Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Has anyone stayed at the All-Star Movies? in the Vacation Planning forums; Going to WDW in July and I am staying at AS Movies. Just wondering what people who have stayed there think? I try to stay at different places each time ...
    TinkerbellRocks is offline A-Ticket holder

Has anyone stayed at the All-Star Movies?

Going to WDW in July and I am staying at AS Movies. Just wondering what people who have stayed there think? I try to stay at different places each time so that I get a different view of the world.
    <Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'July 18, 2005 5:30:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=fuchsia>Countdown to My 7th Magical Journey to WDW</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Hangin w/ the WDW crew!!!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>

We have stayed there our last three trips. The first time we went was in 2002 and chose it because our Son (then age 2) was a HUGE Toy Story fan and we wanted to stay in one of those buildings. We had previously stayed at the Polynesian and I'm not gonna lie to ya...they are quite different, but at the same time very nice. The rooms are pretty small, but if you are anything like our family you spend the majority of your time in the parks! They have a really nice food court, plenty of seating and decent food. One suggestion would be to request either the Fantasia buildings or Toy Story buildings. It is quite a stroll from the Main Hall to say the Mighty Ducks buildings and after a long day at the park that's the last thing you want...especially if you are traveling with young kids. If your quest is to stay at different resorts, then I think this is a good choice. Lot's of great photo op's with all the huge movie icons throughout the property! One other thing to point out...all 3 All-Star resorts share busing and although Movies is the last bus to be picked up before heading to the parks...you are also the last to get dropped off at night. That was really the only downside for us, but still not that big of a deal. Enjoy your stay!

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    We stayed there (myself, my husband, and my then-3 year old son) a few years back. My son LOVES Toy Story and we stayed in that wing, and he loved it.

I had no problems, I thought the food court was good and bus service good. The rooms are very small, and if you have not stayed in a value resort at Disney before and have more than 3 people in your party, it may be kind of packed in there.

However, if you don't spend much time in your room, it may not bother you.

We liked the theming of this resort, the price, and the service was fine, It is a fun place to stay. Enjoy!
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    We stayed there in November of 2003 and loved it. We have stayed at the Caribbean Beach Resort, the Beach Club and what was then Dixie Landings. We loved the All Star Movie Resort (had a Buzz Room---go Buzz!). The food court was great. We didn't have to wait until we got to the parks (always there for EMH!) for breakfast.

WDW Donna is offline Much too far from the Magic :(
    We (DH, DD-8 & DD-2 and me) stayed there last Halloween and loved it! We stayed in the Herbie the Love Bug building and didn't find it too far to walk in the morning. I must say we didn't eat in the food court much. We drove and had a portable electric cooler that we kept milk, juice and cereal in for breakfast. The kids loved the pool, DH loved the mugs that you could use for free refills on pop, coffee and ice tea. The kids loved the Fantasia pool and my youngest loved the Fantasia 2000 kiddie pool.
    The bus ride didn't bother us. It gave the kids time to wind down at night.
    Hope this helps. Have fun

EpcoT International Program June 21-January 21 1991
    Resorts we have tried;
    Yacht and Beach Club (our wedding)-1994
    All Star Movies -2004
    All Star Sports - 2006
    All Star Music Resort - 2008
    Coronado Springs -2009

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    As you can see from my signature we have stayed there before and will stay there again. Of all the All-Stars it is laid out the best. That said, I would still recommend paying the extra money (it was $10/night before the 2005 price increases) to stay in one of the Fantasia buildings to be closest to the Fantasia pool and the the food court. The only real drawback is when they only run one bus to all the All-Stars it may be very crowded and/or they will bypass ASMo alltogether and you will have to wait a bit longer for another bus. Enjoy your trip and your stay at WDW!
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) 2014 (11) Total Trips/Days = 27/364

*Off Property

hillo is offline Walt Disney World here I come!!!.... again
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98
    One suggestion would be to request either the Fantasia buildings or Toy Story buildings. It is quite a stroll from the Main Hall to say the Mighty Ducks buildings and after a long day at the park that's the last thing you want...especially if you are traveling with young kids.
    I know this thread is old, but I just found it. I wanted to mention that in 2004, we stayed in the very corner of Mighty Ducks, but we were only about 200 feet from Melody Hall. We always went to Melody Hall for buses and drink refills. (In fact, I am drink from my Music mug right now.) We requested the Mighty Ducks this year for that reason, but no standard rooms were available, so we will be staying in Jazz at Music.
    Last edited by hillo; 07-16-2006 at 08:34 PM.
    - Hillary
    There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate’s loot on Treasure Island.- Walt Disney

MissSparrow is offline Dead Men Tell No Tales
    The All-Star Movies are great! All the big icons are great for the little kids! My mom took a picture of me with the big gigantic Baloo and Mowgli, and I looked like a little ant standing there. I recommend it for the little ones
    High School Musical 2
    Did you ever; push away the ones you should've held close.

Walt Disney World
    Where the incredible happens every day.

tasha36 is offline Dreaming....
    I stayed there a few years ago. It was the first time I had stayed at a Disney resort and I really loved it. We were in the Mighty Ducks building, which was good as we were just yards from the pool. We had a hire car and we could park just by our room so that was good. It was a bit of a walk to the main building but not too bad. And we had an armadillo living in the bush just by our room! The room was smallish, but fine for a couple. Hope this helps.
    Tasha

1981 - Offsite
    1983 - Offsite
    1987 - Offsite
    1990 - Offsite
    1993 - Offsite
    2002 - All Star Movies
    2006 - Coronado Springs
    2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2014 - Whole family trip! (Thanks Dad!)
    2015 - Three trips in a row?? Fingers crossed

Love That Duck is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Reviving this old thread because I'll be staying at All Star Movies in Dec. for MouseFest. Happy to see some good reports. I booked late (yesterday) and Pop was booked as was AS Music so between AS Sport and AS Movies, I oped for AS Movies!

Tell me what you think: I'll be going 1 adult for 2 nights (Dec. 9-11) and with most time in parks/DTD. I did know All Stars shares one bus and Movies is final stop but I'm hoping having only myself and no little ones that shouldn't be a problem at all (or am I wrong?).

I'll keep looking to see if something opens at Pop between now and then but if not I think I'll be happy at Movies. I mean, I'll be at WDW, how bad can that be?
    ~Jerry & Nancy~

Sept. 3 - Sunrise WEDDING Vow Renewal then Drive to WDW
    Sept. 4-16, 2011 - WDW HONEYMOON:
    Sept 4-9 - Pop Century
    Sept. 10-16 - Caribbean Beach

hillo is offline Walt Disney World here I come!!!.... again
    I know they usually share a bus, but when the parks are closing, they usually have more buses running to each resort. The last night of our stay, we were at the Magic Kingdom until almost 1am, when EMH ended at 12am. We walked to our bus stop were there was only one bus and no one else around. The driver said he would take us wherever we needed to go. My family of five were the only people on the bus. I had a very nice nap. The point of that story is: If you don't beat the crowd to the bus stop, you might as well look at shops and leave the park later.
    - Hillary
    There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate’s loot on Treasure Island.- Walt Disney

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    I stayed there about... 6 years ago maybe? It was awhile ago when I came on a friday-sunday trip with my parents for some business. It was nice. Very small, but it was definitely nice. I barely spent anytime there, so I definitely enjoyed the room. It was okay. I believe we stayed in Toy Story because I remember Toy Story from my stay there, and other than that, I didn't realyl use anything else at the resort because it was January so no swimming and we ate out. :-) The only thing I'd be careful on is disney transport. I remember waiting FOREVER for a bus to try to get into the park at like 1pm in the afternoon.
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives