awesome, thanks for the info guys!
    -Nick

Annette is offline A-Ticket holder
    I was just there last week and stayed in the 50's building. It was a very short walk to the Main building and right there for checking in the luggage on the last morning. Very quiet.

I have also stayed in the 90's building. I liked it over there as it was quite, but that was a trip that I was using a car and not using Disney transportation.
    Annette
    annette@mousefantravel.com

I got a response from the Fabulous Annette Owens!? Haha, thanks, I'm pretty sure I'll be requesting a room in the 1950s.
    -Nick

brad9008 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    i like the 50's buildings because there right by the lobby

lexitoad is offline B-Ticket Holder
    We just stayed at the 50's building with tramp outside of it. I never really felt it was that far and the pool in that area was never really loud. The majority of the kids were in the flower pool due to the misting flowers. It was also easy for us to park the car in the shade for the day that we had it. I think it was just far enough to be out of the way of the main traffic but easy enough to get to the lobby, the food court area, and buses.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast