Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Towels? in the Vacation Planning forums; A little random question for you lot: Should you pack a towel to use at the swimming pools at disney hotels or can you pick one up from the poolside? ...
    Miss Neverland is offline A-Ticket holder

Towels?

A little random question for you lot: Should you pack a towel to use at the swimming pools at disney hotels or can you pick one up from the poolside? Just wondering. I've stayed at the All Stars Movies before but I can't remember. I'm staying at the Pop Century next! Can't wait! less than a year now lol

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    you know... that's a good question, we have always brought our own towels with us. I think the resorts do have towels at the pool though...
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

lexitoad is offline B-Ticket Holder
    At PC they give you extra pool towels. You may have to request the first set but everytime we had our room's cleaned they automatically left extra for the pools. Now they aren't the lush beach towels but they dry you off and cover a little but hey I hate having to pack towels especially if you take that last dip before you go home. Then you get to pack soggy towels.

As for the water parks I think you can rent them for a $1. I didn't make it there this trip so I can't say for sure. Hope this helps!

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    At the Value Resorts, you have to take them from your room and bring them to the pool with you. Typically, I call MouseKeeping from my room phone just before leaving, and request extra towels for each person in the room (ie, if there's three of us, I ask for 3 extra towels). By the time we're done swimming, we get back to our room to find the towels already there for us.

I believe at the moderate and deluxe resorts, you can get towels right at the pool, but I'm not 100% sure on that. I'll let you know after my trip next week. :-)

And yes, lexitoad is correct - you can rent towels for $1 at the water parks, but I generally just bring my own with me, or take one from the room and bring it back.

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Pop Century asks that you bring a room towel with you to the pool. I think I'd brought a towel from home when we were at the resort in July.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    The Deluxe and Moderate hotels have towels down by the pool.

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    I like to raid the maids' cart and then towels aren't a problem

Motokitten953 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I want to know how many towels and wash cloths walk off property a year... I know I found about 6 in my sister-in-law's linen closet.

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    The ones they provide aren't worth stealing. And from what I remember they're unmarked so how would you know your sister in-law got them from disney? They are so coarse they take off layers of skin if you rub too hard. I take what I need from the cart but I always leave them behind when through.

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    I know Riverside had them down by the pool.
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

Motokitten953 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by elvistelth View Post
    The ones they provide aren't worth stealing. And from what I remember they're unmarked so how would you know your sister in-law got them from disney? They are so coarse they take off layers of skin if you rub too hard .
    No, they are far from luxury towels, but the ones in her linen closet are the towels from the pools at the moderate hotels - with the woven strip texture. I think she wraps the wet suits in them if they swim the last day before they head home. They are FL residents so are there often.

lexitoad is offline B-Ticket Holder
    That's why the prices are going up... just kidding...

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by mritty View Post
    I believe at the moderate and deluxe resorts, you can get towels right at the pool, but I'm not 100% sure on that. I'll let you know after my trip next week. :-)
    The towels were available at the Beach Club right at the pool. At Carribbean Beach, however, you are told to take your room towels with you to the pools and call Housekeeping to request more, just like at Pop Century.

LockShockBarrel is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I remember staying in a hotel in kissimee (however you spell it) about 7 years ago and they had a printed list of what everything cost. everything from towels to the bedclothes to the lamps and whatnot and it said in fine print at the bottom that anything missing from the room would be charged to your stay ( $7 for a towel, etc)

kellpooh is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I bring one or two extra from Home...my disney ones of course
    kellpooh

Hi-Q 1979
    Off Site 1986
    Off Site 1994
    Off Site 1998
    All Star Sports July 2001
    All Star Movies Jan. 2002
    All Star Sports Oct 2003
    Wilderness Lodge Oct 2004
    Animal Kingdom Lodge Oct 2005