Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Room Requests in the Vacation Planning forums; I am going to Disney World next week. I am staying at the Pop Century. My family and I would like to request the same room that we had last ...
    rocknrollercfan is offline Fastpass Holder
    Waiting to leave WI and go to Disney World

Room Requests

I am going to Disney World next week. I am staying at the Pop Century. My family and I would like to request the same room that we had last year. I was wondering if anyone has ever done this before. Also, what are the chances that you will actually get the room that you want? And, does anyone know when you should request a room? I heard it should be a week prior to your visit. Is this true? Thanks for your help guys.

Ashley

I love Donald Duck

Ashley
    Walt Disney World

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    I usually request what building I want my room to be in about 2 weeks before our trip. I do it via e-mail to the reservation folks and it's always been honored. I've never requested a specific room however. I think the problem you'd run into with that is whoever is staying in that room prior to your arrival would have to have a check out date the same as your arrival date (i.e. I don't think they'd leave it open for a day or two waiting for you to get there).
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Piglit is offline C-Ticket Holder
    On our last visit to CSR we requested, and were given, the same room as on the previous visit.
    We fax our requests 4 days before arrival.
    It doesn't hurt to ask for what you would like as long as you remember they are requests only. You can also ask at checkin.
    "Peace, Love & Mickey Mouse"

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    you're going at a pretty busy time of the year... i'm going to think that getting the same room as you request would be a negative...

CleveRocks is offline D-Ticket Holder
    There's always a chance you might get it, but it's a small chance.

The resorts aren't given reservation information until about 4 or 5 days before the guests arrive. So let's say that 5 or 6 days before you arrive (and thus, before the rooms assigner is even aware of your request), your room is assigned to someone who's staying for a week. And more likely, your room could be assigned to someone else even AFTER they receive your request ... if they need to fill rooms, they won't leave "your room" vacant for 2 days in order to save it for you.

So go ahead and request it ... it can't hurt!!! ... but please don't expect that it will happen.
    -- Eric

TinkAttitude is offline grumpy too
    it can be done - your best bet is to talk directly to the hotel manager on duty, several times since the manager on duty will change from day to day. you can also request to be in a room in the same position (perhaps on a different floor, but in the same spot)... good luck!

CleveRocks is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by TinkAttitude View Post
    it can be done - your best bet is to talk directly to the hotel manager on duty, several times since the manager on duty will change from day to day.
    If you have a secret about how to do this, please share!

Even though there is a listing for the "direct" phone number for each resort, when you call those numbers you are actually connected to a call center (DRC or CRO). It won't sound that way, but it is ... you cannot reach that resort on your first try.

The CMs who pick up these calls are gatekeepers ... they are trained to NOT let your call go though to the resort itself. They only do so if it is a question they cannot answer. Any calls about room requests will be handled by CRO or DRC and will not be allowed through to the resort itself.
    -- Eric

Love That Duck is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I always have a #1 and a #2 room request added to my reservation when I book it. Sometimes I request a particular building, sometimes a particular room. I always preface my request acknowledging that I am aware requests are not guaranteed and CMs have always gladly added my requests to my reservations. I have never emailed or faxed my requests prior to arrival. I always POLITELY mention my request at check-in before they give me my room assignment and the CMs always tell me they see my request.

I have stayed at The Poly, Yacht Club, Caribbean Beach, and Pop Century and my #1 request has been granted all but once when my #2 request was granted. That was at CBR and, believe me, it turned out to be much better than my #1 request. Before I could even mention my request the CM said, "I am sorry that we could not meet your request but I believe you will be very happy with the room we have assigned you." WOW, was she ever right! That was my last trip to WDW, Memorial Day weekend 2007, and it is now my favorite room at CBR and it's my #1 request for my Dec. 2008 MouseFest trip!

As CleveRocks mentions, I've never been able to even get resort-specific info prior to check-in without being transferred to the call center.

I hope you are able to get the room you want at Pop. Let us know how it goes. Have a great trip to WDW.
    ~Jerry & Nancy~

Sept. 3 - Sunrise WEDDING Vow Renewal then Drive to WDW
    Sept. 4-16, 2011 - WDW HONEYMOON:
    Sept 4-9 - Pop Century
    Sept. 10-16 - Caribbean Beach

TinkAttitude is offline grumpy too
    Quote Originally Posted by CleveRocks View Post
    If you have a secret about how to do this, please share!

Even though there is a listing for the "direct" phone number for each resort, when you call those numbers you are actually connected to a call center (DRC or CRO). It won't sound that way, but it is ... you cannot reach that resort on your first try.

The CMs who pick up these calls are gatekeepers ... they are trained to NOT let your call go though to the resort itself. They only do so if it is a question they cannot answer. Any calls about room requests will be handled by CRO or DRC and will not be allowed through to the resort itself.
    i don't have a secret - just a very persistent, assertive, determined, undeniable, 'don't take no for an answer' father-in-law!