Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Tips for Resort fun at Contemporary and All Stars in the Vacation Planning forums; We're headed to the world in January and have a family suite booked at All Star Music for most of our trip. We will have a room at the Contemporary ...
    PlutoGirl is offline C-Ticket Holder

Tips for Resort fun at Contemporary and All Stars

We're headed to the world in January and have a family suite booked at All Star Music for most of our trip. We will have a room at the Contemporary for the first night of our stay as well. I haven't stayed at either resort yet, and wondered if any vets of either resort have tips for things to explore/do at either resort.

Some other notes: we will have two small boys with us...4 and 2.5 who are adventurous and active. We will have considerable downtime factored in to allow them to recharge outside of the parks so we'll have some time to explore/play a bit at the resorts. Plus the parks close at around 7pm during that time of year and the kids go to bed at 8pm so DH and I may take turns exploring/staying in the suite with the sleeping kids.
    Disney Lover and Mom of 2 little guys (ages 4 and 2)
    Royal Plaza '84, P.O Fr. Qtr '93, Off-site Honeymoon 2003, Off-site 2007(first visit for boys), CR/FW Cabin January 2009, planning FW Cabin May 2010 now...

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Not sure if there is much to explore at the All Star Music, I have only stayed there once so I am not that familiar with it but with the Contemporary you are only a monorail ride away from the Polynesian and the Grand Floridan so you could check those out as well as their shops. And you are a boat ride away from Wilderness Lodge, which is worth the trip. When you check in ask for any activiities and maps for the resort and they can guide you in the right direction.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!