Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Vacation Homes in the Vacation Planning forums; Hey i was just wondering if there was anyone out there who has stayed at the vacation homes that are off site. We were looking into those because we will ...
    I heartpeterpan is offline "Just Keep Swimming"

Question Vacation Homes

Hey i was just wondering if there was anyone out there who has stayed at the vacation homes that are off site. We were looking into those because we will have a group of 9 going and it was looking alot cheaper than getting 3 different rooms on site like at Pop or the All star resorts. Any input would be greatly appreciated Thanks all !!!
    Disney Family Vacation 2006 -POP Century

Disney Honeymoon 2007- Dolphin

Disney Graduation/Anniversary Celebration 2010 Caribbean Beach

lestat_de_leon is offline A-Ticket holder
    My family of 5 has done the vacation home route the past 3 visits to the world. We absolutely love them! You get tons more room, a person pool (a favorite of the children!) and the ability to cook a meal here and there to save some more money. I can't recommend them enough, and for my family it makes a ton of sense (even though I miss the on-site...5 just doesn't fit in a moderate resort room)

Lestat

Quote Originally Posted by lestat_de_leon View Post
    My family of 5 has done the vacation home route the past 3 visits to the world. We absolutely love them! You get tons more room, a person pool (a favorite of the children!) and the ability to cook a meal here and there to save some more money. I can't recommend them enough, and for my family it makes a ton of sense (even though I miss the on-site...5 just doesn't fit in a moderate resort room)

Lestat

Thanks so much !!!! that really helps

DisneyDreamer13 is offline A good friend gets you out of jail, a great friend wakes up next to you!
    6,976km from Cinderella Castle / 408km from Sleeping Beauty Castle
    We stayed off site in May this year. There were 9 of us also and we stayed at a beautiful villa called Ambleside II in Cumbrian Lakes. It was about a 15 minute drive to WDW, but going past a huge variety of restaurants was a great bonus.
    This is the villa company we booked through
    Orlando Vacation Homes by VillaDirect
    i cant rate them highly enough, the villa was very clean, a door handle broke while we were there and they fixed it within 24 hours, it has free local/national/internation calls which helped us being from the UK. We emailed them a grocery list a couple of weeks before and everything was there when we arrived. They have a free internet service at their office which if you needed to get on line for any reason. I really could go on and on but if you want any more details send me a PM.
    x FIONA x
    1989 WDW Offsite1990 WDWOffsite1991Offsite/Contemporary1992 EuroDisney Offsite(schooltrip)
    1992 WDW Offsite/GrandFloridian2001 DLP Davy CrocketRanch2008 Offsite villa/Contempoary
    2009DLP Hotel Santa Fe 2010Clearwater/get married/POR
    Sisterhood of the travelling pirate in the pants

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder
    We used orlandovacationhome.com this past June and were very happy with the home. For $107/night, we had a two-story, 4 bedroom, 2 1/2 bath home with private pool in a gated community at the western end of Hwy 192. We were able to leave the home at 8:25 and still make rope drop at all the parks except Magic Kingdom. There was a Wal-mart and Publix 1 mile away, so it was easy to get groceries, sunscreen, etc... They had larger homes in the same sub-division with more bedrooms, so give them a try. You can find all their contact and booking information on their website. Have a great trip.

Floggle is offline A-Ticket holder
    We have also stayed at Cumbrian Lakes for the last three years and we go back next month to stay in our favorite vacation home. The year before we stayed at Sunset Lakes. We've rented for the last four years from Florida Leisure and they are wonderful people to deal with. Certainly not the cheapest but the homes are always in great condition and they also provide one or two extras that we also enjoy.

Maestr034 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I actully own a vacation home in Orlando that we rent out whenever we are not using it. We love staying in it whenever we have family members go with us to Orlando. If it is just me and my wife going we still prefer staying on property. The good thing about our house though is that it is only a 5 minute drive from Animal Kingdom so you can still feel close to being on property. So I do think vacation homes are a great option when going with a big group but I would stay on property if you do not need so much space.
    [CENTER]
    The Maestro
    Married at The Disney Wedding Pavilon
    6-4-05

ChrisX is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I have stayed a few times offsite at vacation homes with fairly large groups. Although you may feel like you are losing a little of the magic being offsite, I have always found it enjoyable. You will save a good deal of money not just because you won't have to book several rooms but you can also take advantage of having a kitchen at your disposal. It's also alot easier to coordinate things when everyone is under one roof rather than having to do the door to door thing and rouse up three hotel rooms of people. Along with that if you are travelling with younger children, its nice to have them all under one roof.

With a big group I would not even think twice about renting a vacation home....Go for it!

Ya we are definately leaning towards the vacation homes . With my husband and I going my parents and 4 siblings & my sisters boyfriend too we would be crazy not to go for it. I really appreciate everyones input its been a big help!