Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss 2 Value Resort Rooms or AS Family Suite? in the Vacation Planning forums; We are looking to go back in September next year. There will be 3 adults, and 3 children (6, 4, 2). We are looking at 2 rooms at Pop or ...
    prshell is offline A-Ticket holder

2 Value Resort Rooms or AS Family Suite?

We are looking to go back in September next year. There will be 3 adults, and 3 children (6, 4, 2). We are looking at 2 rooms at Pop or the ASMu Family Suite. We have stayed at ASMu before in the single rooms, but never used Family Suite. We've come up with pros and cons on both (none really big). Any suggestions/opinions out there?

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Just did some checking on Disney's site. A suite will come out to 220$ a night vs 99$ a night (x 2) for a room at Pop. The regular rooms will give you a total of 4 double beds, the suite gives you a queen, a sleeper sofa and two sleeper chairs. Depends how comfy that sounds to you. The suite has two bathrooms and a mini kitchen.

I like the idea of communicating rooms, we have done that in the past and it worked out pretty well.

Spodie is offline Fastpass Holder
    Where I've never stayed in a family suite, the description above and seeing pictures online makes me think that it will only be worth it if you use the kitchen. The suite is going to be about $20/night more and that is a small price to pay if you're going to be using the kitchen a lot. If not, it will probably be better to go with the 2 rooms and save that extra $100 or so for food or something.

Another thing to consider is this mini kitchen is indeed pretty "mini." It would probably be rather difficult to prepare a meal for 6 and have a decent place to eat it.
    ~Ashleigh

prshell is offline A-Ticket holder
    Those were all on our pros & cons list. The cost being less for 2 rooms was a pro, and then the kitchen was a pro. We usually do breakfast in the room so we don't need a big area, and the kids like their snacks in the evening. The extra space was a pro for us adults, and the little ones thought it'd be COOL with the couch and chairs turning into beds

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    With 3 adults I would go for the two rooms. I wouldn't want to walk the parks and be the adult stuck on the sleeper sofa with a sleepy child sharing.
    The suite would work well for the groups with 2 adults.

*There could be a surcharge for the added adult, prices are generally for
    2 adults, they tack on an extra charge for each additional adult in a room.
    We have run into that since my DS turned 18. Not sure how they charge out a suite.

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    For us it was more of a choice of sleeping areas. We discovered our kids would have to sleep on a chair/ottoman combination so we went with two rooms instead of the suites.