Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Question about Contemporary MK view rooms in the Vacation Planning forums; I'll be doing a split stay, the 2nd half of which will be at Contemporary. This will be our first time there, and in fact our first time at a ...
    CleveRocks is offline D-Ticket Holder

Question about Contemporary MK view rooms

I'll be doing a split stay, the 2nd half of which will be at Contemporary. This will be our first time there, and in fact our first time at a WDW Deluxe resort.

We reserved a tower room - theme park view.

Ideally, I'd like to make the whole split-stay thing as little an inconvenience as possible. My plan is to check-out of POFQ in the morning on our way out to the bus for whatever park, arranging for Bell Services to transfer our luggage. We would enjoy whatever park just like any other day, and then not "return" to Contemporary until evening.

My question is, will there be any advantage to get to Contemporary as early as possible to check-in (even if my room won't be ready) so that I can get the best possible room selection? I guess my more specific question is, is there such a thing as a more-desirable MK view room and a less-desirable MK view room? If I check-in at night, will I potentially miss out on a better room that I could have gotten earlier in the day?

We will be checking-in to CR on the Wednesday prior to Presidents Day weekend ... just in case that detail helps any.

Thanks for your expertise!
    -- Eric

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    I would think there would be a difference. We stayed in the Tower several years back and we were up on a high floor, we had a beautiful view of the MK, I think that would give you the best viewing. I think it always pays to get there early and talk to someone at the front desk and get your requests worked out face to face.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!