Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Concierge Offerings in the Vacation Planning forums; We're trying to decide what we want to do for vacation next year. Of course, we want it to be a Disney vacation, but we also want to try to ...
    Sorria is offline Fastpass Holder

Concierge Offerings

We're trying to decide what we want to do for vacation next year. Of course, we want it to be a Disney vacation, but we also want to try to save a little bit of money. My mother and I would love to do another cruise, but my sister is afraid of going out on the ocean and due to her falsely turning in some of the family into HRS, no one will watch them by themselves, so a cruise is out. This past month we stayed at the Polynesian and spent mega bucks on food, and we only spend $50 a day per person. A cruise would have been cheaper since all the meals are paid for, but we couldn't do that with my sister. In debating what to do next year at Disney and to try to save some money due to the econmy and our naturally low income.

I brought up the possibility of staying at concierge level at one of the deluxe resorts and using the lounge's offerings as the majority of our meals. I've seen all over that you can't rely on concierge to provide you real "meals" and I tend to agree, but my mother thinks it would be possible. We stayed at the Yacht Club concierge level a few years ago with an AP discount and completely relied on them for breakfast every day, but we went other places for lunch and dinner (not out of necessity, we just wanted to show our guests some of the best of Disney's restaurnts). I guess it may be possible for lunch since I remember them having pb&j sandwiches and chips and stuff (hey it is a lunch), but I don't remember much with dinner and what not. In any case, we wouldn't mind going down to the quick service restaurant of the hotel and grabbing some stuff if we weren't satisfied with the concierge offerings.

Do you think this is a reasonable way to try to save money at disney on meals....trying to rely solely.....or mostly on the conceirge offerings? If so, what resort's concerige would you recommend?
    Upcoming Trips to WDW:

Dec 6-10: Disney Wonder
    Dec 10-19: Port Orleans French Quarter

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    I don't think concierge is a way to save money and I would never rely on concierge for meals. If anything stay at a moderate or value resort if you want to save money and pay for meals out of pocket or try one of the dining plans. They have a new one for next year that is just counter service and you will get much better food there as opposed to concierge.http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/Dis...-for-2009.html
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

Sorria is offline Fastpass Holder
    The meal plans don't really help us out as we already have an AP. Don't most of the dining plans require you to buy MYW tickets and other stuff to get the plan? That and we already have the DDE.
    Upcoming Trips to WDW:

Dec 6-10: Disney Wonder
    Dec 10-19: Port Orleans French Quarter

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    I'd definitely say that you could do it with a concierge offering for lunches. However, I think the best bet would be at one of the top-end dollar resorts, so the only way you would save money is if you get a great rate on the room!

Allears.net has listings of what resorts have in each concierge lounge. I know the Grand Floridian and Polynesian have some great offerings, that could easily be turned into a meal!
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I thought they had changed the dining plans so that if you had an AP you could still buy one of the meal plans. It would be worth asking.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorria View Post
    The meal plans don't really help us out as we already have an AP. Don't most of the dining plans require you to buy MYW tickets and other stuff to get the plan? That and we already have the DDE.
    They now offer room + dining packages for AP holders. You can check it out on the passholder section of the Disneyworld.com website.

Depending on how and what you like to eat, the dining plan could save you more money than the DDE card, but you really have to plan ahead to figure that out.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page