Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss You know what would be stellar? in the Vacation Planning forums; I apologize if this has already been mentioned but I would love if Disney opened a themed hotel off of Tower of Terror! It would be fabulous to actually have ...
    Meggersuit83 is offline A-Ticket holder

You know what would be stellar?

I apologize if this has already been mentioned but I would love if Disney opened a themed hotel off of Tower of Terror! It would be fabulous to actually have that as a hotel and make it all decked out like the ride, minus the falling elevators. They could have the workers dress up like they do for the ride, make it look old and falling apart, it would be fabulous! Just a random idea. Would anyone actually stay there? I know I would, all part of the disney experience.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Quote Originally Posted by Meggersuit83 View Post
    I apologize if this has already been mentioned but I would love if Disney opened a themed hotel off of Tower of Terror! It would be fabulous to actually have that as a hotel and make it all decked out like the ride, minus the falling elevators. They could have the workers dress up like they do for the ride, make it look old and falling apart, it would be fabulous! Just a random idea. Would anyone actually stay there? I know I would, all part of the disney experience.
    That would be cool. I could see special dining/show, interactive dinner theater. A creepy looking pool, painted old & funky with trees like they have in the stand-by lane. I'm in!

Spodie is offline Fastpass Holder
    That would be really cool - I've always wanted them to do something like that! I could spend hours in the stand-by line just soaking in the details of that hotel. If they actually made a Hollywood Tower Hotel, I would have to spend at least a whole day just wandering around the hotel and taking it all in.
    ~Ashleigh

squishybear is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I was mentioning this to my family as well. The only problem disney will have is convincing people to take the elevator. 'm sure there are a bunch of superstitious people who will refuse to go the hotel because they are afraid of the elevator. It would be funny if the elevator stops occasionally mid-ride, as if its gonna fall. But i'm sure Disney would get sued if they did that.

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by squishybear View Post
    I was mentioning this to my family as well. The only problem disney will have is convincing people to take the elevator. 'm sure there are a bunch of superstitious people who will refuse to go the hotel because they are afraid of the elevator. It would be funny if the elevator stops occasionally mid-ride, as if its gonna fall. But i'm sure Disney would get sued if they did that.
    I'd have to agree with your family, when you first think about it the idea sounds fun, but in reality I don't know if you would want someplace that rersents "Terror" to stay and relax for the night. It would be for a very select group.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

Spodie is offline Fastpass Holder
    Technically, the elevator that drops is the service elevator, which resort guests don't normally take. But I'm sorry - if someone thinks that they are going to get transported into the Twilight Zone for riding the regular elevator (in this hypothetical building, of course ), then they shouldn't be allowed in Disney. Or public.
    ~Ashleigh

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    Personally, I wouldn't want to stay in a hotel that "looks old and broken down". It's fun for an attraction that you're on or in line for for 20 or 30 minutes. Not so much for the place I'll be sleeping and coming back to every night for a week.

Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder
    I think it would be very cool to have a Tower of Terror themed resort.Just think,they could take the storyline a lot further than it is and expand on the originality from the Twilight Zone's episode.(By the way,has anyone seen the tower of terror episode lately?Say,within the last year?Every time there is a TZ marathon on the sci-fi channel,they NEVER show the tot episode?Does Disney own all the rights to that episode and not allow it to be aired?Someone answer this).
    In continuation,it would be a great idea to theme a resort from the tower of terror,but as we all know,it will never happen.
    Park Hopper Dad!

Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder
    I deleted this one because I got botted off or something.Maybe my comp froze up,who knows?
    Last edited by Park Hopper Dad; 12-04-2008 at 03:34 PM. Reason: got booted off
    Park Hopper Dad!

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    I love your idea! I alway wanted a Haunted Mansion themed hotel. It wouldn't be for everyone but I think it would still be popular.