Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Considering Coronado Springs '09 in the Vacation Planning forums; Depending on airfare increases, higher gas prices and similar economic factors, I have added Coronado Springs to my "short list" of resorts for next year's trip. Over the last few ...
    Serkazong is offline Keep to the code.

Considering Coronado Springs '09

Depending on airfare increases, higher gas prices and similar economic factors, I have added Coronado Springs to my "short list" of resorts for next year's trip. Over the last few years, the industry I work in has been pretty stable and we have been able to afford stays in few different "deluxe" resorts with the Polynesian being our favorite for both it's themeing and location. We had been talking about trying the Boardwalk Resort or going back to the Polynesian for the 2009 trip, but Coronado Springs looks so nice and the room pricing would be a big savings and maybe even allow a longer stay. I was wondering if any of you had ever stayed there and if so, how does it compare with other moderates and/or deluxe resorts? The most important factors would be:
    1. Resort theme
    2. Convienence to parks
    3. Cost
    4. Ease of navigation (to pools, food etc.)
    From what I read on the forums, CSR is as nice as some deluxe resorts @ WDW, but others have said that it feels too big and the transportation system is convoluted. I am really on the fence about this so any advice, opinions or experiences you would like to share would be a big help. Thanks

disneydarling is offline ...and the mome raths outgrabe
    I LOVE Coronado Springs! It feels like a deluxe with a moderate price tag.

1) The theme is the American Southwest/ Mexico - Each of the areas has a different theme - I like the Ranchos the best, but they are the furthest from the lobby, The pool is amazing

2) CSR is very close to AK...and just a very short ride to the other parks - I found it easy to get everywhere from here

3) As a Fla Resident I pay 149/night....I think it is well worth the money

4) It is a big resort but not unwalkable...If you don't like to hoof it ask for a room near to the lobby. There are also buses that can take you to and from. There are quiet pools in every area and the main pool is very central to everything
    Sisterhood of the traveling pirate in the pants: charter member

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.

bety is offline Disney World Beast
    Compared to the other moderate resorts, I would say that the Coronado has the best theming and the best overall atmosphere. Every single part of the resort looks and feels like Mexico/American Southwest. Also, it definitely feels "fancier" than the others. It is by far my favorite of the moderates, and although I have never stayed at a deluxe resort, I do think that the Coronado is a good alternative.
    July 1994- off site
    February 1999- Port Orleans Riverside
    March 2000- Caribbean Beach
    January 2004- off site
    February 2006- Pop Century
    April 2006- off site
    January 2007- Pop Century
    December 2007- Coronado Springs
    December 2008- Pop Century
    December 2009- Coronado Springs/All Star Sports
    Next trip: December 2010- All Star Music

Ok, sounds like CSR would be a good option- maybe building 9B if available. I have also read that they have golf carts cruising the grounds that you can flag down for a ride from place to place. I wonder if any of the rooms on the West end have a view of Everest @ AK?

redheadbrown is offline Annual Passholder
    We have stayed at Coronado Springs a few times and have loved it. It is very nice and feels very authentic. The Myan Pool is really cool! I would totally recommend CSR.
    -Zac

Piglit is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Serkazong View Post
    Ok, sounds like CSR would be a good option- maybe building 9B if available. I have also read that they have golf carts cruising the grounds that you can flag down for a ride from place to place.
    CSR is our favourite resort, the theming is beautiful. Take a walk around the lake in the evening, wonderful.
    Building 9B is a very short walk from main building and the bus stop.
    The CMs in golf carts will stop and ask if you need a lift.
    "Peace, Love & Mickey Mouse"

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    It's my favorite resort too! They have great resturants and a night club of sorts. The themeing is reall nice too! They have a big main pool then a few smaller pools. I would consider it!
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

ChrisX is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I have stayed at the CSR and I really do like it. There are definitely a few pluses to it.

-The grounds are indeed very pretty,clean and well kept.
    -The food court was very good as far as resort food courts go!!
    -Never had a problem with the bus system. You don't share buses with other resorts so that is helpful.

It is a convention resort, I know sometimes people don't like convention resorts for whatever reason, but I had no problem with it all. As far as the walking goes, it is a rather large resort, and we did have a little bit of a walk, but never found it a burden. You may want to keep that in mind though when making your room request.

Overall I would definitely stay there again and if it makes your budget easier don't hesitate to stay there!!

allie cat is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Coronado rocks the casbah

The best food, and a million choices for a good price.
    Gorgeous lake, nature path, and landscaping.
    Big store, two arcades, a little shop with healthy snacks, snack bar at the pool
    Huge pool with the best theming and a water slide.
    Built in a circle, so all walks are short and drop-dead gorgeous - three bus stops, and no sharing of buses with other resorts.
    Bike, canoe and mini boats rentals available - an experience you don't get at value and some moderates.
    Closest resort to blizzard beach and just a couple minutes from animal kingdom and Studios parks! (a good distance from magic kingdom tho(
    Three different areas with distinct designs and landscape representing various tex/mex regions - you can go several times and still have a different experience.

Since this is also Disney's "convention center," the staff is top notch and attentive, and I think the rooms are a bit bigger and nicer than at other midrange resorts.

If there is any disadvantage it would be that there are some corporate traveler types, but they are usually in the bar or off at the meeting facility and we haven't found that to be any distraction from the "Disney magic"

Hope this helps!

Dana

MickeyspalJim is offline Fastpass Holder
    We stayed at Coronado Springs and It really is a beautiful resort. Very cool pool in the middle. It's large, but still worth the price. The resort looks fantastic at night as well. Great mood lighting!
    11 Pre-DVC Trips to WDW 8-1978 through 12-2006.

Our DVC/Disney Resort trips have been:

Trip #1 (Jan 31-Feb 5-07) SSR. Studio.
    Trip #2 (May 1- 8-07) OKW. Studio.
    Trip #3 (June 26-July 1-07) SSR. 1 Bdrm.
    Trip #4 (Sept 16-21-07) OKW. 1 & 2 Bdrm.
    Trip #5 (Nov 29-Dec 3-07) AKL.
    Trip #6 (Jan 26-Feb 2-08) AKL. Studio.
    Trip #7 (April 12-18-08) SSR. 1 Bdrm.
    Trip #8 (May 23-27-08) SSR. Studio.
    Trip # 9(May 27-30-08) OKW. Studio.
    Trip # 10(Sept 10-17-08) BWV. Studio
    Trip # 11 (Nov 15-21-08) VWL. 2 Bdrm.
    Trip # 12 (Dec 19-21-08) SSR. Studio.
    Trip # 13(Feb 1-6-09) SSR. 2 Bdrm.
    Trip # 14(Feb 27-Mar 1-09) AKV Studio
    Trip # 15(Apr 30-May 8-09) ASR Movies-1 nite, PO Riverside- 4 nites, SSR Studio 3 nites
    Trip # 16(July 6th-10th-09)Pop Century
    Trip # 17(Sept 18th-24th-2009)Pop Century
    Trip #18(Oct 10th-16th 2009) ASR Music-1 nite, SSR Treehouses 5 nites
    Trip #19(Jan 20th-26th 2010) OKW-4 nites, Bch Club Studio Villa 2 nites
    Trip #20(Apr 23rd-26th 2010) Caribbean Beach Resort
    Trip #21(June 18th-25th 2010) POR 2 nites, SSR 2bdrm Villa 5 Nites.

tasha36 is offline Dreaming....
    To add my opinion, CS is a great resort. Although it is large, it didn't take that long to get from place to place. The pool is fantastic and we loved the food court. The view across the lake is stunning - especially at sunrise/sunset. We would certainly go back again.
    Tasha

1981 - Offsite
    1983 - Offsite
    1987 - Offsite
    1990 - Offsite
    1993 - Offsite
    2002 - All Star Movies
    2006 - Coronado Springs
    2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2014 - Whole family trip! (Thanks Dad!)
    2015 - Three trips in a row?? Fingers crossed

Thanks for the information everyone. Sounds like this may be an excellent option for '09.