Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Has anyone stayed at the pop century in the Vacation Planning forums; Just wondering if it's a long walk to the pool . If the food is good and do they have refrigerators available or coffee makers.?...
    momof2princeses is offline A-Ticket holder

Has anyone stayed at the pop century

Just wondering if it's a long walk to the pool . If the food is good and do they have refrigerators available or coffee makers.?

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015; 2 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Welcome to the board! Many of the Triviateers have sayed at PC. Just do a search and you will find the threads and the answers to all your questions. My DW and I are planning to stay there in November.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    to DWT!

Pop Century has 3 pools, a Bowling Pin Pool near the 1950's buildings, the Hippy Dippy Pool near the 1960's buildings and a Computer pool near the 1980's buildings, so there isn't too long a walk to get to one. Refridgerators are available, but you have to request one and they currently cost $10 per day. I don't know about the coffee makers.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    Pop Century is awesome and you will really like it. Three pools. The 70's building is nice especially by the corvette stingray

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    I stayed there in October... Way too crowded for my liking. The theming is nice though.. Depends on which building you are in for the distance you will walk.. We were close to the main pool so it wasn't a far walk to the food court or the buses...

We were at Pop Century in August and the noise wasn't to bad but you have to expect noise with a value resort

DisneyGuy81 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Arrow

I agree with devkxl.....I was there April 18-24 and I found it to be pretty good. My gf and I stayed in the 90's building. It was a long walk to the food and buses but you can walk through the parking lot and that cuts a lot of time off. The pools were nice but there were a lot of people in them during the day.

The only other thing I noticed was that the buses seemed to take longer to come around. I have stayed at the all star resorts and it seems they have a higher frequency of pickups (perhaps it is me). The idea is really neat and I am sure you will like it. The food was very decent and I usually ate breakfast there everyday.

Have fun and let us know what you think.

-Scott
    -Scott

The Happiest Place on Earth!!!

Rgjad is offline B-Ticket Holder
    It's not a long walk to any of the pools. The 90's building is the farthest away. I prefer the 50's or 60's buildings. The food is pretty good. The parmesean chicken is the best I have had anywhere. Unfortunately they don't have coffeemakers in the rooms. But the food court opens at 6:00. I generally bring my own coffeemaker with me. I'm not the nicest person in the morning without my coffee. I'd hate to upset anyone. When exactly are you going? I'll be there with my family May 18-22.

WDWScottieBoy is offline Finally moved to Orlando!
    I stayed in the 80's building last summer and had the computer pool right down from us. It wasn't a bad walk to the buses, food court or anywhere else actually. My only complaint was that the outter walls weren't very well insulated for noise. We were constantly hearing kids run up and down the hall and even in the pool way past 3am.

The food was good, typical food court food from any of the resorts, maybe a little more choices. Make sure you try the dessert there, they have some really good ones that can only be found at PC.

I'd still say POR is the best resort on property!
    *SCOTT*

UNOFFICIAL WDW TEEN EXPERT!

SAC5286 on AIM (I'm always on and willing to talk)

DWTs very own Disney Commercial Star

You can rent refrigorators for $10 a day

chrissilicious is offline A-Ticket holder
    Hey!
    We stayed at Pop Century in Sept. 2004 & then again in Jan. 2005. We enjoyed it both times & for the price, we thought it was great.(We spend very little time in the room anyway, so we don't need lots of space.)
    It is a value resort, so you can expect to have some crowds at peak times. If you want to be close to a pool & to the food court/bus stop area, stay in the '60's building. It is closest to both. Also, we have a wide range of food tastes (did that make sense?) in our group & everyone was pleased with the options. (Try the tie-dyed cheesecake!)

***Be sure to stop by the food court at either 8am or 5pm. You'll get to see the cast members either all do the twist or the hustle. You can even join in if you like! **
    Christy
    "Counting the days till our
    next WDW vacation!"

Triviateer is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Have never stayed at the Pop Century. I prefer the Grand Floridian for peace and quiet.
    "The greatest happiness in life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves." --Victor Hugo

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!

Just there

Was just there in February. I really liked the place, although we were only there for 1 night. It seemed kind of out of the way compared to the other resorts, it took a long bus ride to get to Downtown Disney. We were in the 80's section and the computer pool was right around the corner - a pretty big pool too!
    The food court seemed to have A LOT of options. I reccommend the Very Sloppy Joe - it lives up to it's name. You gotta eat that ****er with a fork!