Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Upgrades? in the Vacation Planning forums; I've read in a couple of other places that upgrades within a resort (i.e. upgrades to concierge levels, etc.) or to other resorts (i.e. from a value to a moderate ...
    Spodie is offline Fastpass Holder

Upgrades?

I've read in a couple of other places that upgrades within a resort (i.e. upgrades to concierge levels, etc.) or to other resorts (i.e. from a value to a moderate resort, etc.) have happened.
    First off, I was wondering if this happens often and second of all, have any of you guys gotten upgrades? If you have, what did you get upgraded to and how did you get the upgrade? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
    ~Ashleigh

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    There are basically two circumstances where it could happen:
    1) Disney screwed up like overbooking, and the room you booked isn't available.
    2) The Cast Member checking you in feels like being overly generous.

This somewhat happened to us in March. We'd booked a standard room at All Star Sports. When we got to the resort to check in, the CM seemed frustrated at his computer, eventually had to go to the back, and get a manager. The manager told us that because of the sports groups that were there that weekend, they'd like to move us over to All Star Movies. To compensate us, he gave us a preferred room at ASMo and a $50 credit towards our hotel bill. Plus they had a CM take us in a Disney van from Sports to Movies. It all worked out.