Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss A good resort? in the Vacation Planning forums; Hi. I'm going to Disney World in November and I am considering staying on property for the 1st time. It'll just be me and my dad-can anyone recommend either a ...
    StephlovesWDW is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Buffalo, New York- too far and too cold to be remotely considered anywhere near central Florida :(

A good resort?

Hi. I'm going to Disney World in November and I am considering staying on property for the 1st time. It'll just be me and my dad-can anyone recommend either a nice value or moderate resort? Oh- and is The Contemprary a moderate or deluxe resort? Thanks in advance.

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    The Contemporary is a deluxe resort. For a moderate, I have enjoyed the Caribbean Beach, but not everyone likes the amount of distance needed to walk from most of the rooms to the main building. I recently stayed at Pop Century, a value resort, and liked it very much.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Spodie is offline Fastpass Holder
    As far as All Stars go, I've heard Pop Century is really good. It must be because I've never been able to get reservations there! If you can't get reservations at Pop, then any of the All Stars are great choices too. They are all layed out pretty much the same and they are all next to each other, so pick the theme that interests you the most (Movies, Music, Sports). You should seriously consider a Value Resort because you get all the perks of staying on property (free transportation, Extra Magic Hours, etc) while paying about the same for a similar off property hotel. The Value Resort rooms are a little bit smaller than the moderate and deluxe hotel rooms, but if it's just your dad, then you should be fine on space.

Also, staying on property will give you that extra bit of magic that is hard to describe, but once you do it, you'll understand .
    ~Ashleigh

redheadbrown is offline Annual Passholder
    If it's a value resort you're looking for, Pop Century is a great place to stay. it has lots of pools and is an all-around fun resort. Now, if it's a moderate resort you're looking for, I personally like them all. Caribbean Beach is great if you want a tropics feel. It's main pool is currently under construction(I think), but is a Spanish fort theme with a water slide through the fort. The grounds are lush with beautiful and exotic plants. Coronado Springs has a great south of the boarder theme, with large rocks and tiled fountains on every corner. The main pool is a Myan Temple with a water slide around it. there is also a playground and a "kiddy pool". We have stayed there multiple times. Port Orleans has the down-in-the-byou feel. We have only stayed at Riverside and we loved it. The pool in on an island and has a little bit of a Tom Sawyer Island feel. There is also a small water slide at the pool. This resort also has a boat to Downtown Disney. Whatever your choice, I know you will have a WONDERFUL stay. The frist time you hear "Welcome home", that's when you know:"We're in Disney World!!!". I hope this has helped and also hope that you have a safe trip and a magical time.
    -Zac

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Moderate, My vote is Port Riverside and a close second French Quarter/Port Orleans. Have fun!

I would say for a value go to Pop Century. I love it there and it has its own bus whereas the All Stars all share a bus.
    For a moderate I would say either Port Orleans French Quarter or Riverside. FQ is smaller of the two. I've stayed at both but prefer FQ over Riverside. But that could be because I didn't spend much time at the resort. There is great nightly entertainment at both too.

Have fun!

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse
    it's all about what you want to spend

for delux i recommend the Wilderness Lodge stayed ther ein 2006 and loved it

Board Walk is nice and walking distance to EPCOT

For Moderate i am a Port orleans Riverside fam, Have stayed there several times and very muche enjoyed it. A plus is the boat to Down Town Disney

for economy I have stayed at Pop-Cenbtury and thought it was great, the theming is truly great
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

Buffalo, New York- too far and too cold to be remotely considered anywhere near central Florida :(
    Thank you everybody for your help. I think now that if we do end up on property, Pop Centuary will be our destination of choice. Oh- how seperated is the resorts on Disney property from the rest of Florida, because we are also hoping to go to the beaches and see the space center?

newdrama12 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    The Space Center is about an hour east of Orlando and the beaches are about an hour away as well. It just depends on if you want to go to the Atlantic or the Gulf. The tolls to get to the Space Center is, i think, about 6 dollars roundtrip, which is the easiest way to get there.

If you want to get to the beaches on the Gulf, you just have to take I-4 all the way to Tampa/Clearwater.
    You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it requires people to make the dream a reality" - Walt Disney

Thanks- that sounds good.

Silver Britches is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Moderate, My vote is Port Riverside and a close second French Quarter/Port Orleans. Have fun!
    I agree! I've stayed in both, and they were pretty nice. (I've never stayed at any of the value resorts or other moderates, so I can't compare these to the others.)

Mickey's#1Fan is offline Ready to go back to the World!
    Massachusetts... not close enough to the world :(
    my grandfather lives in south florida near miami and he is right on the beach about 3 hours away from the world but im sure there are closer beaches than that!
    Jennah
    Remember the MAGIC
    "a dream can be a dream come true with just that spark in me and you!"
    "in the big blue world...."
    "because i'm a lady... thats why"
    "it's a great BIG beautiful tomorrow!""Beware of hitch hiking ghosts!!"
    "it's hard to be cool when your dad is goofy!"

"please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated safely inside the theater safely"- dr. nigel channing imagination institute

check...check...check...check...applause- four for a dollar

WDW
    Trips: '90 '91 '92 '93 '94 '95 '96 '97 '98 '99 '00 '01 '02 '03 '04
    '05 '06 '07 '08 '09 '10 '12