Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Port Orleans Riverside or French Quarter in the Vacation Planning forums; I was wondering how many people prefer Riverside over French Quarter or vice versa? I have stayed at Riverside four times in the past and enjoy the quite even peace ...
    Bubba88 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Port Orleans Riverside or French Quarter

I was wondering how many people prefer Riverside over French Quarter or vice versa? I have stayed at Riverside four times in the past and enjoy the quite even peace of it. ( I know hard to believe at a Disney resort) But many people tell me that they enjoy the French Quarter over the Riverside. Just wanted to know peoples thoughts on this, going down in October and need to make res in the next week or so.

I stayed at POR 2 weeks ago and found that I liked POFQ better. Mainly because it was smaller. The theming of both resorts is wonderful.

Try POFQ and see what you think.

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

ftg09 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I've stayed at both places and enjoyed both Riverside and French Quarter. I do, however, like FQ a little bit more because of the themeing and overall feel. When I was younger, I liked FQ because of the "awesome" dragon slide at the pool. No matter which resort you decide to stay at, you'll have a wonderful vacation!

It's amazing how many people tell me they like the French Quarter over the Riverside. Here's another question, is it me or does it seem bus transportation is quicker to the parks at FQ and RS?

lobaugo is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I LOVE the French Quarter! It is so much smaller than Riverside and FQ people are the first ones to be picked up and the first ones to left offed with the buses which is very much appreciated after long days in the parks. I feel the only upside that Riverside has over French Quarter is that Riverside has a sit down restaurant, but I feel that French Quarter's "fast food" restaurant is very nice.

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse
    I'm a Riverside Fan. Have statyed there 4 times and very muche nejoyed it. It's a biyt quieter, I lik that a lot
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

dsnyqwn1 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I love Riverside. Its quiet. We have stayed there several times, the last in 2004. We stayed in the Alligator Bayou #18. It was a quiet room but not to far from the food court and the main bus stop. We will request that building again or even # 14.

PlutoGirl is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I love POFQ! In fairness I haven't stayed at Riverside as of yet, but I love that in FQ every room seems to be a good one. Close to the bus, food, pool, without being a long haul. Admittedly, I'm addicted to the beignets and eat them almost every day that I'm there...so I may be biased by the food.
    Disney Lover and Mom of 2 little guys (ages 4 and 2)
    Royal Plaza '84, P.O Fr. Qtr '93, Off-site Honeymoon 2003, Off-site 2007(first visit for boys), CR/FW Cabin January 2009, planning FW Cabin May 2010 now...

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I liked how close everything is at French Quarter.

princessariel is offline Fastpass Holder
    I've only stayed at FQ. I loved the smaller feel of the resort.
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

March '03-All Star Movies

March '06-All Star Movies

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

Nov'14 All Star Sports-F&WF W&D 1/2 Marathon!

suznels is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I've stayed at both and while they are both fantastic, I really preferred POFQ! As others have stated, the small size is fabulous and makes every location a good one. It is so charming and beautiful with the lovely cobblestone "streets" and gas lamps. We found both resorts to be very quiet too.
    Suzie

brad9008 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    i like riverside better

Talking

You guys are really making me want to give FQ a try.

tasha36 is offline Dreaming....
    Stayed a FQ and visited Riverside. Loved both, but FQ seemed quieter and more romantic - perfect for our honeymoon.
    Tasha

1981 - Offsite
    1983 - Offsite
    1987 - Offsite
    1990 - Offsite
    1993 - Offsite
    2002 - All Star Movies
    2006 - Coronado Springs
    2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2014 - Whole family trip! (Thanks Dad!)
    2015 - Three trips in a row?? Fingers crossed

britney05 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I have never stayed at french quarter (so I can't really give a fair opinion) but I think that it seems like the rooms wouldn't be as cozy as riverside. French quarter seems too "prissy", for lack of a better word...not roomy and comfortable like riverside. Just my opinion though, our family has to stay at riverside though because we have 5 people and french quarter can only room 4, so...i love riverside, i dont think i'd stay anywhere else actually.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast