Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Hotel Window Decorations in the Vacation Planning forums; just wondering if anyone has had problems with using window clings to decorate room windows?? i am thinking of doing ours for our trip...any advice would be great!!...
    eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

Re: Hotel Window Decorations

just wondering if anyone has had problems with using window clings to decorate room windows?? i am thinking of doing ours for our trip...any advice would be great!!
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

TXTaylors5 is offline Fastpass Holder

I am new to this site and am just getting to some of the older threads. But, I still wanted to respond to this thread with some current information . . .

As with any hotel Disney or non-Disney, if you damage the room, you will be charged a fee. However, I have not read anything official from Disney discouraging window decorations.

We are DVC Members and one of the fun things about visiting WDW in October or December is decorating our windows and balcony.

We were at WDW this past December for the actual Christmas holiday. We decorated our windows and balcony. No one was knocking on our door telling us to take the decorations down or that we were getting a fine. Even one day, some CMs walking by the path below yelled up that they like the decorations. So until Disney comes out with an official announcement, people will continue to decorate their windows and balconies, including us!

Some pictures from this past December of our WDW holiday decorations:

(I used one of those 3M non-mess hooks to hang the wreath. It worked out great!)
    Jennifer Bill (DisneyTaylors) Will (12) Emily (10) Cole (7)
    2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH(DLR), POR, SSR, BWV, POFQ; 2010: BWV (2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) ~ DCL(Wonder); 2011: BCV, AKV (2xs) ~ MNSSHP ~ MVMCP ~ F&W ~ DCL(Dream); 2012: BWV, AKV, BLT ~ F&W ~ MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy);
    Upcoming Disney Trips:
    2013:04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ Flower and Garden Festival & Expedition Everest Challenge, 12/VGC (DLR)
    2014: 06/DCL ~ Alaska (Wonder), 10/DCL ~ Southern Caribbean (Magic)

"Sparkly"

thanks jen...i love your decor!! im workin on what i am going to put up in our windows...stay tuned to my pretrip report !

Quote Originally Posted by eeyore79 View Post
    thanks jen...i love your decor!! im workin on what i am going to put up in our windows...stay tuned to my pretrip report !
    Thanks! It was fun decorating. We were there for Christmas this year. So, it made it feel a little like home having the decorations. We brought a little Christmas tree too.

I'll keep an eye out for your Trip Report!
    2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH(DLR), POR, SSR, BWV, POFQ; 2010: BWV (2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) ~ DCL(Wonder); 2011: BCV, AKV (2xs) ~ MNSSHP ~ MVMCP ~ F&W ~ DCL(Dream); 2012: BWV, AKV, BLT ~ F&W ~ MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy);
    Upcoming Disney Trips:
    2013:04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ Flower and Garden Festival & Expedition Everest Challenge, 12/VGC (DLR)

"Sparkly"

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head

I did window clings. Sometimes if they don't cling, you need to rub it on your head to get some static going! But didn't have any other problems. I think it is a nice way to make your vacation extra special. But I would be careful what I use and make sure it doesn't damage anything.

Quote Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs View Post
    I did window clings. Sometimes if they don't cling, you need to rub it on your head to get some static going! But didn't have any other problems. I think it is a nice way to make your vacation extra special. But I would be careful what I use and make sure it doesn't damage anything.
    Yes, that is the big thing. Make sure you don't damage Disney's property when decorating.

I know on the cruises for awhile, people used sticky tape to decorate their stateroom doors. DCL had to keep re-painting the doors. So, they banned tape being used to attach signs to the stateroom doors. Now, you have to use magnetic paper or magnets for your stateroom door decorations. No biggie.
    Upcoming Disney Trips:

"Sparkly"

Eeyore79's Pre-Trip Countdown/Report

this is my pretrip report...enjoy!

i got some plastic suction cups from the dollar store to hang stuff with and if i decide to do anything to the door im gonna use magnets. no tape or nothing harmful!!

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

i see you had lights... i wonder if i plugged up my vampire mickey if they will say anything?
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

It seems like a lot of work to me to decorate a motel room but I do find it helpful for navigating around the building.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

lol... so true
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

i did decorate our windows every day...and had no problems. used our suction cups to hang stuff up on and a ew window clings.

chrissy i dont think you would have any issues with lights as long as they are run safe and use suction cups if you need to.

the only bummer was we were not facing the courtyard so not too many people saw my decor!

its made for windows it come with suction cups
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

there you go!! haha cant wait to see pics!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12