Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Postcards for Discounted Resort Rates Are Out! in the Vacation Planning forums; Keep your eyes on the mailbox folks! The WDW Pin Code Postcards are making their way to Disney fans once again. I was thrilled to open my mailbox tonight to ...
    Love That Duck is offline D-Ticket Holder

Postcards for Discounted Resort Rates Are Out!

Keep your eyes on the mailbox folks! The WDW Pin Code Postcards are making their way to Disney fans once again.

I was thrilled to open my mailbox tonight to find that the only item in it was a post card from WDW with a pin code for special rates 8/3/08 to 9/27/08 Wow, it's been a long time since I've received one of these babies!

I couldn't get my animals fed fast enough so I could call WDT and apply the pin code rate to my existing Labor Day weekend. WooHoo! I got CBR standard view for $99/night! That knocked $20/night off my AAA room only rate. Values, standard room, were $59/night. I didn't price Deluxe resorts.

And, unless they release AP rates like we haven't seen in a LONG time, this also means I won't have to get off DME and rush to Guest Services at EPCOT, DHS, or DTD to activate my voucher in order to check in if I had an AP rate. Even if AP rates come out for $89/night I'll stick with $99 so I won't have to worry about activating an AP voucher before checking in.

Oh, I also asked if I could use this pin code for more than one trip and they said YES! As long as it falls between 8/3 and 9/27, it can be used as much as I like. I won't be able to take advantage of that but I wanted to get as much info as I could to pass along to you guys.

Good luck everyone!!! I hope you all find WDW Postcards in your mailbox!
    ~Jerry & Nancy~

Sept. 3 - Sunrise WEDDING Vow Renewal then Drive to WDW
    Sept. 4-16, 2011 - WDW HONEYMOON:
    Sept 4-9 - Pop Century
    Sept. 10-16 - Caribbean Beach

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Sigh. The only postcard I got today was a reminder I'm due for a dental checkup.

Thanks for the info, Nancy, and glad you were able to make such good use of it! Hope more DWTer's get postcards soon.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    We sorted a couple of those to some Mayberry residents today!!!
    It was all I could do not to open them and read what it said on the inside!
    Dreams Really Do Come True

jaymie is offline You can fly!
    What are WDW Pin Code Postcards and how can I get one?
    - Jaymie

I do believe in fairies, I do, I do!

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Man, I've never gotten anything from Disney like that.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymie View Post
    What are WDW Pin Code Postcards and how can I get one?
    They are postcards offering the person they are addressed to a special discounted rate on WDW rooms and/or packages. They can't be shared with other people, and there is no way to get one other than being lucky - Disney has some method of deciding what criteria they use to choose who gets one, I'm sure, but there is no sure way to increase your odds or request one.

Here is what Mousesavers.com has to say about the postcards:

Quote Originally Posted by mousesavers.com
    Postcard and E-mail Codes

For the past several years, Disney has regularly sent out masses of postcards (and more recently, e-mails) that offer deeply discounted Walt Disney World resort rates to the recipients. I can't publish those discounts, because Disney uses a PIN number system so that only the recipient can use the code. (When you call in with your PIN number, they match your name and address to it. You can't share the PIN with anyone else.)

How do you get on the lists for these special postcards and e-mails? No one knows exactly, and believe me, I've done a lot of research on it. It appears that Disney's marketing department uses a variety of lists at different times.

If you want to have the best possible chance of getting these mailings, it's definitely a good idea to register with Disney.com and be sure to click on the boxes that indicate you're interested in Walt Disney World. You might also want to go to DisneyWorld.com and request a vacation planning video. It also appears that they may use mailing lists from DisneyShopping.com, subscribers to Disney publications and Disney Rewards® Visa® Cardholders. In short, sign up for anything Disney (especially Disney World related) you can, and keep your fingers crossed!

If you are a repeat resort guest and have already subscribed to a lot of Disney lists, it's possible you have received a discount e-mail but it went into your "spam" folder or was filtered out as junk mail by your e-mail provider. However, if you are in the Disney reservations system, the discount information should be associated with your name. For that reason, when you call the Disney Reservations Center to make room reservations, it's worthwhile to make a polite inquiry. You might say something like "Would you mind checking to see if I am on the list for any room discounts? I'm afraid I may have missed a promotional e-mail." Don't bother calling about this if you have never stayed on Disney property before -- you almost certainly won't be in the system.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    I have no idea how you get one. Maybe they signed up for more info on WDW at one time? Maybe they haven't made a trip in a long time?
    (in this case, I should get one!!!)

It seems to me it is just a random luck of the draw thing, as long as your address is somewhere in the Disney system, you just never know!
    Dreams Really Do Come True

jaymie is offline You can fly!
    Wow, that's interesting. Thanks for the info everyone! Maybe we'll get lucky too!
    - Jaymie

I do believe in fairies, I do, I do!