Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Gaylord Palms in the Vacation Planning forums; I'm thinking about staying at the Gaylord Palms in January, do the buses run there the same as say Pop Century or do I have to rent a car?? Also ...
    Tmntrans is offline Fastpass Holder

Gaylord Palms

I'm thinking about staying at the Gaylord Palms in January, do the buses run there the same as say Pop Century or do I have to rent a car?? Also will I be able to use Extra Magic hours while staying there?? Anybody ever stay there??

tizzo is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmntrans View Post
    I'm thinking about staying at the Gaylord Palms in January, do the buses run there the same as say Pop Century or do I have to rent a car?? Also will I be able to use Extra Magic hours while staying there?? Anybody ever stay there??
    Although it's very close (right across I4 from Wide World of Sports), Gaylord Palms is not on Disney property and is not a Disney hotel. You'd have to call them to find out what kind of transportation they may or may not offer to WDW.

Tmntrans is offline Fastpass Holder
    Thx, I see it now. I was looking at someone else ad and it said IN the WDW resort.

Mickey's#1Fan is offline Ready to go back to the World!
    Massachusetts... not close enough to the world :(
    if you do end up staying there and having to rent a car i would suggest leaving to the parks kind of early..... my grandfather lives in south florida and we drive three hours to get to disney and then stay for the week in a hotel when we reach the gaylord palms we usually find ourselves sitting in a decent amount of traffic and this would be around 8AM in the summer months just an fyi
    Jennah
    Remember the MAGIC
    "a dream can be a dream come true with just that spark in me and you!"
    "in the big blue world...."
    "because i'm a lady... thats why"
    "it's a great BIG beautiful tomorrow!""Beware of hitch hiking ghosts!!"
    "it's hard to be cool when your dad is goofy!"

"please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated safely inside the theater safely"- dr. nigel channing imagination institute

check...check...check...check...applause- four for a dollar

WDW
    Trips: '90 '91 '92 '93 '94 '95 '96 '97 '98 '99 '00 '01 '02 '03 '04
    '05 '06 '07 '08 '09 '10 '12

prshell is offline A-Ticket holder
    You won't have the extra hours since it's not a Disney Hotel. Also, if you rent a car, parking was $11 a day when we were there in February.